Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

search for marriages

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynn

Lynn Report 9 Dec 2006 15:39

Hello, I am looking for the marriages of 3 sisters who were all born in Salford. have checked free bmd and lancashire bmd. can you help? Lynn X Sarah Ann Snaith born 1898, Rosetta Josephine Veronica Snaith b 1900, Ada Lillian Snaith born 1903

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Dec 2006 15:42

its a trawl thro Ancestry mariages for each one. a starting date for each would help you.

imp

imp Report 9 Dec 2006 16:07

Q4 1923 Rosetta J V Snaith (James P Higham) Salford Reg District, 8d 47. Q4 1929 Sarah A Snaith (James McDonald) Salford Reg District, 8d 698 Gail.

Lynn

Lynn Report 9 Dec 2006 16:43

Hi Gail, I'm over the moon as it looks like this must be them. how did you find it pleadse (incase I missed something obvious ) Many thanks Love Lynn XXX

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 9 Dec 2006 16:47

Could you be mistaken about Ada Lilians birth? Name: Ada Lilian Snaith Year of Registration: 1898 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun DISTRICT: Salford County: Greater Manchester, Lancashire Volume: 8d Page: 152 Oh I see you have transposed the dates! Name: Sarah Ann Snaith Year of Registration: 1903 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar DISTRICT: Salford County: Greater Manchester, Lancashire Volume: 8d Page: 185

imp

imp Report 9 Dec 2006 16:48

Sarah Ann Snaith is born 1903, so possibly mixed up the dates of birth. Gail

Lynn

Lynn Report 9 Dec 2006 16:51

Yes you are right I went bonkers --- Ada Lilian was born in March 1898 I have her birth cert here and so you have the right match, sorry.

imp

imp Report 9 Dec 2006 16:53

Hi Lynne I have just trawled the BMD images online on Ancestry, you can I believe sign up and access these for free. (The 4th quarter of 1925 is missing - so if Ada Lillian got married then I would not find her) Just having another look. Regards Gail

Lynn

Lynn Report 9 Dec 2006 16:55

can anyone find ada lilian's marriage? All i know is that she had an illegitimate child - i believe called Albert who was brought up as her brother and later died in ww1 in the navy at about 18 years. Don't know if she married update: correction ww2

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 9 Dec 2006 16:58

Lynn your dates dont add up unless you mean WW2, if he died in WW1, ADA would have been 2 when he was born lol

Lynn

Lynn Report 9 Dec 2006 17:00

you are right Keith- brain must be malfunctioning tonight.

Lynn

Lynn Report 9 Dec 2006 17:19

Hi Gail, if the 4th quarter of 1925 is missing - and if Ada Lillian got married then - will I never be able to find her? Lynn

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 9 Dec 2006 17:20

Have you seen this birth? May be nothing to do with your lot though. Q1 1924 Snaith - Sheila H, mmn Snaith, Salford 8d 158 or 138 image not clear

imp

imp Report 9 Dec 2006 17:25

Hi Lynn That quarter is missing on Ancestry, but it may be visible on findmypast or one of the other genealogy sites. You can also see the BMD images on Microfiche in some record offices/Librarys - if need be I can go to Lincoln Archives and check that quarter next time I go - if it becomes necessary. So the answer is there are other ways........... Gail. x

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 9 Dec 2006 17:33

Could this be Alberts death from the CWGC site 1 SNAITH, ALBERT SIDNEY Able Seaman C/JX 176491 27/04/1941 21 Royal Navy United Kingdom 43, 3. CHATHAM NAVAL MEMORIAL

Lynn

Lynn Report 9 Dec 2006 17:33

I see, Okay, Will try the other ways. thanks anyway. LOL Lynn X

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 9 Dec 2006 17:36

And Alberts birth Q1 1920 Snaith, Albert S, mmn Snaith, Salford, 8d 225

Marie

Marie Report 9 Dec 2006 17:37

ada snaith is not on 4th Q in 1925 this one is thought Gertrude Snaith 1925 Q 4 Salford

Lynn

Lynn Report 9 Dec 2006 17:38

intersting about albert will look at the site. Hazy info from elderly relative about the ship being sunk. do you think it will be poss to get hold of the records? will see if i can find his birth this is so exciting! Lynn XX

Lynn

Lynn Report 9 Dec 2006 17:39

oh crumbs. Thanks you have found his birth so quickly. Lynn X I will send of for this! LOL Lynn ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Defo name called Ada Lilian as have her birth cert. No idea if there is a link to a gertrude...