Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

really stuck any help please;;;;;

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 11 May 2007 22:41

Daisy Knights born 1896 southampton hampshire married Percival Phillpott need to find D.O.B. and place of birth any help please.............

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 May 2007 22:46

Explain please...........whose birth? Reg

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 11 May 2007 22:47

hi percival phillpott,s birth date and place of birth...

SydneyDi

SydneyDi Report 11 May 2007 22:49

You will need her birth certificate to get the exact date of birth. Its free to look up www.freebmd*org.uk and on ancestry*com (replace the * with a . (dot)) There's is a Daisy Knights registered in Sep 1895 - go to freebmd for the exact reference. I could tell you, but its more fun to look yourself and learn - then you can look for Percival's birth and their marriage and all sorts of things Di

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 May 2007 22:49

You need to buy the marriage cert to find out his age and the name and occupation of his father. Anything else would be guessing, and could send you down the wrong line completely. Reg

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 11 May 2007 22:50

hi reg problem is i don,t even know where they were married.....

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 11 May 2007 22:56

There is more than one Percival Philpott on the 1891 & 1901 censuses. & loads of Percys. Ozi.

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 11 May 2007 22:58

hi Di i already have daisy,s details and if i bought certificates for everyone in my tree i would have to be a millionare but i,m not i,m just a puaper..

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 May 2007 22:58

As you know the names, you should be able to find the marriage easily enough. Just register with Ancestry and start searching the images - start when Daisy would have been 16, and work your way through till you find it. Reg

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 11 May 2007 23:08

hi OZ thanks for your input i,ve been looking and can,t find anything....

Georgina

Georgina Report 11 May 2007 23:11

Gary, Percy W Philpott married Daisy Knights in the december quarter 1919 in southampton ref no:2c-69 or 2e-69 (I cant make out the letter in the reference) Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 11 May 2007 23:13

There is a good chance that this is Percy's birth.. Births Sep 1895 (>99%) Philpott Percy William Southampton 2c 24 Georgina.

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 11 May 2007 23:13

hi Georgina thanks for coming to the rescue i really appreciate it all the best........GARY........

Georgina

Georgina Report 11 May 2007 23:15

Gary this could be Percy on the 1901 census but the marriage certificate will confirm his fathers name... Name: Percy W Philpott Age: 5 Estimated birth year: abt 1896 Relation: Son Father's name: George Gender: Male Where born: Southampton Civil parish: St Mary Ecclesiastical parish: St Augustine Town: Southampton County/Island: Hampshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Southampton Sub-registration district: Southampton ED, institution, or vessel: 18 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 256 Household Members: Name Age George Philpott 32 Percy W Philpott 5 Richard G Philpott 9 Daisy Young 9 Georgina.

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 11 May 2007 23:16

hi Georgina thanks again your a great help.......GARY.......

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 11 May 2007 23:18

This could be his marriage. Only one about that time. Marriages Jun 1891 ELFORD Edward Southampton 2c 64 Misskimmon Emma Southampton 2c 64 Philpott George Southampton 2c 64 Sainsbury Laura Southampton 2c 64 The image on the 1901 census records him as married, not widowed. Ozi.

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 11 May 2007 23:24

hi OZ your a star..............GARY........

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 11 May 2007 23:30

Looks like Edward Elford married Emma. 1901: Edward Elford Emma abt 1856 Woolwich, London, England Head Portsmouth Hampshire

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 11 May 2007 23:33

thanks OZ so that means george married laura...

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 11 May 2007 23:35

1871: Possible Name: Laura Sainsbury Age: 2 Estimated birth year: abt 1869 Relation: Daughter Father's name: John Mother's name: Peresa Gender: Female Where born: Southampton, Hampshire, England Civil parish: All Saints Ecclesiastical parish: St Peter Town: Southampton County/Island: Hampshire Country: England Street address: 25 Amoy St Occupation: Registration district: Southampton Sub-registration district: Southampton Household Members: Name Age John Sainsbury 29 - ships steward, b. Lyndhurst Hants Peresa Sainsbury 26 Laura Sainsbury 2 Ada P Sainsbury 1 month The rest born Southampton. However I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. What do you think? Do you want me to keep going? Ozi.