Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Vera Nellie Tarrant

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Laura

Laura Report 4 Aug 2012 15:08

Can any help with a very difficult trace, I am trying to fin what happened to my Aunt Vera NellieTarrant she was born 1916 Bournemouth Dorset parents were Laura and Henry Tarrant, she married Thomas Rogan in 1934, in Bournemoth, Thomas Died in 1975 in London, his sister Nora Silmon was his next of kin on the death cert, no trace of Vera. Not been able to find out much about her after that? Any help appreciated. :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Aug 2012 15:13

Births Dec 1916 (>99%)
Tarrant Vera N Tout Christchurch 2b 1002

If the above was her birth, I wonder why she married without using her second forename?

Marriages Dec 1934 (>99%)

Rogan Thomas Tarrant Bournemouth 2b 1854
Tarrant Vera Rogan Bournemouth 2b 18

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Aug 2012 15:16

What did Thomas's death cert say about his marital status?

Thelma

Thelma Report 4 Aug 2012 15:17

?????????????????????????////

Web: Norway Burial Index, DIS-Norge, 1700-2010
about Vera Rogan
Name: Vera Rogan
Death Date: 9 May 2003
Burial Date: 19 Jun 2003
Burial Place: Skien, Telemark, Norway
Birth Date: 9 Nov 1916 <<<<<??
URL: http://www.disnorge.no/gravmin...

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 5 Aug 2012 10:00

Reggie.....it's funny you should query why Vera married without her second forename.

I have just received the b/c for my OH's grandmother and discovered she had a middle name which she did NOT use on her m/c.

Mind you, my Elizabeth was a naughty girl and also lied about her age in order to get married.

Maybe both Vera and my Elizabeth thought no-one would even know or care! :-D

Laura

Laura Report 6 Aug 2012 15:56

Sorry should have replyed on threads.

Laura

Laura Report 6 Aug 2012 15:59

thanyou for you feed back, dont have my aunts brith cert, so not sure what the second name was .I have the marriage cert, which only shows her first name.
Death details of Thomas Rogan were give by another helper on this site, so assume that it was him, death 7/10/75, age 69.in St Marylebone, he was a musicain(retired) at the time of his death.
He traveled a lot. No mention of his marriage on the cert, only his sister Norah Silmom informent.

Laura

Laura Report 6 Aug 2012 16:04

thanks for the feed back very interesting details, as no trace of her after her husband died in 1975, is it a possible she went abroad, cant find any other trace of a marriage or children

Laura

Laura Report 6 Aug 2012 16:08

Yes I also have a couple of other relatives my grandmother and aunt who also lied abou there age to make it look better on there marriage cert,
But my aunt Vera, was 18 and Thomad Rogan 27 when they married. Just wonder what happen to her after he died, I wonder if they were still together as she is not mentioned on the death cert.

Petef

Petef Report 6 Aug 2012 19:53

Are you sure his sister was his next of kin on his death certificate or was she just the person who registered his death ?
If he was still married to Vera wouldn't it have said 'husband of Vera Rogan' or 'husband of the late Vera Rogan' if she had already died? If neither of those were stated, I would imagine they were divorced?
Did they have any children?
Thanks,
Peter

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 6 Aug 2012 19:58

Laura Thelma's post HAS to be her surely??

Petef

Petef Report 6 Aug 2012 21:06

Laura,.

I have just read your postings on Ancestry 2010. Vera Rogan went to New Zealand when her husband died, why didn't you tell us?
Why didn't you also tell us she had two adopted children who went to Australia?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 6 Aug 2012 23:36

Peter - that's a bit harsh!

I also saw those postings and they were two years ago. Didn't you stop and think that Laura may have found out in the intervening period that going to Australia was not the case after all?

What right have you got to take Laura to task in such a manner?

EDIT: Peter has since edited his post above, deleting a rather abrupt and impolite question.

Thelma

Thelma Report 7 Aug 2012 00:15

It is very difficult to find things without spending money.
Buying her birth cert. will give her birth date which will either prove or disprove the death in Norway.

Marriages Sep 1912 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blake Walter R Penn Christchurch 2b 1638
Penn Mabel F Blake Christchurch 2b 1638
Tarrant Henry C Tout Christchurch 2b 1638
Tout Laura Tarrant Christchurch 2b 1638

Laura

Laura Report 7 Aug 2012 14:52

Yes Norah Silmon was the sister on the death cert, it is possible they were divorced, but can you trace a divorce?

Laura

Laura Report 7 Aug 2012 14:53

I have the marriage cert, so will send for the Birth cert and see what it turns up?

Laura

Laura Report 7 Aug 2012 14:57

Did try Ancestry a couple of years ago, with the informationr re Aus/Nz from my late father, as Vera was his sister, but did'nt get anywhere, so maybe it wasn,t correct. So hoping for some new leads now. :-)

Laura

Laura Report 12 Aug 2012 10:14

Re the Norway connection

Got the birth cert seems the dob is differnet 21st Aug 1916,Bournemouth
Full name Vera Nellie Tarrant, later Rogan
She may not have liked that second name and stopped using it later life??
Still wonder what happened after her first marriage? :-)

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 12 Aug 2012 10:32

They obviously left it very late to register the birth taking it into quarter 4 which is why it shows as Dec 1916. As for the date of 9 November, the information is only as good as the informant.

Jude

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 12 Aug 2012 10:40

Laura, have you looked at the link to the Norway death? There is a photograph of the gravestone - she is buried with a Bjorn Rogan 28/05/1917 to May 1997