Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Foard Family

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephen

Stephen Report 10 Aug 2006 08:49

just many thanks to the people who helped me with this thank you all so much

Elaine

Elaine Report 10 Aug 2006 08:52

Stephen, If you are trying to work backwards then the advice remains the same as to that given to you yesterday - buy some certificates!! You have the birth registration for Olive - her birth certificate will show parents full names - you can then search for their marriage certificate which will show both parent´s names. Once you get back to 1901 it does get easier as you can search the census returns.

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 10 Aug 2006 08:53

No! You know more than that! where did they live?,(if even only N S E or W) **Ok Elaine, message recived and understood! thanks

Stephen

Stephen Report 10 Aug 2006 08:58

ok sorry though if i had more info might help to find them on here

Elaine

Elaine Report 10 Aug 2006 09:04

This could be the birth registration for Ella Births Jun 1882 Hall Ella Alfreda E D Dartford 2a 468

Elaine

Elaine Report 10 Aug 2006 09:06

Stephen - my apologies - I didn´t read your request properly and realise you now have details of the mother! And apologies to Jess as she would have helped you as well! Sorry! If you are sure of her name - and with a name like that I presume your are !! - then this looks like her marriage Marriages Dec 1910 Foard Bertram Camberwell 1d 1626 Hall Ella A E D Camberwell 1d 1626

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 10 Aug 2006 09:08

This MIGHT BE her with her widowed mother - you'll only know this for sure by purchasing the required certificates: 1901 England Census Record about Ella Hall Name: Ella Hall Age: 18 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1883 Relation: Daughter Mother's name: Emily Gender: Female Where born: Dartford, Kent, England Civil parish: Camberwell Ecclesiastical parish: St Clement County/Island: London Country: England Registration district: Camberwell Sub-registration district: Camberwell ED, institution, or vessel: 47 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 39 Household Members: Name Age Ella Hall 18 Emily Hall 55 ( born: Bermondsey, London, England) Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 501; Folio: 120; Page: 11.

Elaine

Elaine Report 10 Aug 2006 09:08

This is the only Bertram Foard I can see in 1901 - and the area matches up Ada Foard abt 1882 Peckham, London, England Daughter Camberwell London Bertram Foard abt 1885 Peckham, London, England Son Camberwell London James Foard abt 1878 Peckham, London, England Son Camberwell London Jane Foard abt 1851 Essex, England Head Camberwell London Robert Foard abt 1891 Peckham, London, England Son Camberwell London Rosie Foard Jane abt 1893 Peckham, London, England Daughter Camberwell London William Foard Jane abt 1875 Camberwell, London, England Son Camberwell London address 68 East Surrey Grove Jane (head) widow

Elaine

Elaine Report 10 Aug 2006 09:10

Bertrams birth Births Sep 1885 Foard Bertram Camberwell 1d 845

Stephen

Stephen Report 10 Aug 2006 09:11

thats ok elaine thank you for your help i am new to this so i am not trying to upset anyone just find out info and from the sounds of it this find your family tree thing is going to cost a lot to do lol but it should be worth it

Elaine

Elaine Report 10 Aug 2006 09:13

No need to apologise Stephen - my fault - I jumped in without reading your request properly!!

Stephen

Stephen Report 10 Aug 2006 09:16

ok elaine and again thank you for your help and every body else i am most gratefull for your time on this hunt for me

Marie

Marie Report 10 Aug 2006 09:18

found these 2 births No Surname Forename1 Forename2 Forename3 Mothers maiden name District Page No Event Quarter Year View Image 1 Foard Kenneth Hall Lewisham.1d 2317 Birth 2 1920 2 Foard Sidney A Hall Camberwell.1d 1551 Birth 4 1913

Elaine

Elaine Report 10 Aug 2006 09:20

You do of course need to make sure that we are working along the right lines - and really the only way to do that is to buy some certificates. If I was in your position I would purchase the marriage certificate of Bertram and Ella - this will confirm Bertram´s father´s name and occupation so you will know if the 1901 census is the right one. Although it is the only Bertram FOARD I can see, there is also a census reference for a Bertram Ford born in 1884 in Greenwich - you need to be sure you are working along the right line. I would also suggest you purchase Ella´s birth certificate, which will show both parents names. This will help to trace them in the census and also help to find their marriage. Do you have access to Ancestry - if not I would highly recommend it. You will need it to do census lookups. Although people on the board are quite happy to do them for you, believe me its not so much fun as finding the information for yourself. There are also quite a few tips for newbies on the Tips Board - have a read through them - am sure there will be something there to help you. And of course - don´t hesitate to come on here with any requests you have - and I´ll promise to read your request properly next time!!!

Stephen

Stephen Report 10 Aug 2006 09:21

ok thank you marie for your time and help

Elaine

Elaine Report 10 Aug 2006 09:22

Forgot to say - in case you don´t know - certificates can be purcased from http://www.gro(.)gov(.)uk/gro/content/ The cost is 7 pounds per certificate. Don´t forget to tick the box which says you have the GRO reference otherwise you will be charged 11 pounds.

Marie

Marie Report 10 Aug 2006 09:23

Gladys E Foard (mmn Hall) 1922 Q4 - Lewisham 1d 1609

Marie

Marie Report 10 Aug 2006 09:26

Joan M Foard (mmn Hall) 1927 Q1 - Lewisham 1d 1377

Stephen

Stephen Report 10 Aug 2006 09:27

ok elaine i will buy some certificates and i will have a look at the tips board

Stephen

Stephen Report 10 Aug 2006 09:28

oh marie gladys and joan ring a bell sounds like them thank you