Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Want to join Ancestry???

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Irene

Irene Report 23 Apr 2007 18:25

Go through Lost Cousins(free to join) On home page click on getting started link. then scroll down to one of the census pages where you see ancestry then click on that.. Form comes up once you click Ancestry, complete the form and then it is only £55.97 to join, you need your credit card when you fill the form in. I am well pleased as they wanted £79.99 fror me to join over the telephone. Irene

Julie

Julie Report 23 Apr 2007 18:29

Thanks for letting us know, my subs run out soon. Just had a look and can't see a link for Ancestry

Irene

Irene Report 23 Apr 2007 18:44

It is not obvious - on the home page on the left go to links then a list of links comes up- go down until you see Ancestry then click on that. Good luck Irene

Julie

Julie Report 23 Apr 2007 18:49

Irene Thanks, it seems to give me every other link but Ancestry, maybe it knows i already have it lol Julie just had another look and it says the links will change from time to time, so will keep my eyes peeled

Irene

Irene Report 23 Apr 2007 18:57

I will go in again to Lost Cousins and check as I have received my membership from Ancestry and see if I can do it again. Irene

Irene

Irene Report 23 Apr 2007 19:05

You are right Julie it does not work while you are still a member. You will have to wait until your subscription runs out. Good luck Irene ps I am going to update first message to easier way in.

Heather

Heather Report 23 Apr 2007 19:23

If you signed up through Lost Cousins last year ancestry is renewing at the same price this year. Alternatively if they ask you for the full renewal, ring them on their free number and ask why all your friends are getting it for £55 (I did and I got it for £55)

juma

juma Report 24 Apr 2007 14:46

After seeing this posting about the cheaper subscription of £55 for Ancestry I phoned Ancestry on the 0800 number as my subscription expires in a few days. The customer services dept told me that they were unaware of it even when I said I had read it on Genes Reunited. I wanted to upgrade to annual membership instead of quarterly and although I didn't get it at £55 I paid £64 plus was given an extra month subs. Its not fair that there are two different prices. Julie

Jo in Wales

Jo in Wales Report 24 Apr 2007 15:53

Hi Irene Thanks for letting us know. My subscription ran out a couple of days ago and as I had changed my card details they couldn't take the money directly. I have now joined again through the Lost Cousins site and saved myself some money. Thanks once again. Jo xx

Julie

Julie Report 24 Apr 2007 16:09

Jo Thats the same as to whats going to happen to me, so nice to see that it worked Julie

juma

juma Report 24 Apr 2007 17:38

n

Tammy

Tammy Report 25 Apr 2007 09:37

I hAve just joined Ancestry through Lost Cousins and paid £55. Thank you for helping to save some money. Tammy :~)

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 25 Apr 2007 10:45

n

Annabel

Annabel Report 25 Apr 2007 12:31

Renewed last week, they charged me $122 oz dollars = 50 uk pounds for12 months uk. cheaper than last year our dollar is stronger this year may be it depends on the rate of exchange cheers Annabel

Bee~fuddled.

Bee~fuddled. Report 25 Apr 2007 13:07

Nudged so I can find this when my subs run out.

Irene

Irene Report 25 Apr 2007 16:19

Well done those of you that saved some money. Good luck Irene

SRW

SRW Report 25 Apr 2007 19:46

nudged for when I renew.

Angus

Angus Report 27 Apr 2007 09:55

Thanks for the info. Joined Lost Cousin and followed your instructions. I was already a free member with Ancestry. Initially it asked me for full subscription of £79.?? I came off site and then went back through link from lost cousins and joined for £55.97 Angus

juma

juma Report 27 Apr 2007 17:00

nudge for others to see.

Susie k

Susie k Report 30 Apr 2007 16:27

bump