Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

St Peters ,Leeds [parish records] anyone need any.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 23 Oct 2005 16:28

.... any look ups. i am on holiday this week, and am going probably tuesday to leeds library. i have several look ups to do ..... [those flippin' walkers mainly]... so anyone else needing a st peters look up...... add here . sue.

Jane

Jane Report 23 Oct 2005 16:31

Hi Sue I have some of those Walkers they live in Rawcliffe Yorkshire. They are a real pain. Jane

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 23 Oct 2005 16:40

hi jane, i swear there are more walkers than smiths !!! lol, sue.

corcoran74

corcoran74 Report 23 Oct 2005 17:01

Hi, please may i ask what records are accessible there, and from what time frame. Many thanks

Tc

Tc Report 23 Oct 2005 17:31

Hi Sue Please could you look up the baptism details of Hamilton Watson born 1808 Leeds Many thanks Tom

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 23 Oct 2005 17:39

to be honest, i have never been before ! i should imagine they have parish etc for leeds and surrounding areas. tom.... i would need to know the parish. leeds is such a large area...where was he living , do you know ? sue.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 23 Oct 2005 18:39

I feel for you Sue. I have Walkers on 2 branches of my tree. Some in East Yorks and some in Hertfordshire. They do my flamin' head in they do! lol Have a good day Jeanette x

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 23 Oct 2005 18:42

hi jeanette, mine kept changing the way they spelt their middle names too !!! randall/ randale/landell/ landale.......... mind you , none of them could read, so i suppose it was all down to the usual... MISTRANSCRIPTIONS , grrrrrrrrrr. no one got any walkers in leeds or dewsbury ???????? sue.

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 23 Oct 2005 23:14

HI Sue if possible could you check the marriage at St Peters for Benjamin Blackburn and Elzabeth Dalton on the 9th November 1824 this marriage appears twice on IGI its' at Rothwell on the same date the 1851 census index for Rothwell lists 49 Walkers Thanks Bren

Pamela

Pamela Report 23 Oct 2005 23:52

Hi Sue.....Yes please.. Could you look up the following father & son ATTACK's for me? I would be very grateful Joseph Attack & Ann Mawson - marriage - St Peter - 1814 James Attack & Hannah Walmsley - marriage - Leeds, hoping St Peter also - 1850 Any information regarding parents, witnesses and if you have time any children from these marriages etc...anything at all. Thank you very much for the offer, and I hope you find what you are looking for. Pam

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 23 Oct 2005 23:58

hi, will keep checking this thread.....i will print it off to take with me. sue.

S

S Report 24 Oct 2005 01:27

Hello! If you have time, I would be very grateful if you could look up the marriage of Richard MAY to Ann BROWN. I know it took place on 1st March 1832, but would very much like to know if any details of the parents are given. Thank you so much for your kind offer! Sue

corcoran74

corcoran74 Report 24 Oct 2005 08:58

Hi, If you get the chance i would be extremely grateful if you could look at the baptisms of Sarah Corcoran born c1833 & Peter Corcoran. c 1836 There fathers name was Thomas but im unsure of the mother as he had been married before . Many many thanks.

Doreen

Doreen Report 24 Oct 2005 12:28

Sue, My geography for Yorkshire is not up to scracth at the moment, still learning. Would Leeds RO have any records covering NTH Yorkshire. I do have a Margaret Ainsworth (Hainsworth) brn Leeds, christening Jly 1810 ? Also Benjamin christening dec 1812, both at St Peters, Leeds. Fathers name Benjamin mothers could be Sarah. Would be very grateful if you can find time to look for the above Cheers Doreen

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 24 Oct 2005 16:50

nudge

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 25 Oct 2005 18:40

TOM B sorry, i searched upto january 1810... but some parts were not clear. will check the booklets next time [now i know where they are] sue.

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 25 Oct 2005 18:45

BRENDA... sorry, someone was using the film i needed for these.... am hoping to go back next week, will check again for you. sue.

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 25 Oct 2005 18:47

PAM hi, i found the marriage of joseph atack and ann mawson.... 31/12/1814. as with brenda [above] the film was being used by someone, so i will check next week [hopefully] for witnesses. sue.

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 25 Oct 2005 18:49

SUSAN BISHOP hi, no details of parents are on any marriages pre 1837. they married 1/3/1832. richard may [gardener] ann brown [spinster] banns were read dec 4th, 11th and 18th. witnesses ... joseph brown and mary bradley. sue. x

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 25 Oct 2005 18:51

GIVE ME HOPE. sorry, did not have time to check this one... i did the easiest ones first, then time ran out. will hopefully get back next week, and hopefully find them. sue.