Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 census please.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samantha

Samantha Report 23 Mar 2007 20:35

i am looking for Elizabeth Dee on the the 1871 census. she was born 1867 in the sub district of Somers Town, Middlesex. Her father was John Dee and her mother was Sarah. John was a coal porter. can anyone help? cheers Sam

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Mar 2007 20:40

Have you found the family in 1881? If so, please post full details of birth years and birthplaces for the parents Reg

Samantha

Samantha Report 23 Mar 2007 20:47

i have looked on family search, but cant find them.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 23 Mar 2007 20:48

I'm having no luck at all finding her. Tried all my tricks, first name only with parent's names, last name only with parent's names Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Mar 2007 20:50

Where did you learn the names of her parents? And her birth year and place? Do you have documents with these details? Reg

Samantha

Samantha Report 23 Mar 2007 20:55

yes, I have her birth certificate.

Samantha

Samantha Report 23 Mar 2007 21:23

i have found Elizabeth on the 1901 census with her husband Edward Tagg, and it states that she was bone in Marylebone. Does this make a difference. Can anyone find her on the 91 census?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Mar 2007 21:29

In which qtr of 1867 was the birth registered? Reg

Samantha

Samantha Report 23 Mar 2007 21:34

her birth was 12 February 1867, 37 Stanmore Street

Samantha

Samantha Report 5 Apr 2007 18:25

I am still struggling on this one if anyone can help. Cheers Sam

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Apr 2007 19:06

Have been looking and just can't see anyhting ..... of coruse there are lots of John Dees!!!! If only we knew where he was born, that could solve something. I also wondered if Sarah could have died before the 1871 census, so we 're all looking for a couple that no longer existed. - - - - - as a bit of a side issue, which of these two is your Elizabeth?? Surname First name(s) District Vol Page -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Births Mar 1867 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dee Elizabeth Pancras 1b 114 Dee Elizabeth Margaret St. Saviour 1d 8 If the second one, could she be using her second name?? Or could she be known as Betty, or another 'pet' name? Sylvia (in Canada)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 5 Apr 2007 19:11

Not yet found a marriage for Elizabeth Dee and Edward Tagg. Can not find a couple on the 1901 census apart from one but the ages are so wrong. Can you post the 1901 details please. Maureen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 5 Apr 2007 19:23

1881 just posting this one while I have a think about it Name: John Dee Cao Age: 14 Estimated birth year: abt 1867 Relation: Son Mother's name: Sara Gender: Male Where born: London, London, Middlesex, England Civil parish: Kensington County/Island: London Country: England Street address: 45 Stoneleigh Street Education: Employment status: View image Occupation: Erand Boy Registration district: Kensington Sub-registration district: Kensington Town ED, institution, or vessel: 31c Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Henry Dee Cao 27 John Dee Cao 14 May Dee Cao 23 Sara Dee Cao 53 Maureen Umm !!! No idea what the real surname is on the image. Strange that the children are not listed on image in age order Sara is listed as widow

Samantha

Samantha Report 5 Apr 2007 20:51

the first one is my elizabeth. I have elizabeth and edwards marriage certificate. they married on 31st July 1887 in Barnet. It does say that John Dee was dead at this time.

Samantha

Samantha Report 5 Apr 2007 21:07

sorry people, i though i had found them on the 1901 census but i haven't. this is proving to be a problem.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 5 Apr 2007 21:16

Glad you said that Samantha !!! I would have thought that law of averages you would find someone on one out of four census. No luck whatsoever on this one Maureen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 5 Apr 2007 21:20

Can you post the info from marriage cert for Edward such as his age and occupation. Maureen

Samantha

Samantha Report 5 Apr 2007 21:21

i think i might take a trip to family records office in a couple of weeks, and take all my certificates, see if anyone there can help!!!!! Edward and Elizabeth Tagg had a daughter( my great grandma) Edith Tagg in 1901 St Pancras so they must be some where on the 1901 census.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 5 Apr 2007 21:24

1891 just posting this but need a look at image Name: Elizabeth Dagg Age: 24 Estimated birth year: abt 1867 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: Edward Gender: Female Where born: St Pancras, London, England Civil parish: Islington Ecclesiastical parish: All Saints Town: London City County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Islington Sub-registration district: Islington South West ED, institution, or vessel: 23 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Edward Dagg 26 Edward H Dagg 2 Elizabeth Dagg 24 Emily E Dagg 4/12 UPDATED Think I need a second opinion on this one as could be Tagg Maureen

Ajwyorks

Ajwyorks Report 5 Apr 2007 21:34

Looking at the way he writes 'D' for Devon and 'T' for Thomas on that page I would say more likely Tagg than Dagg