Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE BEFORE I GO MAD!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 28 Feb 2012 12:05

Hi there, i am wondering if there are any experts on finding information about ancestors who could help me please? I would be so grateful. I have been searching for my great grandmother and cannot find anything about her anywhere except her death record? Her name was Doris M Williams. I have managed to find out she died in liverpol aged 43 and her name was then Doris M Rawlinson and that is it??? I cannot find any record of her marrying my great grandfather either. They had 4 children and my great Aunt said they were married but maybe they weren't? I just don't know. Anyway not sure where to go from here except get a professional to search for me but i am wondering how they could get any further? Any comments or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thankyou. Emma.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Feb 2012 12:11

Hi Emma - please delete your duplicate posting and use just this one

you haven't given any dates - we need dates to be able to help you :-)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Feb 2012 12:28

The only death I can find to match on age of 43 is this one

Deaths Mar 1940 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rawlinson Doris M 43 Manchester 8d 966

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Feb 2012 12:30

Who was your great grandfather ?

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 28 Feb 2012 12:33

Where did you get her maiden surname from please?

Potty

Potty Report 28 Feb 2012 12:39

Please can you post the details of her child who is your grandmother/father? Where and when born? Father's name from marriage cert.

Emma

Emma Report 28 Feb 2012 12:41

hey thanks for replies. She was born roughly in 1897 and my Great Grandfather was called Edward Rawlinson and he was definitely born in 1879. I was told by my grandmother and aunt that her maiden name was Williams. Also i know it was Williams as my grandmothers birth certificate says it.

Emma

Emma Report 28 Feb 2012 12:47

My grandmother was Hilda Rawlinson and she had two brothers and one sister. I can find information on all those relatives even my great grandfather but don't know where to start with my great grandmother. i know she was Doris Williams and not much else. i really have searched what seems like forever!!!

Potty

Potty Report 28 Feb 2012 12:49

Emma, when and where was your grandmother born? Was she the eldest child? In order to help you we need all the info you have.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Feb 2012 12:50

With the difference in age I wonder if Edward was already married

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 28 Feb 2012 13:00

What was Edward's occupation on your Grandmother's birth certificate please?

The only Hilda birth that I can see with mmn Williams was in Stourbridge - unless of course Hilda was a middle name that she was known by?

Potty

Potty Report 28 Feb 2012 13:02

When and where was Edward born?

Emma

Emma Report 28 Feb 2012 13:04

my grandmother was born in 17th July 1921 in stourbridge. She had an older brother called Reg who was born in 1917 we think. Her sister Olive was born in 1923 and her other brother Clifford was born in 1926. I know her parents split up after Clifford was born and my great grandfather went on to have another child with another woman. He was an actor and i have seen on 1911 cenus that he was boarding in a house in Bristol and was classed as single when he was 32 years old. i'm sorry i don't seem to be much help but very new to this.

Potty

Potty Report 28 Feb 2012 13:08

Olive and Clifford's births:

Births Dec 1923 (>99%)
Rawlinson Olive M Williams W.Derby 8b 767

Births Jun 1926 (>99%)
Rawlinson Clifford H Williams W. Derby 8b 1022

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Feb 2012 13:10

1911 just for info

PHILLIPS, Mary Elizabeth Widow F 75 1836 Bristol Glos VIEW
PAGANI, Romeo Boarder Single M 33 1878 Waiter Hotel London VIEW
BELVERSTONE, James Ignatine Boarder Single M 80 1831 Actor And Pantsmimist Cambridgeshire Wisbech VIEW
HAMER, Florence Ada Boarder Single F 21 1890 Actress At Sea VIEW
MONEY, Beatrice Boarder Single F 24 1887 Actress Alyesbury Bucks VIEW
CARROL, Soal M Boarder Single F 19 1892 Private Means Richmond Yorks VIEW
QUINLAN, Kathleen W Boarder Single F 16 1895 Sister Of Community Scholar Chelsea London VIEW
HUGHES, Leonor Bearice Boarder Widow F 41 1870 Actress London VIEW
RAWLINSON, Edward Boarder Single F 32 1879 Actor Liverpool VIEW
DENCH, Lydia Boarder Married F 23 1888 Actress Widnes Lancs VIEW
HENNESEY, Amy Servant Single F 29 1882 General Servant Domestic Bristol Glos VIEW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RG number:
RG14 Piece:
14879 Reference:
RG14PN14879 RG78PN902 RD319 SD2 ED18 SN212

Registration District:
Bristol Sub District:
Bristol Central Enumeration District:
18 Parish:
Bristol

Address:
66 Queens Square

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 28 Feb 2012 13:16

You're doing fine Emma. At least you are staying online to answer questions and that is a help.

Emma

Emma Report 28 Feb 2012 13:17

yes that is definitely the right Edward Rawlinson. I don't know where he was born. You could well be right and maybe he was married before i just don't know. There is definitely a big gap in age. Do you think it's worth paying someone who deals with family trees? I'm just wondering how else they could find anything on her, seems impossible. I know she was acting too but information very hazy regarding great grandmother. Thankyou Glitter baby for your help.

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 28 Feb 2012 13:19

This could be a total red herring.

Emma do you know what the "H" stood for in Clifford's name please?

Name: Doris Williams
Age in 1911: 15
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1896
Relation to Head: Daughter
Birth Place: Gloucester, Gloucester, England <<< Image says Bristol
Civil parish: Wandsworth
County/Island: London
Street Address: 30 Romberg Road, Upper Tooting S W
Marital Status: Single
Registration district: Wandsworth
Registration District Number: 26
Sub-registration district: Streatham
ED, institution, or vessel: 04
Piece: 2289
Household Members: Name Age
Herbert Williams 36 occ. ACTOR
Ethel Williams 41
Doris Williams 15
Leslie Williams 14
Nora Williams 13
Phyllis Williams 8

Emma

Emma Report 28 Feb 2012 13:19

Thanks rootgatherer.

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 28 Feb 2012 13:20

Emma - don't think about paying anyone just yet please.

Just give us a little more time.