Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

louisa jane furnell

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maria

Maria Report 11 Jan 2006 15:18

hi i have found out that louisa jane furnell was born on the 13 oct 1888 and was born in warminster wilts,she died aged 82 on the 5 jan 1971,can any one help with any more info

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Jan 2006 15:19

Was Furnell her surname at birth? Reg

Fiona

Fiona Report 11 Jan 2006 15:20

Is Furnell her married name or maiden name?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Jan 2006 15:22

F C Looking at Ancestry, I have a feeling it was her name when she died!! Reg

Fiona

Fiona Report 11 Jan 2006 15:24

Hi Reg, as birth places on censuses are not always right it may be this one? Will need to know if it's married or maiden name though Maria?? 1901. Edith Furnell abt 1885 Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire, England Daughter Barcombe Sussex Emily Furnell abt 1845 Tisbury, Wiltshire, England Wife Barcombe Sussex ...............> Louisa Furnell abt 1888 Batheaston, Wiltshire, England Daughter Barcombe Sussex Reuben A Furnell abt 1846 Tisbury, Wiltshire, England Head Barcombe Sussex William Furnell abt 1880 Eastmarton, Wiltshire, England Son Barcombe Sussex

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Jan 2006 15:35

F C.........I do agree about birthplaces etc, but until Maria comes back I'm not looking any further. Reg

Maria

Maria Report 11 Jan 2006 15:36

yes it was her birth name,married name was wordley

Fiona

Fiona Report 11 Jan 2006 15:41

Maria, Do you have her marriage certificate with fathers name?

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2006 16:28

How do you know what her maiden name was ? Have you got her marriage certificate ..... or a child's birth certificate ? Elaine ;-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Jan 2006 16:29

Seeing the name Wordley jogs my memory. There's a lot of 'stuff' on here about the name.............perhaps Maria could nudge the appropriate thread............ Reg

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2006 16:37

Her DEATH certificate does indeed state that she was born 13 October 1888 ....BUT ...that information is only as reliable as the person who gave the information. She may have added a couple of years or lost a few, during her life time. (She wouldn't be the first) You need her marriage cert ... to confirm her fathers name, his occupation and (hopefully)her age at marriage. Elaine ;-) Who did she marry and when ...?

Thelma

Thelma Report 11 Jan 2006 16:47

1901 census Is it near Warminster? View Record Edward Furnell abt 1840 Chitterne All Saints, Wiltshire, England Head Chitterne All Saints Wiltshire View Record Jane Furnell abt 1889 Chitterne All Saints, Wiltshire, England Daughter Chitterne All Saints Wiltshire View Record Joseph Furnell abt 1881 Chitterne All Saints, Wiltshire, England Son Chitterne All Saints Wiltshire View Record Sarah Furnell abt 1845 Tilshead, Wiltshire, England Wife Chitterne All Saints Wiltshire View Record Sophia Furnell abt 1886 Chitterne All Saints, Wiltshire, England Daughter Chitterne All Saints Wiltshire

Thelma

Thelma Report 11 Jan 2006 16:51

Town: Chitterne All Saints County/Island: Wiltshire Registration district: Warminster Sub registration district: Heytesbury

Thelma

Thelma Report 11 Jan 2006 16:53

1891 census Furnell, Annie abt 1884 Chitterne All Saints, Wiltshire, England Daughter Chitterne All Saints and St Mary Wiltshire View Record Furnell, Edward abt 1840 Chitterne All Saints, Wiltshire, England Head Chitterne All Saints and St Mary Wiltshire View Record Furnell, Fanny abt 1870 Chitterne All Saints, Wiltshire, England Daughter Chitterne All Saints and St Mary Wiltshire View Record Furnell, Frank abt 1878 Chitterne All Saints, Wiltshire, England Son Chitterne All Saints and St Mary Wiltshire View Record Furnell, James abt 1875 Chitterne All Saints, Wiltshire, England Son Chitterne All Saints and St Mary Wiltshire View Record Furnell, Jane abt 1889 Chitterne All Saints, Wiltshire, England Daughter Chitterne All Saints and St Mary Wiltshire View Record Furnell, Joseph abt 1881 Chitterne All Saints, Wiltshire, England Son Chitterne All Saints and St Mary Wiltshire View Record Furnell, Sarah abt 1845 Tilshead, Wiltshire, England Wife Chitterne All Saints and St Mary Wiltshire View Record Furnell, Sophia abt 1886 Chitterne All Saints, Wiltshire, England Daughter Chitterne All Saints and St Mary Wiltshire

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2006 16:54

I have just looked on FreeBMD from March 1885 upto and including Dec 1890.... for BIRTHS Apart from: June 1886 looking as if it MAY be incomplete (Now know it IS complete) and Dec 1887 and Dec 1889 missing completely ... Louisa Jane Furnell's birth is NOT listed between 1885 - 1890. All other qtrs are COMPLETE and available. I will check the missing 3 qtrs on 1837online ....but with regards her being born Oct 1888, its not looking good ! .... unless .... she was a Gypsy ? I'll be back shortly Elaine ;-) Just a thought ....... was the Wordley marriage her FIRST marriage or second ? June 1886 is COMPLETE on FreeBMD ... last entry is James Furnell Dec 1887..there are only 3 Furnell names ... she's NOT one of them Dec 1889.. there are 7 Furnell names ... she's NOT one of them. If she was born between 1885 - 1890 she was either a) NOT Registered b) Not registered Louisa Jane

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2006 17:07

I don't believe it: FreeBMD has just thrown this up: Marriages Jun 1912 Furnell Louisa J (Wordley) Warminster 5a, 319 YOU NEED THIS MARRIAGE CERT. OK. Births 1912 - 1920 1 Wordley Edward E (Furnell) Devizes.5a 168 Birth Dec 1912 2 Wordley Maud R (Furnell) Devizes.5a 158 Birth Sept 1916

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Jan 2006 17:11

Well done, DD.........now Maria can get the marriage cert and find the fathers' names etc......... Reg

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2006 17:15

Here you go ..... seems the ONLY possible explanation ...... Births Mar 1892 Furnell Louisa R Poplar 1c M40 Her BIRTH cert will sort out a few problems ! Have checked 1837online .. the entry is added at bottom of page (extra)..... and the reference does read M40. Don't think this is her now ......... sorry

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2006 17:20

1901: David Furnell abt 1874 West Ham Canning Town Head West Ham Essex Mary Ann Furnell abt 1871 Poplar, London, England Wife West Ham Essex Alice M Furnell abt 1899 West Ham Canning Town Daughter West Ham Essex David J Furnell abt 1894 West Ham Canning Town Son West Ham Essex George C Furnell abt 1897 West Ham Canning Town Son West Ham Essex Louisa R Furnell abt 1892 Poplar, London, England Daughter West Ham Essex <--------- Maybe NOT her ????????????? Middle initial R not Jane ... sorry, just noticed the Birth entry as well ...(R)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Jan 2006 17:22

I wonder where Maria is?