Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tracing

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

david

david Report 2 Apr 2011 13:22

im trying to find my birth mother, i know her name, and the address she was living at when i was registered at birth, but not her date of birth, can any 1 tell me the next step, there is no fathers name on my birth cert

Flick

Flick Report 2 Apr 2011 13:58

The best course of action would be to add your details to the adoption contact register......and hope that your birth mother has done the same

david

david Report 2 Apr 2011 14:15

yes i mean my birth mother, the information i have is iris mary gilbert, when and where i was born says 30-10-44 at 20 new street lymington, name surname and maiden name of mother says (worked at a dairy) of 60 cromwell road southampton, so i presume thats her address and not the dairy. i have my name on the contact reg but to no avail, so im trying to trace the family, but dont know where to start, if u can help it would b gratefully accepted, thanks

jax

jax Report 2 Apr 2011 14:20

Have you tried Freebmd for any likely births for her? There is a birth in Southampton which could be her

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

jax

david

david Report 2 Apr 2011 14:23

yes the only mary gilbert was born in southampton in 1927, thats the only 1 in that area that would fit the time line, but because i dont have the dob im not certain, is there anyway of tracing to make sure through her address perhaps

jax

jax Report 2 Apr 2011 14:26

I see you have her in your tree so do a couple of other people have you tried to contact them?

jax

jax

jax Report 2 Apr 2011 14:28

You were born during the war years so there would not be an electrol roll. If she was only 17 she would not be on the list anyway

jax

Flick

Flick Report 2 Apr 2011 14:28

You have posted several threads already about this woman......the advice you get is not going to change, no matter how many times you ask.

david

david Report 2 Apr 2011 14:29

i have but they havnt answered back and that was last friday so im not holding out much hope on that 1, so im stuck jax

david

david Report 2 Apr 2011 14:32

flick i didnt have the address information until i recieved the birth cert this morning, im sorry for trying to find out who i am, im just trying my best, so sorry for that

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 2 Apr 2011 14:32

have sent you a pm
pp x

jax

jax Report 2 Apr 2011 14:34

I was going to send a pm of a poss marriage but I dont know what pollypoppet has sent you?

jax

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 2 Apr 2011 14:36

hi jax sorry i have sent possible birth and marriage to David
pp x

david

david Report 2 Apr 2011 14:39

yes i had a possible birth and marriage, but i cant confirm them because i dont have her dob, how do i go about it further to confirm these details, thanks

jax

jax Report 2 Apr 2011 14:42

Purchase the certs?

jax

david

david Report 2 Apr 2011 14:43

which certs jax, i have my original birth cert, buts thats all

jax

jax Report 2 Apr 2011 14:53

Iris's birth and marriage cert she may still be alive of course it looks like her husband was born the same year also

jax

david

david Report 2 Apr 2011 15:04

who do i apply to for them

jax

jax Report 2 Apr 2011 15:06

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

£9.25 each including postage

jax

Mary

Mary Report 2 Apr 2011 15:08

Go to the GRO website once you have the relevant numbers.

Maryb