Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BERNICE MARSDEN

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 8 Nov 2005 22:19

Hello, Your daughter told me you like a challange. I hope you don't mind me asking. I've posted 3 things on 'Trying to Find', would you mind helping me with the FULLER one? It's been getting me for ages now. Thanks, Paul.

The Bag

The Bag Report 8 Nov 2005 23:23

Put it on here Paul, Bernice isnt around at the mo (dont think) see what we can do. I cant see a Fuller one!

Paul

Paul Report 8 Nov 2005 23:24

Ok thanks Jess. I'll just copy and past it. Wont be a min.

The Bag

The Bag Report 8 Nov 2005 23:25

Going to make a coffee and have a Pee , will be back

Paul

Paul Report 8 Nov 2005 23:26

FULLER HARRIET FULLER. b. c1890. ORPHAN. Harriet/Harriett was brought up in an Orphange in Brixton (London?) She was married just before WWI, and had one child, HETTIE. Her first husbands name was unknown, and he died in WWI. Harriet later remarried her first husbands cousin, who was HERBERT BARRETT b. 1892, KINGS LYNN, NORFOLK. Her first husband may have been, but not 100% sure, a BARRETT also. She later had 3 other children with HERBERT BARRETT. These were; DOROTHY, WALTER (My Grandfather) and ANNE. All of these were born in KINGS LYNN, NORFOLK. HETTIE's surname was BARRETT, however, we believe she may have taken on the surname of her mothers second husband. If anyone has ANY information, even if you are not 100% of its accuracy, please contact me! I believe someone out there has the answer. Thanks, Paul. ------------------------------------------------------------------ When my Aunt looked before she couldn't find a marriage certificate of Herbert Barrett and Harriet Fuller, so we think she may have got married using her name from her first marriage. Thanks for any help guys. Paul.

Paul

Paul Report 8 Nov 2005 23:31

Oh and we don't have a clue of where or when they got married, just to make things even more differcult!

The Bag

The Bag Report 8 Nov 2005 23:31

where was she in 1901 sorry, dont think i am going to get far with this

Merry

Merry Report 8 Nov 2005 23:53

Do you know when Walter Barrett was born?? I think it must have been after 1920 (as I searched 1914-1920 on Family Relatives for any Barrett/Fuller births, but there were none). You need to be looking for a birth reg for Walter with mum's maiden name in the index as Fuller. If you can get your granddad's birth cert it should have Harriet's late married surname on it as well as her maiden name. This would help a great deal in sorting out info on her first husband. For her first marriage; these are all the Harriet(t) Fuller's married 1912-1917 anywhere in England and Wales: Surname Forenames Spouse District Page No Event Quarter Year Fuller Harriet Andrews Bishops Stortford.3a 1427 Marriage 4 1912 Fuller Harriet Holliday Teesdale.10a 597 Marriage 3 1914 Fuller Harriet Cushing West Ham.4a 701 Marriage 1 1916 Fuller Harriett S Farrell Holborn.1b 1558 Marriage 3 1913 Fuller Harriett A Geering Thanet.2a 2535 Marriage 4 1914 Fuller Harriett Menzies Wandsworth.1d 1445 Marriage 4 1917 Merry

Merry

Merry Report 8 Nov 2005 23:57

Of the list in my last reply, I think her first hubby was Mr Cushing, as I found this birth: Surname Forenames Mothers maiden name District Page No Event Quarter Year Cushing Hettie E Fuller West Ham.4a 67 Birth 1 1917 Merry

Merry

Merry Report 9 Nov 2005 00:02

Alfred C Cushing married Harriet Fuller Q1 1916 in West Ham, as detailed in list message before last. Merry

The Bag

The Bag Report 9 Nov 2005 00:03

Yea Merry! well done that woman

Merry

Merry Report 9 Nov 2005 00:04

It is therefore a pity there is no death for Alfred C Cushing in WW1 on the Commonwealth War graves site........ Hmmmm! I would do a lookup for a marriage Cushing => Barrett (up to 1920 is as far as I can go) but am out of units on Family Relatives - Sorry!! Nite-nite! Merry

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 9 Nov 2005 00:10

Cushing would fit in other ways, as if it a Norfolk name. Not that I can find any suitable candidates on the Commonwealth wargraves commission site.

Fiona

Fiona Report 9 Nov 2005 03:54

Incase the marriage certificate comes back Alfred Charles age 22/23. Name: Cushing, Alfred Charles Record Type: Births Quarter: September Year: 1893 District: West Ham County: Essex Greater London Volume: 4a Page: 252 1901 census. Ellen E Bonards abt 1880 Walthamstow, Essex, England Servant Cann Hall Essex Alfred Cushing abt 1894 Forest Gate, Essex, England Son Cann Hall Essex Frances J Cushing abt 1882 Islington, London, England Son Cann Hall Essex Henry Cushing abt 1885 Islington, London, England Son Cann Hall Essex Henry J Cushing abt 1857 Blakeney, Norfolk, England Head Cann Hall Essex Mary Cushing abt 1859 Blakeney, Norfolk, England Wife Cann Hall Essex Maybe the CWGC got his initials the wrong way around? This one would fit with the father thats in 1901. Father is Henry J. Name: CUSHING Initials: C A Nationality: United Kingdom Rank: Private Regiment: Oxford and Bucks Light Infantry Unit Text: 7th Bn. Age: 25 Date of Death: 09/05/1917 Service No: 26500 Additional information: Son of Henry James Cushing. Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead

Paul

Paul Report 9 Nov 2005 11:50

Thank you so much for your help. It is Cushing. I've just worked out something which was unreadable due to damage. It says on my Grandad's birth certificate, under mothers name name. Harriet Barrett, Late Cushing (Which was unreadable) Formerly Fuller. Merry you silly woman! Dont spend your credits on me! Save them for yourself. But thanks for doing it. My grandad's birth was registered on 18th September 1926. Think it says he was born in Seventeenth of August though. Paul.

Merry

Merry Report 9 Nov 2005 11:53

FC - your last post is definitely a possibility, and so is this guy: Medal card of Cushing, Alfred C Corps: Bedfordshire Regiment Regiment No: 26571 Rank: Private... Not the same person as the one who died though........ I wonder if Alfred maybe didn't die in the war but at home, or maybe he did die but is missed off the CWGC site?? (I suppose there must be mistakes on there like any other set of records?)..........or perhaps he ran off with the maid and the ''killed in the war'' was a cover story??!!! Or perhaps the death IS the same man and he had changed regiments because of heavy losses? Merry

Merry

Merry Report 9 Nov 2005 11:57

Paul - now you've only got to find out how these grooms were cousins!!! Last night I did see the likely marriage entry for Henry J Cushing and wife Mary.......I know her name was not Barrett, but have forgotten what it was............The marriage was on FreeBMD and in London...... Merry

Merry

Merry Report 9 Nov 2005 11:59

I wonder if the fact that the regimental numbers for Alfred C and CA Cushing are very similar is significant?? Merry

Paul

Paul Report 9 Nov 2005 12:11

hehe Merry! Me and my dad said exactly the same thing about the 'cover' story. We think he must have run off with a German!

Paul

Paul Report 9 Nov 2005 12:33

When you found the marriage before, was Mary's surname Edgarton? Thats the one i've found. Paul.