Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please put me out of my misery and check this reco

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Make mine a

Make mine a Report 27 May 2006 21:18

see below, thanks

Make mine a

Make mine a Report 27 May 2006 21:23

Have found family on 1901 census. Took forever as it has been entered as Grey but it is Guy. Anyway, youngest child is listed as Dorothy age 4 months. Searched freebmd and ancestry and can't find a Dororthy! Have looked at image and it looks like Grotty to me, they wouldn't call their child that, surely. Please could someone look at the image and give me their opinion. The only births I have found that seem to fit are Winifred Ada Louisa Ref is RG13,piece 481,folio 14,page 19,schedule no 132 Which one do I go for? Thanks in advance Laura

*Starsailor *

*Starsailor * Report 27 May 2006 21:26

What part of the country am I looking?

Make mine a

Make mine a Report 27 May 2006 21:27

Sorry forgot that, Wandsworth district x

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 27 May 2006 21:28

loks like dororthy to me. Big black ennumerators mark over the 'D ' but otherwise it isnt bad

*Starsailor *

*Starsailor * Report 27 May 2006 21:29

Yes Grotty or Snotty!

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 May 2006 21:30

hiya, i take it this is them??? >> Dorothy Grey abt 1900 Wandsworth, London, England Daughter Wandsworth London View Record Edward Grey abt 1896 Wandsworth, London, England Son Wandsworth London View Record Ellen Grey abt 1863 Dovercourt, Essex, England Wife Wandsworth London View Record Emma E Grey abt 1888 Dovercourt, Essex, England Daughter Wandsworth London View Record James Grey abt 1856 Lynn, Norfolk, England Head Wandsworth London View Record Lillian Grey abt 1897 Wandsworth, London, England Son Wandsworth London View Record Mary Grey abt 1894 Wandsworth, London, England Daughter Wandsworth London View Record Nelly Grey abt 1892 Wandsworth, London, England Daughter Wandsworth London View Record Thomas Grey abt 1900 Wandsworth, London, England Son Wandsworth London image definately says dorothy julie

Georgina

Georgina Report 27 May 2006 21:33

These are the only wandsworth birth's on free BMD... Births Mar 1901 Guy Louisa Wandsworth 1d 766 Births Dec 1900 Guy Winifred Ada Wandsworth 1d 525 Georgina.

Make mine a

Make mine a Report 27 May 2006 21:34

Hi Julie Yes that's the one. She is the only one left of the children I need to pin down. If it definately is Dororthy, where is her birth listing? Her brother born a year earlier was born at martins buildings and as they are still there on the census, i think she was probably born in wandsworth as well. I still like Grotty or Snotty.

Germaine

Germaine Report 27 May 2006 21:35

hi I looked like you it does look like Grotty!!!. But I did find this birth Dorothy Eleanor V Guy 1899 Oct-Nov-Dec Wandsworth London, Surrey Germaine x whoops sorry too early

*Starsailor *

*Starsailor * Report 27 May 2006 21:38

Snotty/Grotty Guy would be a great name! lol sara

Make mine a

Make mine a Report 27 May 2006 21:40

I thought that, but somehow I just don't think it happened. Maybe she has got some run of the mill name, but her nickname was Grotty Guy. Two of the siblings are listed with their nicknames, it took me a while to trace those as well but they were no where near as obsure as Grotty. Mind you if they did give them unusual names it would be easier to find them, my family all seem to be called ellen, john, james, george, ethel, etc etc

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 May 2006 21:44

hiya, right then, this will be about right, she was 4 months in 1901 cen, (taken march) which makes her birth year 1899 dec quart Name: Dorothy Eleanor V Guy Year of Registration: 1899 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec District: Wandsworth County: London, Surrey Volume: 1d Page: 758 any money this is her julie

Germaine

Germaine Report 27 May 2006 21:47

that is the one I found Julie but like me you got mixed up if she is 4 month on the 1901 census she would be born late 1900. Unles they have got her age wrong Germaine x

*Starsailor *

*Starsailor * Report 27 May 2006 21:47

what happened to year 1900?

Make mine a

Make mine a Report 27 May 2006 21:49

Hi Julie Don't want to shoot you down in flames but already found that. That is on the same qtr listing at her brother Thomas b 9/10/1899. It's just too early, and I think that Dorothy is a twin. Am resigned to either Winifred Ada or Louisa, am I missing some obvious nick name of those two that could sound like Dorothy????

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 May 2006 21:50

i hate to put a damper on things, but have you a birth cert for thomas????? Name: Thomas Guy Year of Registration: 1899 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec District: Wandsworth County: London, Surrey Volume: 1d Page: 715 wrong page to be classed as twins though julie

Make mine a

Make mine a Report 27 May 2006 21:52

Hi Yes that is Thomas' birth index. I have his cert. I seem to remember that Dorothy Eleanor is listed in the same qtr and she is a twin with an other girl i think from memory. Nothing to d with me at all.

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 May 2006 21:53

DUH!!!!!! eyes getting scrambled now, maybe nice glasss of red will help Julie will continue onward

Germaine

Germaine Report 27 May 2006 21:57

Theres a Theresa Maud. 3rd quarter Wandsworth 1d page 572 Can you get Grotty out of that LOL Germaine x