Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

david jones

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicky

Nicky Report 11 Oct 2010 21:29

I need help to find David Jones born 1938 please.

David Jones is my fathers half brotherin Hammersmith/Shepherds bush area to a Kathleen, Violet, Minnie Rolfe and Thomas David Jones. Whom I now have a birth cert for and would really appreciate some help to try and trace him and any possible children he may have.
His death has been searched forusing his exact dob and nothing has been foundof yet. He may have died after 2006in which case of course it is not on the indexs.
I know this is a needle in a haystack job BUT any help whatsoever in trying to trace him and his whereabouts would be wonderful.
Thanking you very much.
Nicky x

jax

jax Report 11 Oct 2010 21:31

Have you tried the search trees if you are actually trying to find him There is one person that may have him in their tree are you in contact

jax

Nicky

Nicky Report 11 Oct 2010 21:38

Hi Jax.
I saw that one person had an exact match, have written too them, but am still waiting on a reply! Not sure how often people check their e mails. Fingers crossed please. x

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 11 Oct 2010 21:52

Nicky.

There are many people with David Jones 1938 born London ,Middlesex etc on trees here,maybe a message to all and see what you get back?

Nicky

Nicky Report 11 Oct 2010 21:56

oh! I only typed in Hammersmith, cheers will try
I have also put on another query re Crney family as well, yes more relatives on my dads side!!!

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 11 Oct 2010 21:57

Have you sent messages to the other 4 people who have a Kathleen Rolfe born in the Essex area about the right time as well?

Nicky

Nicky Report 11 Oct 2010 22:01

ummmmm, no, ummmm
when I type in d jones etc it comes up with no matches. I must be doing something wrong! Oh sugar......

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 11 Oct 2010 22:20

Just type in David Jones and 1938 and then go through them all one by one..Send a message to all the ones that have him born London ,Middlesex or anywhere near to his birth place.
Same with Kathleen Rolfe,but obviously dont put in 1938 but her own birth year.:)

B###y h#l..Some people .:))

Nicky

Nicky Report 11 Oct 2010 22:22

Sorry FBG, won't do it again, promise????lol

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 12 Oct 2010 10:57

You been through ALL those David Jones 1938 and Kathleen Rolfes 1917/1918/1919 on here and fired off messages Nicky??

Bet thats kept you busy..:)

Nicky

Nicky Report 12 Oct 2010 11:08

nearly done. also found some carneys on here sent thm msgs as well , getting the hang of it lol <3

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 12 Oct 2010 11:11

Hoooorrrraaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

We will have you totally able to use this site by time we finish Nicky.....

Nicky

Nicky Report 12 Oct 2010 11:19

nearly there, phew........... this is hard work lol xxxxx

Nicky

Nicky Report 13 Oct 2010 11:06

FBG
I have had some answers for both Kathleen and David, no luck as of yet, if ever, boo-hoo lol xxxx

Nicky

Nicky Report 18 Oct 2010 12:46

Still no luck FBG

Nicky

Nicky Report 26 Oct 2010 13:04

nothing, zilch, no one has bothered to reply to my pm , booooooo!!!!!

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 26 Oct 2010 14:02

Finding him is going to be impossible I think.

Have you tracked down either of Kathleens brothers or her sisters children to see if they know anything?

Births Sep 1912
Rolfe Henry A Carney Chelmsford 4a 1322
Births Jun 1915
Rolfe Leslie A Carney Chelmsford 4a 1297
Births Mar 1920
Rolfe Marjorie Carney Chelmsford 4a 1667

You need to add them to your tree in case anyone comes looking..

Marriages Sep 1933
Rolfe Henry A Smith Chelmsford 4a 2037
Smith Daisy W Rolfe Chelmsford 4a 2037

Marriages Mar 1939
Houghton Roy D Rolfe Chelmsford 4a 927
Rolfe Marjorie Houghton Chelmsford 4a 927

You also need to buy both those marriage certs, if you have not already, to make sure they ARE Kathleens siblings by their fathers details..

Leslie is harder as there are a couple that could be his marriage,but not in Chelmsford.
I picked the other 2 for where they married ,so highly likely they are the people you want to get in contact with,or their children anyway..

I am not putting any of their childrens details on here for privacy reasons as they hopefully are alive.

If you get those 2 marriage certs to be sure they are Kathleens brother and sister then we can start searching for their children.

Melba64

Melba64 Report 26 Oct 2010 15:22

If you contact the local register office of the place the marriage took place you can specify that you only want the certificate if the father's name is ??? and if you include a sae they will just send your cheque back without charging you. Hope this helps.

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 27 Oct 2010 15:42

NICKY..
If you ever hang around sometime instead of posting and runnng..Grrr....we may get this sorted and on its way a little further.
Now get back here...PRONTO.

PM sent to that affect...

Nicky

Nicky Report 27 Oct 2010 17:09

blimming sorry. I have been told off. ok
Uncle Leslie was gay , not married and is dead! I sort of recognise Henry and Daisy, thy had kids, 2 of them are in the cemmy, one of their kids accidentally hit one of them over the head!!!!!!
What a family I have hahahahahahaha.
Roy is not in our family, haven't heard of him. I haven,t updated my tree, but my Dad has a cousin who's hubby is on here and he has ALL the names of the Rolfe kids. There are at least 6!!!!!!! But my Dads cousin has lost touch with ALL of them, it's quite frustrating!!!!
Do you want me to pop back at 20.00hrs?????