Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help with a 1901 search please

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jamie

Jamie Report 11 Oct 2006 20:50

i am looking for a percy g williams born abt 1899 in bristol, he should still be in bristol on the 1901 census, if someone can find him and list all other housemembers and their details i would be very grateful thanks jamie

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 11 Oct 2006 20:56

sorry can't seem to see him Jeanette

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 11 Oct 2006 20:56

Discover Your Family StoryWelcome, lorrainederry1 Log OutUpgradeMy AccountHelp Home My Ancestry Search Charts and Forms Family Trees Ancestry Community Learning Center Store You searched for Percy Williams All 1901 England Census Results You have saved this record to My Ancestry (Shoebox). You have saved this record to My Ancestry (People I'm Looking For). This record has been added to your shoebox. 1901 England Census Record about Percy J Williams Name: Percy J Williams Age: 2 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1899 Relation: Son Father's name: Daniel Mother's name: Eliza A Gender: Male Where born: Bristol Civil Parish: Bristol Ecclesiastical parish: Bishopston St Michael and All Angels Town: Bristol County/Island: Gloucestershire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View Image Registration district: Bristol Sub-registration district: Ashley ED, institution, or vessel: 6 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 308 Household Members: Name Age Daniel Williams 40 Eliza A Williams 39 Florence C Williams 9 Frederick D Williams 17 George A Williams 5 Percy J Williams 2 Ralph H Williams 15 Sidney S Williams 12 View Original Record View Original Image Vi

Jamie

Jamie Report 11 Oct 2006 21:03

i googled 1901 census and entered percy williams, it gave me a list and i found a percy g williams 2 years of age born bristol still living in bristol. i dont have a subscription or credits to view other family members can anyone help please on percys marriage cert it says his father was william williams and that percy was 22 years old in 1921.

Jamie

Jamie Report 11 Oct 2006 21:10

can anyone help please

Christine

Christine Report 11 Oct 2006 21:10

This one is just Percy 1901 Name: Percey Williams Age: 2 Birth Year: abt 1899 Father's name: William Mother's name: Thirza Where born: Bristol Civil Parish: Bristol Ecclesiastical parish: St Luke County: Gloucestershire Registration district: Bristol Sub-registration district: St Philip and St Jacob Household Members: all born Bristol Percey Williams 2 Thirza Williams 25 Thomas Williams 4 Violet Williams 6 William Williams 33 railway foreman (can't decipher next word) William Williams 2 months Address 16 Salisbury Street

Jamie

Jamie Report 11 Oct 2006 21:15

christine thats the correct one as on percys marriage cert fathers occupation was a railway foreman shunter could you find william williams born abt 1868 in bristol on the 1871 and 1881 census please thanks very much regards jamie

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 11 Oct 2006 21:21

1901 Percey Williams abt 1899 Bristol Son Bristol Gloucestershire View Record Thirza Williams abt 1876 Bristol Wife Bristol Gloucestershire View Record Thomas Williams abt 1897 Bristol Son Bristol Gloucestershire View Record Violet Williams abt 1895 Bristol Daughter Bristol Gloucestershire View Record William Williams T abt 1868 Bristol Head Bristol Gloucestershire View Record William Williams abt 1901 Bristol Son Bristol Gloucestershire

Jamie

Jamie Report 11 Oct 2006 21:25

hi lesley good to hear from you, i lost your email address any chance of sending it to me again, hope you are well, christine did well finding that one, hope she can find william williams on earlier cenuss jamie

Jamie

Jamie Report 11 Oct 2006 21:38

tried going on to the family search website to check the 1881 census but cant open it up keeps saying cannot find server can you help jamie

Christine

Christine Report 11 Oct 2006 21:48

Sorry for delay - rushing up and down the stairs trying to keep up with Welsh football - so far so good! As Ozi says, there are a few options in 1881 and 1871. I think your next course of action is to find William's marriage - might need a birth cert of one of children to find Thirza's maiden name. I've had a look for the marriage, but nothing showing on free part. Ok, so I was looking in Bristol. You can tell, I'm a bit rusty now!

Jamie

Jamie Report 11 Oct 2006 21:52

lesley found the marriage index for william and thirza after you did, see i keep telling you your good fancy a welsh search again after this one ha ha jamie

Christine

Christine Report 11 Oct 2006 21:55

1871 - possible? Name: William Williams Age: 3 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1868 Relation: Nephew Where born: Bristol Civil Parish: St Philip and St Jacob Ecclesiastical parish: St Silas County: Gloucestershire Registration district: Clifton Sub-registration district: St Philip Household Members: Sarah Lawrence 42 tailoress, born Fitzhead, Somerset Thomas Lawrence 62 labourer, born Radford, Glos William Williams 3

Jamie

Jamie Report 11 Oct 2006 22:06

christine and lesley i have managed to get on the 1881 census i believe i may have found him being a railway shunter foreman i believe he would have had to a specialized school. on the 1881 census i have found a william williams born bristol in 1867who is a scholar at the catholic industrial school in church street cannington, somerset, does this help in finding him on other censuss jamie

Christine

Christine Report 11 Oct 2006 22:17

I've tried looking at census images for 1891 both in England and Wales, but can't see him as a railway worker. Maybe Lesley will have more luck!

Christine

Christine Report 11 Oct 2006 22:20

Told you Lesley would find it! Well done!

Jamie

Jamie Report 11 Oct 2006 22:25

well done lesley, knew you could find him now then, 1871 what do you reckon thanks jamie

Jamie

Jamie Report 11 Oct 2006 22:31

christine i know its a strange question but do you have the colin/couling surname in your tree jamie

Christine

Christine Report 11 Oct 2006 22:35

No Jamie, those names do not appear in my tree. Sorry.

Christine

Christine Report 11 Oct 2006 22:37

I still think your best bet now is to order his marriage cert - his father's name should be on that, which would help in 1871 search.