Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone Bored?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 28 Dec 2006 11:51

a side issue on someone elses tree that i'd like to prove or disprove

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 28 Dec 2006 11:54

Thomas James TRIPP (aka) Francis William TRIPP) b. 18 March 1883 Pancras were there two men , or did one change his name, if so when and why? I know virtually nothing more about him, so if you feel like having a forrage around, feel free. One or the other of them fathered a son John in 1909, who's mother proports to be ANNIE nee ROBBINS born 1880ish

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 28 Dec 2006 11:58

Jess, on the First and second quarter 1883 their are no Francis William Tripp registered birth, only Thomas James Tripp Roy

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 28 Dec 2006 11:59

Thomas James birth, Name: Thomas James Tripp Year of Registration: 1883 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Pancras (1837-1901) County: London, Middlesex Volume: 1b Page: 146

Marie

Marie Report 28 Dec 2006 12:00

1891 England Census about Thomas J Tripp Name: Thomas J Tripp Age: 8 Estimated birth year: abt 1883 Relation: Grandson Gender: Male Where born: St Pancras, Middlesex, England Civil parish: Tottenham Ecclesiastical parish: Wood Green St Michael County/Island: Middlesex Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Edmonton Sub-registration district: Tottenham ED, institution, or vessel: 39 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Elizabeth Tripp 63 James H Tripp 53 Thomas J Tripp 8

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 28 Dec 2006 12:02

their are no Francis William Tripp born abt1883 in that area on the 1891 census Roy

imp

imp Report 28 Dec 2006 12:07

Hi Jess have you checked out the actual image for this marriage is says Thomas J in writing at the bottom of the page. Millicent Maude Cheshire 1906 Jan-Feb-Mar St Giles London, Middlesex Douglas Cassan Harvey 1906 Jan-Feb-Mar St Giles London, Middlesex Annie Mabel Robbins 1906 Jan-Feb-Mar St Giles London, Middlesex Francis William Tripp 1906 Jan-Feb-Mar St Giles London, Middlesex Something funny on the actual image. An AKA looks like to me. Gail. References - Francis William Tripp, St Giles, 1b 622 Thomas J Tripp, St Giles, 1b 622A

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 28 Dec 2006 12:14

looks like a mistake on the marriage register? their is a mark at the side of Francis William Tripp, and the reference at the bottom of the page is the same page number but with a ( A ) added to the page number. Roy

Marmite

Marmite Report 28 Dec 2006 12:37

If it helps here is the full text on the marriage cert of Francis Willima Tripp 27/01/1906 to Annie mabel Robbins. Its only waht I can read on the side it says here goes- 'In entry no 141 col 2for francis william tripp read thomas james tripp otherwise francis william tripp col 3 for 27 read 22 col 7 for francis william tread thomas james and in col 8 for of independent means read carpenter corrected on the 6th november 1931 by me p.h willmot in the presence of f,wtripp and a.m tripp the parties marrieed statutory declarations as to the facts having been made by valaria tripp. james henry tripp and annie mabel tripp' what the hell are they on about? why all this put onto their marriage cert in 1931 when they married in 1906 it makes no sense!!

imp

imp Report 28 Dec 2006 12:46

Is it possible that when they needed a copy of the certificate for some reason, (Passport Application?) they realised his name was incorrect and had to go through the process of getting it corrected. Has the wrong man been entered on the certificate - ie two grooms swopped over. (This is a piece of leglistation that us woman have been campaigning for, for years - a possibility of a swop if one turns out unsatisfactory...........) Gail

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 28 Dec 2006 12:46

I think that it meens that Francis William Tripp is actualy Thomas James Tripp and the entry is a mistake, once a entry is made they cannot change the original, so they have added the entry at the bottom of the page, and on any duplicate/copies it will have the explanation. Roy

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 28 Dec 2006 13:14

Gail LOL :))))))) Chris

Marmite

Marmite Report 28 Dec 2006 13:25

Maybe you are right it was an error and the fathers name was pdown ut and not the sons name in registrration error. Yes it would also be nice also if the husband could swap the bride for the mother-in-law if she did not hold up to the job :-) ........mind you when I see my mother law (god belss her) I see big whale so maybe not :-)

imp

imp Report 28 Dec 2006 13:30

Careful Justin You are skating on very thin ice........hope your mother in law doesn't read the genealogy threads. LOL Gail.

Marmite

Marmite Report 28 Dec 2006 13:46

I love my mother-in-law and was of course only joking!. I like your idea and thought for equality it should apply to the man and the woman. It's only fair :-) mind you, your explanation for the reason copuld be 100% true. Jess is a big help to me on this site. I must admit I do undertand all I am told and its hard for me to connect who to who when given for example another name as it was a 2nd marriage. I am most interested (as you will read on all the threads) is anything on Hilda and my grandfather (John Francis Tripp) but as I have been told, its hard to find anything on people born after 1901. I am also very interested in the Tripps as I think they were a bit of a mystery to me on the tree. I have sent of for a cert on Hilda Mabel Tripp, but as yet have no proof of her life, marriage or death. I have been told she died when my uncle was 16 and he was born in 1935 and he is on the tree on this site. We do not know what happened to her. I also do not know what happened to my late fathers brother Derek Ernest Morley. My father was Ronald George Morley RIP 1974. It would be great to make contact with living relatives form anyone on the tree.

imp

imp Report 28 Dec 2006 14:14

Hi Justin Have found this death, could possibly be Hilda. Hilda M H Tripp, aged 67, Q2, 1949, Bucklow Registration District, 10a 128. Hope this helps. Gail.

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 28 Dec 2006 15:53

so they are one and the same - okay thanks-

Marmite

Marmite Report 28 Dec 2006 16:00

Is it true? about Hilda. Do you have the full information so that I can try and order a certificate? where and how did you find that? my uncle said she died when he was around 16 and he was born in 1935 he would then have been 14 not 16 as he siad. I have been told that Hilda married a William Hussey, 1930 and had son Michael J Hussey 1932, 14th Dec he died in 1990??? your death dates look sensible!!! all to be confirmed as true? do you agree? Hilda is a hard lady to pin down and track down. Do you have her full info on death and/or other facts? I have been told she was born reg year 1906, Q Oct-Nov-Dec district Marylebone, Vol 1a, page 490. Justin

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 28 Dec 2006 16:07

the age is 'slightly' out if that is Hilda. The reference from Gail shows that that Hilda died aged 67 in 1949. If your Hilda was born 1906 then she would only be 43. I have searched through 1949 - 1951 and cant see a death for a Hilda Hussey. Are we sure she married a Hussey? Mhairi

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 28 Dec 2006 16:10

Hi Justin, if Hilda married, she would be registered under her married name at death, not her maiden name (assuming she was stil married at time of death), so looks like the death Gail found would more than likely NOT be correct.