Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

London relatives who served in 1914-1918 war look

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annabel

Annabel Report 23 Feb 2006 12:07

Have a cd with a section of the national roll for Londoners who served in 1914-1918 war soldiers, nurses, munition worker, there are no dates of birth or residential details, any one want a look up, but please give me time Annabel

♥Athena

♥Athena Report 23 Feb 2006 12:17

Hi Annabel Thanks for this offer. Not sure what kind of info to give you really, but I have an EDWARD WESTWOOD who served with the BEF at the start of war in 1914. He was living in Southwark/Bermondsey - don't have an exact address of where he was living, though. Possibly Marcia Road or Calmington Road...but that's just a guess (where family members were). I think he joined up in the New Kent Road (or Old Kent Road). If that's enough for you to search on then I'd be really grateful if you could check when you get some time - many thanks Haven't a clue what kind of info your CD gives but will be interesting to see all the same. Leah

Annabel

Annabel Report 23 Feb 2006 12:37

Hi Leah sorry no Westwood, it cover west, central, and north london Annabel

♥Athena

♥Athena Report 23 Feb 2006 12:41

Thanks for looking, Annabel. Yes, he was in South London so wouldn't be mentioned then. Regards - Leah

Caroline

Caroline Report 23 Feb 2006 13:14

Can you look up a couple for me... Alfred William Jones born 1891 died in WW1 1918 and his father, who I think was a coal porter in WW1, Alred James Jones 1869 died 1961 Thanks for any info

Vera

Vera Report 23 Feb 2006 13:33

Hi Annabel, Is there a George Frederick James Sinclair from Greenwich? Munitions worker Vera Ann Sinclair I think she worked in Silvertown. (London) Not much to go on. Thanks for your time. Regards Vera

Carrie

Carrie Report 23 Feb 2006 13:40

Hi Annabel Thanks for the kind offer could you see if you have JAMES or NATHAN FRANKS and JOHN or WILLIAM BROOKER all Central london. Thanks Carrie

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 23 Feb 2006 13:51

Hi Annabel, Please can you look for my relatives,thankyou.... William Edward Daniel HEWITT Charles William Henry CUTMORE Walter James Golden CARPENTER All from around the Middlesex/London area Thanking you in advance Lorraine

Keith

Keith Report 23 Feb 2006 17:39

Charles Edward Gunnell - Middlesex/London area Many thanks, Keith

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Feb 2006 18:26

Thanks for the offer Annabel, I have very limited info, but if you would be kind enough to look for William Edward Long. I know he was living in Lambeth, London and he was a corporal in the Army Service Corps. Much appreciated. xx

Annabel

Annabel Report 24 Feb 2006 09:14

Hi folks it only shows Initials and surnames no place of birth or residence. sorry Vera, Carrie, Lorraine,Keith, Grace, and Marie I could not find any of them. Caroline may have some think, will sent you a message. Annabel

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 24 Feb 2006 09:28

Hi Annabel, Thanks for trying Lorraine

Keith

Keith Report 24 Feb 2006 09:36

Hi Annabel, Thanks for looking Keith

Vera

Vera Report 24 Feb 2006 09:55

Hi Annabel, Thank you very much for your time. Regards Vera

Jenny

Jenny Report 24 Feb 2006 11:14

Hello Annabel, Thankyou, can you have a look for: William Frederick LORD ,3rd 75th Battalion,City of London. R.A.S.C (Royal Army Service Corps). Thanks Jenny

Carrie

Carrie Report 24 Feb 2006 12:23

hi Annabel Thanks for looking Carrie:)

Kate

Kate Report 24 Feb 2006 12:34

Annabel - could you please have a look for R. H. Bristow? (The R. H. stands for Reginald Hugh.) He was in various regiments including the East Surrey, Essex, A.S.C. and Labour Corps. Thanks very much. Kate.

Annabel

Annabel Report 25 Feb 2006 03:48

Hi folks Jenny sorry no luck Lisa no Bookers or Lamonds I found 1 Warner a W J WARNER a driver Kate no R H Bristow found F Bristow corpral in the west surrey regiment E J T Bristow a gunner cheers Annabel

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 25 Feb 2006 11:09

Hi Annabel, thanks for that offer is there anything for a George William Poole he lived in North London Margaret

Jenny

Jenny Report 25 Feb 2006 12:47

Hi Annabel, thanks for checking for my William Lord. Best wishes Jenny ;0)