Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with my Morris family again please

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hapiun

Hapiun Report 18 Jun 2007 12:38

Did Walter have another name

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 18 Jun 2007 12:40

Hi I recieved some information from a couple of very kind people on here yesterday which has been fantastic, about my grandfathers family. Today I have spoken to my grandfather, but he,s in his 80,s now, and finds it hard to remember things from his childhood. What he did say was that when his mother Emma Morris (nee Hales) died around 1937 ish his father Walter Morris remarried maybe to a Margaret, and there was also maybe another child born. Walter was from West Yorkshire. If this is correct how do I find this family? Lee :)

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 18 Jun 2007 12:53

Hi Pam Im really not sure about another name...sorry, all I have is that he was born in Leeds, his father William maybe was born in Knaresborough, but this also is not 100% Lee

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 18 Jun 2007 12:58

Hiya Sorry about taking ages to reply but this site is really slow for me today. Emma and Walter lived in New Wortley West Yorkshire at the time of Emmas death Lee

Julie

Julie Report 18 Jun 2007 13:00

Hi Lee Do you know where about Emma's death would be reg and at what age she would of been Once we find a definite death for her we could then look for a marriage for Walter

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 18 Jun 2007 13:02

Hi I think Emma (nee Hales) was about 55-56 ish when she died, she was born in 1881 Lee

Julie

Julie Report 18 Jun 2007 13:06

Lee If you want you can use this link and look as it is free Ok It won't let me put it all on

Hapiun

Hapiun Report 18 Jun 2007 13:17

Lee Sorry all i can find is a David W Morris married 1949 To Knaggs, Yorkshire North Riding. sorry Pamx

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 18 Jun 2007 13:20

Thats ok Pam Thankyou for taking the time to look anyway Lee:)

Julie

Julie Report 18 Jun 2007 13:35

Lee Im now looking for Walters marriage, do you know if he stayed in Yorkshire

Julie

Julie Report 18 Jun 2007 13:36

Ok Found Emmas death Emma Morris age 53 Leeds North Q3 1934 9b 333

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 18 Jun 2007 13:42

Hi Julie Yes that sounds about right for Emmas death Lee

Julie

Julie Report 18 Jun 2007 13:54

did you get kicked off Are you sure he married a Margaret cos i have found and it the area that has drawn me there is Walter Morris married a Lilian Hobman in Pontefract 1938 Q4 9c 251

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 18 Jun 2007 13:58

Hi Julie yes he stayed in Yorkshire as far as I know

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 18 Jun 2007 14:00

Lol yeah got kicked off...said something about site maintanance!! Woah strange what you have found, as he says it was a Margaret Cant believe the trouble Im having with my gandparents family, first those Doidges that you was helping me with the other day, and now this!!! Oh yeah, about the Doidge,s, when you found the death of the infant Joan Doidge, I cant find for the life of me a birth for her?? Just gets more strange by the day....:)

Julie

Julie Report 18 Jun 2007 14:04

Lee Heres Joans birth ref Joan Doidge b Q3 1928 Pontefract 9c 224 Did you look in the Qtrs on Ancestry

Julie

Julie Report 18 Jun 2007 14:10

Lee If there is another child it is going to take a long time to find them as Morris is a common name. Its 3/4 pages per Qtr

Julie

Julie Report 18 Jun 2007 14:20

OMG lee and i thought my family was hard to find

Julie

Julie Report 18 Jun 2007 14:22

so far i've looked 1835 to 41 nothing yet

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 18 Jun 2007 14:26

Hi Julie My mums just been on the phone, and says that she thinks for sure it was a Margaret, and that Margaret had an illigitamate child already called Dolly. When they married they were living in Eastbourne Cresent Pontefract. Also my grandfather has just told her, that, before his mum (Emma nee Hales) Morris died, and maybe before he was born, his father Walter had a child with someone else!!! Lee