Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cambridgeshire BMDs

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 23 Jul 2007 14:44

I have Baptisms, Marriages and Burials for Cambridgeshire. They are not Parish Registers - just, name, year and place. M. Steer

Nessie56

Nessie56 Report 23 Jul 2007 16:26

Hi Margaret I have the following born in Haslingfield Cambridgeshire. William Pearce Born 1844 married to Eliza Peters born 1846. I have marriage certificate. Elza'a father was a William Peters. no other information known. David Pearce born abt 1816 married to Jane Hinds born about 1818. I think Janes father was Joseph Hinds, no other details know. Would appreciate any other information. Thanks Janet

Margaret

Margaret Report 23 Jul 2007 18:26

Geoff, have sent a PM. Janet, I'm working on it - will contact you a.s.a.p. M. Steer

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 23 Jul 2007 18:58

Please can you see if you can find anything for the surnames How or Howes, particularly in the area of Bottisham or Chatteris. Thanks Fi

Nessie56

Nessie56 Report 23 Jul 2007 21:05

Thanks Margaret There is no rush, will be working for the next two night so wont be back on line till the weekend. Just happy you are taking the time to help. Regards Janet

Lilian

Lilian Report 23 Jul 2007 21:57

Hi Margaret, I would appreciate you looking for Abraham Sale (could be an alternative spelling). He married in Bedfordshire in 1755 but I can't find his birth. I was told that he may have been born in Cambridgeshire. If you have the time, please look for any other Sales in the county. Many thanks, Lilian

Margaret

Margaret Report 24 Jul 2007 12:25

Fi, Could you please be a bit more specific? There are several hundred How/es just in the Baptism Index. I'm more than happy to look for you but I need something to go on. M. Steer

Margaret

Margaret Report 24 Jul 2007 12:41

Lilian, the only Abraham Sale I could find was Baptised in 1805, so obviously not yours. If there's any other family member you would like me to check, please give as much info., as possible. M. Steer

Lilian

Lilian Report 24 Jul 2007 13:21

Thanks for trying, Margaret. I appreciate your help. Best wishes, Lilian

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 24 Jul 2007 14:07

Hi Margaret, Sorry I didnt expect you to say there were so many. I have my Great Great Grandfather Charles Howe who was born 1855 therefore would be interested in his baptism.please His father was Isaac How who claimed in 1846 at time of marriage that he was 30. I have his marriage certificatebut wonder if you may be able to find his christening or his burial. He was alive in 1855 when his son Charles was born. Thank you again Fi

Margaret

Margaret Report 24 Jul 2007 15:46

Fi, a PM on its way. M. Steer.

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 24 Jul 2007 16:17

Thanks Margaret, pm sent right back to you. Fi

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 24 Jul 2007 16:38

hi margaret thankyou for your kind offer im looking for the surname STUKINS and SMEE from long stanton i have robert stukins married to katherine smee.is it possible to have their baptisma and marriage please. anything for any stukins would be great,thankyou if its too much dont worry hun. i have so many of my ancestors in cambridge i could have you looking for a month lol. susie

Margaret

Margaret Report 24 Jul 2007 18:52

Susie, can you please give me some more info. I've found a Katherin Smee, 1622 - Castle Camps. M. Steer

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 24 Jul 2007 20:59

hi margaret sorry for being vague lol robert stukins born bef 1579 in long stanton katherine smee born bef 1579 long stanton john stukins born 1604 married an elizabeth ,i dont know her last name. their son robert was born 1639 so i was wondering if you could see their marriage . also robert born 1639 married a mary but i dont know her name either. i have one son for them at the moment,again he is called robert and he was born bef 1690. any info on the above would be great they were all born in long stanton. if it is gonna be difficult hun i understand. love susie

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 25 Jul 2007 08:43

Hi Margaret, Could you please see if you could find the marriage for John Sivell to Catherine ? before 1800 in Cambridge St Giles possibly. Thank you Liz

Margaret

Margaret Report 25 Jul 2007 10:42

Susie, no luck I'm afraid. Long Stanton doesn't seem to be very well indexed, not that far back at any rate. Sorry. M. Steer

Margaret

Margaret Report 25 Jul 2007 10:57

Liz, Marriage: John Sivell, 1796, Camb.St.Peter. The Index doesn't give name of Spouse, so it's a case of cross referencing other marriages in that church for that year. The only one I could find, that fits is Katharine Single. Regards, M. Steer.

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 25 Jul 2007 11:43

margaret thankyou for looking any way is over indexed hun? i have loads in over lol susie

Shannette

Shannette Report 25 Jul 2007 11:52

Does this cover the town of Huntingdon as I know the boundary was different in the past?