Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FRC 12 Nov - Look ups - All Results now posted.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 11 Nov 2005 13:29

I 'm off to the FRC tomorrow. If anyone wants look ups, please add to this thread before 6 pm tonight. Requests will be tackled in order of simplicity as I won't get there till mid-morning and need to check a few things for myself. See below for the records I will search through.

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 11 Nov 2005 13:30

National Probate Calendar 1858 – about 1940 Lists wills and administrations for England and Wales and many people dying abroad Please give full name, address and date of death 1841 Census I will search specific villages for counties not on Origins GRO Indexes I will search periods not covered by Freebmd. Please provide as much detail as possible and specify the date range to be covered.

Philip

Philip Report 11 Nov 2005 13:58

Thats very kind of you. Could you please look for a death of a Llewellyn Thomas Haines. We were told he died in 1920 but cannot find any trace of this. I have searched on 1837 online from 1918 to 1935, to no avail. I think it was sometime between 1935 and 1949 as this is was when his wife remarried, claiming she was a widow. He was born in 1894. Tks Phil

babs123

babs123 Report 11 Nov 2005 14:09

Thanks for your kind offer Brenda 1841 Census Any Locks living in Lingfield, Surrey esp. William b c1800.a sawyer Also Streatham Surrey or Shoreditch area, Richard Lock, Head, b c1790, Lingfield Surrey, a Sawyer Mary Ann Lock, wife, b c1780, Hartfield /Witheham, Sussex Elizabeth Lock, dau, b c1824, Lingfield, Surrey Harriet Lock, dau, b c1826 Streatham, Surrey Robert Lock, son, b c 1830 Streatham/Brixton, Surrey Last known Address, 25 Cumberland Ave, Shoreditch in 1851 so could be in Shoreditch There would probably be more children Any BMD on these family members after 1837 would be gratefully accepted! Cannot find any on IGI Thanks in anticipation Kat

Heather

Heather Report 11 Nov 2005 14:13

Oh, oh, oh, Brenda, have you still got the bits I was looking for please???? Could you see if the suicide GGF left a will please |October, 1912 James Robert Hanson, 33 Coopers Row, Old Kent Road, Camberwell. Oh and if possible, his dad, James William Hanson, 21 Acorn Street, Camberwell, October 1909. And erm, if possible, his dad, James Hanson, June 1886, 1 Stanton Terrace, Crownfield Road, Wanstead Many thanks.

Elizabeth Anne

Elizabeth Anne Report 11 Nov 2005 14:16

Thank you for your kind offer. Please could you look on the GRO for the following marriage: Job Fry married Elizabeth ? 1818/1819 Paulton/Camerton/Clutton, Somerset. Hope this request is not too difficult to find. Very much appreciated. Elizabeth

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 11 Nov 2005 14:57

Thank you for your very kind offer. If you have time could you look on the 1841 for the village of Hare Street, Hertfordshire. Thomas Norris age about 10 with his father also a Thomas. There may be a younger brother Robert. I would love to know who is in the household. Many Thanks Chris

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 11 Nov 2005 15:02

Hi Heather No I haven't forgotten, but I've got to Syke (spelling!) myself up for the longer journey! Hi Elizabeth Civil registration only starts in 1837, so I won't be able to look your marriage up for you. If you can't find it anywhere on-line - try familyhistoryonline for starters - google the Somerset and Dorset Family History Society. They have a marriage index and will do lookups.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 11 Nov 2005 16:08

Brenda, I wasn't going to ask, but I just have to lol could you please look on the Birth registers for 1838-40 for Sarah Rennison or Sagar. She may have been registered under either name. She was born in Worsborough, which I think came under Ecclesfield (Yorkshire) then. Just found out her parents didn't marry till 1840 lol

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 11 Nov 2005 16:41

No problems Tracy. And if I get bored (lol!) I'll take a look at just how many John Knights there were in Farnham, just to tease you. Anymore for anymore? Eighty minutes to go before I print this lot off and head for home.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 11 Nov 2005 16:42

lol feel free :) You can cross reference with William if you get really bored too :P

Zoe

Zoe Report 11 Nov 2005 16:51

Hi could you possibly look up the baptism of a JOSHUA ROBINSON RODGERS CHR: 05/09/1819 Sheldon Derby Father John Rodgers Mother Elizabeth Robinson Would like to know his date of birth Thanks for the offer

Elizabeth Anne

Elizabeth Anne Report 11 Nov 2005 16:54

Hi Abbess, Thank you letting me know that the civil registration only starts in 1837, sorry I did not realize that. Yes, I think I must get in touch with the Somerset and Dorset Family History Society to break down this wall. Have a good trip tomorrow. Elizabeth

Merry

Merry Report 11 Nov 2005 16:57

Hello Brenda, This is really kind of you to make the offer........ If your arms are not too tired after doing the GRO lookups!!, please could you check the National Probate Calender for: Richard BUCK - died 25th May 1861 at Champion Hill, Camberwell, Surrey aged 74. Thank you xxx Merry

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 11 Nov 2005 17:02

Hi Zoe Sorry I can't help on this one as the GRO indexes only start in 1837. Unless the date of birth is recorded in the baptism register, you are unlikely to be able to find this out. Even if later records provide a birth date, they may be inaccurate.

Kirsten

Kirsten Report 11 Nov 2005 17:09

Hi Abbess, What a wonderful offer from you! Do you think you could look up the death of BLOOMAH STUCKGOLD? Died in Hackney area of London around 1960ish. We've searched from 1958-1967 and not found her. She was born in Russia Poland in 1881. Maiden name is WITTE. I believe she could be put down as STICKGOLD - her husband was on his death. You could also try GOLD, that is now the family name. I can't find her anywhere. Her husband died 40 years before her, but I don't believe she remarried. If you have enough time to, it may be worth checking any marriages for BLOOMAH STUCKGOLD around 1921 - 1930. Thanks for the offer. Don't worry if you can't find her. Regards, Kirsten

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 11 Nov 2005 17:54

Could you please look for the reference for the death of Marie SPENGLER in 1939. I have seen it, but I've lost where I wrote it down. Please!

Chris *

Chris * Report 11 Nov 2005 18:07

thanks for the offer could you please look for the death of John William March died 1949 middlesbrough i cant find this on free bmd and i need the ref numbers to send for cert thanks. chris.x

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 11 Nov 2005 18:14

Jonathan is the last on the list as I'm printing off and going home now. Will post results asap.

Heather

Heather Report 11 Nov 2005 22:34

Im trembling with excitement Brenda! Bet none of the ******* are on there.