Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is it possible----------UPDATED

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 6 Jul 2006 17:38

to find my Great Grandfathers birth entry even though I know his name was spelt wrong?? I've been told that his daughter (my Nan) had to go back to the parish he was born in to obtain his birth certificate, after he died. As I live to far away from home to do this, I was hoping to find it on line under the wrong spelling................will I? I have found out some more facts about James, he had 5 sisters, Martha,Lydia ( who died in Kane Hill ),Mariah,Jane,Ethel,and 2 Brothers, Tom and Jack, DARKSECRETZ; I think you might have found the right birth entry for me as Jack was the youngest of the Family, so I will follow up on that link :) . I now know his mothers name is MARTHA!!! I don't know in what order the children come in, but I think I have enough to go on!! :)

Maid Marian of

Maid Marian of Report 6 Jul 2006 18:09

give surname and year of birth and I will have a look for you

Julie

Julie Report 6 Jul 2006 18:15

His name is James Hewitson he was born in 1904.........but his name was mispelt as HEWETSON on the birth entry.

Maid Marian of

Maid Marian of Report 6 Jul 2006 18:46

In what area and did he have any other christian names?

Julie

Julie Report 7 Jul 2006 13:50

He was from London SE1, That is his full name.

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 14:13

hiya Julie, did you get any certs then???? i know you said it looks like Jack that I found, have nudged up old thread to refresh peeps interested, just wondered if you had any new info???? Hope baby ok, and not creating too much havoc LOL Julie

Julie

Julie Report 7 Jul 2006 14:51

Hiya Dark, no I didn't get the certs yet, my Mum phone 1 of my Nan's sisters and she gave us that infomation! I never gave it a thought to nudge the old message!! I will get Jacks birth cert and I will let you know the details on it :) Baby is fine into everything!!

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 14:55

hiya julie wonderful!!!! dont you love it at that age???? number 3 due in about 6 wks, so know how it is LOL keep me posted!! Julie

Julie

Julie Report 7 Jul 2006 15:22

Good luck for number 3!! She is my second and keeps me on my toes!! I will let you know if my Mum gets anymore info off of her Auntie or what the cert says :)

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 16:01

Julie, now you have addtional info, have yoiu ahd a look to see if you can find them on cens?? just for clarification, it is charles and martha?? the parents?? Julie

Julie

Julie Report 7 Jul 2006 16:12

Hiya Julie, yes Charles and Martha are the parents............I have started to look on the census to see if I could find his siblings, as I don't know the ages I'm looking for all of them at the same time. I thought 10 years before James was born might be a good idea? :) Julie. I will check back later as little one is now up and trying to play with the puter!! Julie :)

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 16:20

I think i found them!!! 1901 >> Charles Hewetson abt 1859 Bermondsey, London, England Head Southwark St George the Martyr London View Record Charles Hewetson abt 1893 Bermondsey, London, England Son Southwark St George the Martyr London View Record Jane Agnes Hewetson abt 1900 Bermondsey, London, England Daughter Southwark St George the Martyr London View Record Lydia Hewetson abt 1895 Bermondsey, London, England Daughter Southwark St George the Martyr London View Record Maria E Hewetson abt 1889 Bermondsey, London, England Daughter Southwark St George the Martyr London >>> Martha Eliza Hewetson abt 1866 New Zealand Wife Southwark St George the Martyr London View Record Martha Eliza Hewetson abt 1886 Bermondsey, London, England Daughter Southwark St George the Martyr London View Record Sarah Hewetson abt 1891 Bermondsey, London, England Daughter Southwark St George the Martyr London Waddya think?? Julie addy is 15, trinity buildings.

Zoe

Zoe Report 7 Jul 2006 16:25

apologies for buttingn in on thread but I'm bored at work 1891 census for family found in 1901 Bermondsey london Charles Hewetson abt 1856 Head - general Labourer (birthplace down as Not Known) Maria Hewetson abt 1888 Bermondsey, London, England Daughter Martha Hewetson abt 1883 Bermondsey, London, England Daughter Martha E Hewetson abt 1866 New Zealand Wife Bermondsey London - Book Folder first entry on next page is: Sarah Hewetson daughter aged 15 born Bermondsey but as this makes her last entry for the family I'd imagine it should be 15 months or 15 weeks

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 16:29

hiya Zoe, is ok, had just found the 1891, and was in process of looking for marriage, would think it would be in bermondsey, as where first child born, perhaps? Julie

Zoe

Zoe Report 7 Jul 2006 16:30

1881 census (only martha of right age from New Zealand) Martha E. Goldith abt 1866 New Zealand Servant Southwark St George Martyr London Charles W. Strong abt 1857 Lambeth, Surrey, England Head Southwark St George Martyr London Francis C. Strong abt 1880 Bermondsey Son Southwark St George Martyr London Phoebe H. Strong abt 1855 Bermondsey Wife Southwark St George Martyr London

Zoe

Zoe Report 7 Jul 2006 16:34

Julie Which yea you starting lokking from cos I'll start other end and meet you in the middle bride may be named Goldith for cross referencing Z

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 16:38

hiya Zoe, well, i just checked freebmd initally, but that is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, so was gonna see if i could find the first daughters birth ref, shouldnt be that hard?? surely? Julie LOL

Zoe

Zoe Report 7 Jul 2006 16:39

okey - well I'm starting at 1881 looking for a marriage then Z

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 16:41

maybe this?? daughter i should add, likewise for marriage below Name: Martha Eliza Hewetson Year of Registration: 1884 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec District: St Olave Southwark County: London, Surrey Volume: 1d Page: 258 julie just checking now alt spelling

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 7 Jul 2006 16:44

ohhherrr poss marriage!! Name: Martha Eliza Hewitson Year of Registration: 1903 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: St Olave Bermondsey County: London Volume: 1d Page: 279 possible spouse >>>Martha Eliza Hewitson 1903 Jan-Feb-Mar St Olave Bermondsey London View Record Caroline Edith Lee 1903 Jan-Feb-Mar St Olave Bermondsey London >>> Jeremiah McCarthy 1903 Jan-Feb-Mar St Olave Bermondsey London >>>Thomas Henry Mitchell 1903 Jan-Feb-Mar St Olave Bermondsey London Julie