Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have a few days off work. 1841-1901 ancestry looku

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caz

Caz Report 4 Jul 2006 20:24

If you have this person on another census, then please post the details (of family). If not, name, approx year of birth and place of birth.

Caz

Caz Report 4 Jul 2006 20:38

1901 Coleman Solomons abt 1879 Aldgate, London, England Son St Botolph London View Record Coleman Solomons abt 1875 London City Son St Botolph without Aldgate London View Record Coleman Solomons abt 1882 Mile End, London, England Son Whitechapel London Number 1?

*~Lizbeth~*

*~Lizbeth~* Report 4 Jul 2006 20:39

Hi, can you look up a couple of people for me please? They were all together as a family in 1891, but in 1901 the mother Milly Solomons is living without any of them as a widow. First one, Coleman (or 'Colley') Solomons b1891 London. Barnett Solomons b1883 Russ/Pol and Rachel Solomons b1889 London. Just do what you can! Thanks, Liz

*~Lizbeth~*

*~Lizbeth~* Report 4 Jul 2006 20:40

im not sure, the years seem abit out, hmm he was definatley born 1891 since he was only 1m in the census. Maybe he went by a diff name?

Caz

Caz Report 4 Jul 2006 20:41

what about these? Isaac Schwartz abt 1877 Hungary Boarder Spitalfields London View Record Annie Solomons abt 1889 London, England Daughter Spitalfields London View Record Charlie Solomons abt 1891 London, England Son Spitalfields London View Record Jack Solomons abt 1893 London, England Son Spitalfields London View Record Morris Solomons abt 1883 London, England Son Spitalfields London View Record Rebecca Solomons abt 1859 Austria Head Spitalfields London

Caz

Caz Report 4 Jul 2006 20:45

Is this the right Barnett? Ellen Sexton abt 1833 Hackney, London, England Servant Whitechapel London View Record Barnett Solomons abt 1883 Pol Foreign Subjt Boarder Whitechapel London View Record Henry Solomons abt 1885 St George in the East, London, England Son Whitechapel London View Record Isaac Solomons abt 1883 St George in the East, London, England Son Whitechapel London View Record Katie Solomons abt 1880 Pol Foreign Subjt Daughter Whitechapel London View Record Leah Solomons abt 1879 St George in the East, London, England Daughter Whitechapel London View Record Martha Solomons abt 1889 St George in the East, London, England Daughter Whitechapel London View Record Samuel Solomons abt 1850 Pol Russian Subjt Head Whitechapel London

*~Lizbeth~*

*~Lizbeth~* Report 4 Jul 2006 20:46

Yes that looks like it's him, what relation does it say he is to the head of house?

Caz

Caz Report 4 Jul 2006 20:47

Rachel? Amelia Solomons abt 1885 Edgnore Rd, London, England Daughter Mile End Old Town London View Record Benjamin Solomons abt 1858 Kings, London, England Head Mile End Old Town London View Record Esther Solomons abt 1891 Mile End, London, England Daughter Mile End Old Town London View Record Francis Solomons abt 1865 Tottenham Corst Rd, London, England Wife Mile End Old Town London View Record Henry Solomons abt 1886 Edgnore Rd, London, England Son Mile End Old Town London View Record Rachel Solomons abt 1888 Mile End, London, England Daughter Mile End Old Town London View Record Rosy Solomons abt 1899 Mile End, London, England Daughter Mile End Old Town London

Caz

Caz Report 4 Jul 2006 20:50

Boarder

*~Lizbeth~*

*~Lizbeth~* Report 4 Jul 2006 20:52

thanks, it's abit confusing that they're all in diff places! Can also be tough identifying how everyones related. I think Barnett was boarding with his Uncle (Samuel) but you can't really be sure can you?

Caz

Caz Report 4 Jul 2006 20:54

can't find anyone who's a likely for coleman

*~Lizbeth~*

*~Lizbeth~* Report 4 Jul 2006 20:57

OK then thanks for your help anyway ill record all the info and try and work it out!

Caz

Caz Report 5 Jul 2006 08:06

Jane Have pm'd you with a likely lead - think there has been a name change Carole

David & Jan

David & Jan Report 5 Jul 2006 20:14

Hello Carol Thank you for your generous offer. I wonder if it would be possible for you to find John William Lowe Pogmore in the censuses after his marriage (below) to Elizabeth Laxton. It would be interesting to know where he moved to and the children he had. If you have time, any of the censuses 1851,61,71 would be useful to me. He was baptised in Empingham, Rutland in 1825 as William Lowe to a single mum - Frances Pogmore. As far as I know the spelling is as above, but was sometimes Pugmire, or Pugmore. We don't know if John Lowe was his father / mother's husband etc, or if he continued with the name on his marriage certificate. On his son, Charles Pogmore (1868)'s birth certificate he is William Pogmore again. Charles is my great grandfather. marriage: Name: John William Lowe Pogmore Year of Registration: 1848 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec District: Peterborough County: Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire Volume: 15 Page: 757 (click to see others on page) Thank you so much for your help Jan

Caz

Caz Report 5 Jul 2006 22:23

Patricia, David and Jan have just seen your requests. Will check them out tomorrow am for you. Carole

Caz

Caz Report 6 Jul 2006 07:52

Patricia As neither of them are with the remaining family from the 1891 census - it's difficult to identify if any of the William and Henry Martins on the 1901 census are yours. But in any case there are none with the birthplace you mention. They could have course given a slightly different place of birth on the 1901. Could you check the index on Ancestry and tell me if any could be a geographical possibility (there are 23 Williams born in Devon within 2 years of 1877 for example). PM me if you see anything Carole

Caz

Caz Report 6 Jul 2006 08:05

David and Jan As a starting point could you identify this as being Charles on the 1881 - if not can you tell me where he was born Carole Annie Pogmore abt 1857 Norwood, Surrey, England Daughter Penge Surrey View Record Charles Pogmore abt 1869 Norwood, Surrey, England Son Penge Surrey View Record Elizabeth Pogmore abt 1827 Peterboro, Wiltshire, England Head Penge Surrey View Record Mary Pogmore abt 1873 Norwood, Surrey, England Daughter Penge Surrey View Record Thomas Pogmore abt 1862 Norwood, Surrey, England Son Penge Surrey View Record William Pogmore abt 1859 Norwood, Surrey, England Boarder Battersea London

Caz

Caz Report 6 Jul 2006 08:57

Sheila Think this is the family in 1841 (but no sign of john the father) 1841 Ann Swanson abt 1841 Rutland, England Ryhall Rutland George Swanson abt 1833 Rutland, England Ryhall Rutland Harriett Swanson abt 1830 Rutland, England Ryhall Rutland Henry Swanson abt 1836 Rutland, England Ryhall Rutland John Swanson abt 1838 Rutland, England Ryhall Rutland Mary Swanson abt 1801 Rutland, England Ryhall Rutland Could this be Joseph? Charlotte Bland abt 1825 Rutland, England LittleCasterton Rutland John Cave abt 1824 Little Casterton Rutland John Cotterill abt 1831 Rutland, England LittleCastertonRutland Mary Ruston abt 1821 Little Casterton Rutland Donnis Sharman abt 1824 Little Casterton Rutland Josep Swanson abt 1823 Little Casterton Rutland No sign of John (father) Also have you seen this? Rutland: North Luffenham - Parish Register, 1572-1812 Calendar of Wills Proved and of Administrations Granted in the Commissary Court of the Peculiar and Exempt Jurisdiction of Groby, 1580-1800. Vol. 2. 1819 County: Rutland Country: England 27 Jul 1819 John Swainson of Blatherwycke & Mary Wells S & S Will continue on to the 1861 later as this is going to take some time (no problem though) Carole UPDATE 1861 Can't find either John Sr or wife Mary on the 1861

Caz

Caz Report 6 Jul 2006 09:09

Barry Am having difficulty following your request. Where was Joseph born? Also can you post the census information you have I need some starting points to be able to follow the census Carole

Patricia

Patricia Report 6 Jul 2006 09:12

Hello Carol, Thank you for your kind offer, I wonder if you could look at 1841 for me and find a Mary HITCHOCK b.1833c in Launton, Oxfordshire. also any HARTSHORN people in the same place in 1841. Many thanks. Pat,