Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 SURREY Census lookups offered ....

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jan 2006 00:26

.......NO Private messages thankyou........ Not available for a short while ... back ASAP. Leave details. (Sat nite 8.15pm) .

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Jan 2006 00:35

Oooh :) Congrats :) Can I be the first to pester you? lol I have a William Knight c1835 born Farnham, Surrey. I can't find him in 1851, but he should (I hope!) still be there in 1841 with his father, John (Labourer!!). If it's not too difficult, could you please have a look for him? Thanks :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jan 2006 00:38

I'd be honoured Tracy !!!! ...back in a tick !

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jan 2006 00:45

There IS a 5 yr old William in Farnham, with a 6yr old Caroline .... but they are with an Elizabeth Clark and what appear to be her children. Checked ALL of Surrey ....... the only other similar/ possible entry is a 6 yr old with Father Edward. .... I've checked ALL variants of the spelling as well .....:-( Any other clues / possible's ..... ??? Elaine ;-) I can check ALL the William Knight entries tomorrow ..... see if ANY are with a John ?

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Jan 2006 00:48

Thanks for looking :) I don't know anything else that might link to him. He moved to Staffordshire before 1861. Had 6 kids there, and married around the birth of the last one in 1868! lol Then they moved up here. The witnesses are from Staffs too. I did wonder at the fathers name. I've got so many illegitimates in my tree - what's one more? lol There is another William, born in 1835, but I've forgotten who his parents are lol Oh yeah - William & Elizabeth.

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jan 2006 00:54

Any idea on when his father John was born ? I could see if he's around ! I'm going through all the William entries between 1 - 10 ... you never know ! Elaine ;-)

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Jan 2006 00:55

Sorry, I haven't a clue lol The only reference I have for him, is Williams marriage. I can't even find a birth ref for William. There are too many , and only the wrong one coming up in Farnham :( (Hubby's dragging me to bed now - speak to you tomorrow :) )

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jan 2006 00:57

Does .. Elskad mean anything to you ? Have found: John Knight 51 Farmer Martha 46 Hannah 13 James 10 John 5 William 4 Ridge Way, Elskad, Surrey. That's it babe:-( Have tried Night / Nite ...... just the 14 entries between 1 - 10 for William Knight. Have also checked the 11-20 yr olds (incase they had been mistranscribed ... :-(

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 14 Jan 2006 00:58

Where's that then? lol Oh, might be this one... WILLIAM KNIGHT Christening: 02 JUL 1837 Thursley, Surrey, England Parents: Father: JOHN KNIGHT Family Mother: MARTHA

Deborah

Deborah Report 14 Jan 2006 02:01

Hello Elaine could you please look up this family in Wandsworth Surrey in 1841 Thank you Thomas Fordrey abt 1811 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Head Wandsworth Surrey WATERMAN Thomas Fordrey abt 1838 Wandsworth, Surrey, England Son Wandsworth Surrey SARAH PETERS abt 1793 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Visitor Wandsworth Surrey ADDRESS WATERSIDE, WANDSWORTH Sarah Peters is my ggg grandmother but some records state she was from Surrey(1861 says Bermondsey)She was still at Waterside in 1861 Thank you Deborah

Robyn

Robyn Report 14 Jan 2006 02:10

Hi Elaine Thanks for your offer. Could you please look up a George Wickman and family ( wife Jane)should be in Reigate. Thanks ver y much Robyn NZ

Christina

Christina Report 14 Jan 2006 03:36

Could you please see if you can find a Cornelius Crawley in the Lambeth/Newington area [I think it was Surrey at that time] his occupation in 1845 was lamplighter. Dont know his age but he has a son, John, born around 1822. Regards Christina

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jan 2006 10:56

Sorry to do this to you, but are you still offering free look-ups on the surrey census? If so, I am looking for Henry Bullen (yes I know there are a lot of them), he was born in Ockham, 1812/13 his parents are possibly Richard and elizabeth. The family were living in Albury by the time of the birth of most of the children, and I believe his marriage to Elizabeth Jones was in Branley around the same time. I have a thousand different Bullens to cross reference as I am sure you aware that they were quite prolific, but thankfully all seem to stay in Surrey. It's just confusing trying to sort out the different clans! I thank you in anticipation Lorraine.

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jan 2006 11:09

*Deborah Hicks* Thomas Fordery 25 Waterman (N) Sarah 25 (Y) Thomas 3 (Y) Walter 18mths (Y) James 4 (Y) 2 doors down: James Peters 55 Waterman (N) Sarah 45 (N) Thames Bank, Wandsworth. Elaine ;-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jan 2006 11:17

*Robyn McNie* Only result for Reigate: George Wickman 35 Baker (Y) Mary 35 (N) Elizabeth 13 (Y) Jane 9 (Y) Thomas 5 (Y) Hannah 3 (Y) Henry 5mths (Y) High St, Reigate Elaine;-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jan 2006 11:26

*Christina Bawden* There are numerous results for Cornelius of varying ages between 25 - 50 .. mostly in Southwark. However, they are all born Ireland ... and all labourers. Only ONE in Lambeth... aged 30, on his own and a labourer b Ireland. If you want more indepth details, let me know. Elaine ;-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jan 2006 11:30

*Lorraine Smith* Richard Bullen 50 Ag Lab Elizabeth 55 Ag Lab Henry 25 Ag Lab Charles 15 Ag Lab John 13 Ag Lab Richard 11 Ag Lab Albury Heath, Albury, Surrey All born in county. Elaine ;-)

Heather

Heather Report 14 Jan 2006 11:32

Elaine, if it isnt too much hassle: Thomas Stephen Taylor should be about 30 Ann Taylor James Taylor Thomas Taylor Emma Taylor Eliza Taylor Elizabeth Taylor The above family hopefully High Street Wandsworth or High Street Wimbledon. Many thanks.

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jan 2006 11:39

*Heather* (How many times do you want me to look it up !!!! :-) Thomas Taylor 35 Coach maker Y Ann 30 N James 11 Eliza 8 Thomas 6 Emma 4 Eliza 4 mths Mary Cocks 49 N Waterside, Wandsworth. Kids all born in county. Hope it helps :-)) Elaine ;-)

Heather

Heather Report 14 Jan 2006 11:43

Bles you Elaine, sorry, I put it on, spoke to you and then forgot Id already put it on. God, this memory business is worrying me now. Thanks so much. Thats terrific, as it confirms I have the right birth certificate for the right family. I was concerned about dads occupation but obviously he moved on to running the Inn later. All the kids and mum tally. BTW I have him as Coach Master on the birth cert - wonder which would be right, master or maker?