Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Could some help try find my gt.gt grandfather Doid

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 13 Jun 2007 12:59

Hi, could someone help me search for my gt.gt. grandfather. The little bit of info I have is William Doidge born 1872 Annfield Plain Durham. He married Louisa Scholfield who was from Pontefract West Yorkshire. The family moved up here to West yorkshire, and I have them on the 1901 census living in Allerton Bywater. Ive just moved near to the area, and plan a visit to their old house, but would love to know what happened to William and Louisa..I dont know what age they died, or where they are buried. Any help greatly appreciated. Also if anyone would like me to visit a graveyard around this area, Allerton Bywater, Castleford, Micklefield etc....I would be more than happy to go...just let me know details. Many thanks Lee x

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 13 Jun 2007 13:08

Hi Julie I come from Frederick Lee

Julie

Julie Report 13 Jun 2007 13:10

Lee Do you have Frederick's Marriage certificate to find out if William had died by then Julie

Julie

Julie Report 13 Jun 2007 13:14

Hi Lee Which one of William & Louisa's children do you come from

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 13 Jun 2007 13:23

Hi No I dont, just been looking around and think Ive found his death in March 1913 aged 58......no sign of Louisa death though. I just desperatly want to find where they may be buried. Cheers for your help Lee

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 13 Jun 2007 13:23

Hi Fred,s first child was my grandmother...Marjorie born September 30th 1925 Thankyou for this help, its much appreciated Lee

Julie

Julie Report 13 Jun 2007 13:29

Lee I think that Williams Death in 1913 is to old for your one. I think the best thing to do would be to find Fredericks M/C, which i don't mind looking for, but what i now need to know is when was Fredericks 1st child born Julie

Julie

Julie Report 13 Jun 2007 13:35

Frederick Doidge married Frances Whitby Q2 1924 Pontefract 9c 281 Lee...If you order this M/C and see if William was still alive, then it would narrow it down abit to look for a death Julie

Julie

Julie Report 13 Jun 2007 13:36

give me 2 ticks and i'll look for the marriage

Sue from Perth Oz

Sue from Perth Oz Report 13 Jun 2007 13:48

Hi If you order their marriage cert it should give you their fathers names Marr reg iew Record William Henry Doidge 1891 Oct-Nov-Dec Pontefract Yorkshire - West Riding, West Yorkshire View Record Louisa Schofield 1891 Oct-Nov-Dec Pontefract Yorkshire - West Riding, West Yorkshire View Record Joseph Taylor 1891 Oct-Nov-Dec Pontefract Yorkshire - West Riding, West Yorkshire View Record Hannah Wilson 1891 Oct-Nov-Dec Pontefract Yorkshire - West Riding, West Yorkshire Name: William Henry Doidge Year of Registration: 1891 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec DISTRICT: Pontefract County: Yorkshire - West Riding, West Yorkshire Volume: 9c Page: 215 (click to see others on page)

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 13 Jun 2007 13:49

Hi Thanks for your help, will do that Lee

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 13 Jun 2007 13:54

Hi Sue Thankyou There is a William H living with the family on the 1901 census aged 7. Appreciate your help Lee

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 13 Jun 2007 14:00

Julie Just a thought, William,s father was also a William born 1854 in Tavistock Devon. Do you think its a possibility that he moved up here with his son,s family at some point, and maybe its his death 1913, as the age would add up, or is this just me clutching at straws!!! Lee :)

Julie

Julie Report 13 Jun 2007 14:12

Lee It could be his dad i wouldn't like to say for sure. This is where you start spending your money, you could order it to see who the informants were and see if it ties in any where I am at the mo looking through the deaths from 1920 to 1930 to see if i can find William and Louisa Julie

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 13 Jun 2007 14:14

Julie Youre a star :) Thankyou for this Lee

Julie

Julie Report 13 Jun 2007 14:18

Lee How far into this do you want to go or know. I have found a death of 1 of your nans siblings and they were only a baby, would you like the info Julie

Julie

Julie Report 13 Jun 2007 14:24

Lee Yes found William Q3 1929 Pontefract 9c 142 age 57

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Jun 2007 14:28

If William was born 1872, then he could possibly have lived until 1970 ish (people can live to be over 100). This could mean a very slow, long trawl through the complete death index. Have you got a date where you know for definite they were dead (this would cut down on the searching)? Kath. x

Lee in Yorkshire

Lee in Yorkshire Report 13 Jun 2007 14:41

Julie Would love any info you have...thankyou

Julie

Julie Report 13 Jun 2007 14:44

Ok Looked up till 1939 and couldn't see Louisa The one i found was Joan Doidge b Q3 1928 Pontefract 9c 224, ..................d Q4 1928 Pontefract 9c 153. Did you see i found William I have to go up the school now, let me know if you want me to carry on looking for Louisa Julie