Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

UK- US Immigration Records Look Ups Available ON H

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 18 Jul 2005 16:58

ON HOLD FOR NOW UNTIL NEXT WEEK AS I'M NOT AROUND DAWN :-) Hi Everyone I can do searches of LDS immigration voyages to the US 1840 - 1890. Info available personal voyage accounts (diary entries), The European Emigration Card Index, European mission registers, LDS publications and custom lists.

Dawn

Dawn Report 18 Jul 2005 17:01

Please include as much info as you can. It looks like most of these voyages are with church groups. You never know your family might have travelled over like this. PLEASE NO PRIVATE MESSAGES. THEY WILL BE IGNORED AS THEY KEEP FILLING MY INBOX UP, SORRY. Other look ups available BVRI, Scottish Church Records (Birth, Marriage and Parent late 1500s to 1854) and Royal Lancaster Volunteer Regiment 1779 - 1782. Please use relivant threads. Thanks Dawn :-)

Deborah

Deborah Report 19 Jul 2005 00:04

Hello Dawn I have been trying to trace a Constance Dagmar SEMMENCE who went to America.She was born c1869 and married an American ,believe they met when he was over here and she sailed home with him and married there.His name was Lionel Henry FREMANTLE. They had 4 children between 1890 and 1896 in America but she returned home a widow by 1899. Cant trace them so cant find area where children were born in America. Thanks Deborah

Dan

Dan Report 19 Jul 2005 00:58

Hi Dawn Thankyou for the kind offer. I am looking for 3 people. Robert Barry born c1840's in County Meath (Roman Catholic) Peter Barry born 1847 County Meath (Roman Catholic) - beleive they left Ireland around the 1860's. Jerry (Jermiah) O'Mahoney (Mahoney) born c1824 arrived in USA in either 1868 or 1869 with his wife Mary and children John, Michael, Mary and Jerry. All from Irleland possible Cork, they settled in Minnesota. Any informatoin would be great. Danielle

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 19 Jul 2005 08:19

Thank you for this offer, Dawn. I am hoping to find out if Daniel PEAK,married, a sawyer b. c. 1836, from England, on the 1880 US census in Pennsylvania could be the same Daniel that I have missing from 1881 census in England, ie. not with his wife and family. 'My' Daniel was also married, born c.1835 and a sawyer and was later in England. Judging by his children's ages, he would have travelled to U.S.after 1873.

Helen

Helen Report 19 Jul 2005 12:47

Hi Dawn, If at all possible could you look for any diary entries for Stephen FORSDICK he travelled from Liverpool feb,1853 LDS immigrant age 17 born Watford Hertfordshire occupation Clerk. His church leader was Christopher ARTHUR. He arrived port of New Orleans Loisiana 25 th april 1853. With many thanks, Helen Habergham

Dawn

Dawn Report 19 Jul 2005 16:11

DANIELLE BARRY Hi Danielle Sorry no joy with any of these I'm afraid on these records. Hope they turn up soon, good luck. Dawn :-)

Dawn

Dawn Report 19 Jul 2005 16:31

HELEN HABERGHAM Hi Helen Yes, found him. I've included the departure info and some General Voyage info. There is part of an autobiography of Stephen and there is quite a bit, so I'll send it to through a private message. I hope you find the info useful. Dawn :-) Ship: International Date of Departure: 28 Feb 1853 Port of Departure: Liverpool, England LDS Immigrants: 425 Church Leader: Christopher Arthur Date of Arrival: 25 Apr 1853 Port of Arrival: New Orleans, Louisiana Source(s): BMR, Book #1044, pp. 120-139 (FHL #025,690); Customs #162 (FHL #200,173) Notes: 'DEPARTURES. -- The International, A Compilation of General Voyage Notes 'DEPARTURES. -- The International, Captain Brown, with a company of 425 souls, under the presidency of Elder Christopher Arthur, sailed for New Orleans, February 28th. Elders John Lyon, author of 'The Harp of Zion', and late President of the Glasgow Conference, and R. G. Frazer, late President of the work in Londonderry, after laboring faithfully in these lands, have emigrated by the above vessel.' <MS, 15:11 (Mar. 12, 1853), p.169> 'SIXTY-FIFTH COMPANY. -- International, 425 Saints. The ship International, Captain Brown, with a company of four hundred and twenty-five Saints, under the presidency of Elder Christopher Arthur, sailed from Liverpool, February 28th, 1853. Elder John Lyon, author of the 'Harp of Zion,' and formerly president of the Glasgow Conference, and R. G. Frazer, who had presided over the missionary work in Londenderry, were included in the company. They arrived in New Orleans on the twenty-third of April. During the voyage seven deaths, seven births, and five marriages took place. . . . . . . From New Orleans the Saints continued the journey up the Mississippi River to Keokuk, Iowa. (Millennial Star, Vol. XV pp.169, 358, 361, 443.) <Cont.,13:10 (Aug. 1892), p.463, 465> 'Mon. 28. [Feb. 1853] -- The ship International sailed from Liverpool, England, with 425 Saints, under the direction of Christopher Arthur. It arrived at New Orleans April 23rd.'

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 19 Jul 2005 17:56

Dawn Never mind. Thank you so much for looking for Daniel. Gwyn

Derek

Derek Report 19 Jul 2005 20:43

Hi Dawn, Thank you for your very kind offer, i have a family who seem to have disappeared after the 1881 census, could you please check them for me against your records. They are;- Thomas Heslop B.c1858 was a plumber. Wife`s name was Margaret Heslop B.c1859, one child as far as i know and he was called Walter Heslop b.1880, i have no other information but it`s a mystery i hope you can help me solve, cheers derek,,...

Deborah

Deborah Report 19 Jul 2005 22:41

Thanks for looking, perhaps she went off in a space ship!!!! Deborah

Helen

Helen Report 20 Jul 2005 12:50

Hi Dawn, WOW!! Thankyou so much my eyes were agog!! seeing all that information. Wonderful I can`t thankyou you enough. I shall now go and have another read..... and take it all in. Again many kind thanks, Best wishes, Helen

Derek

Derek Report 20 Jul 2005 20:33

Hi Dawn, Ah well, it was worth a try, i do appreciate you taking the time to have a look for me, thanks very much, now it`s back to scratching my head again ! cheers derek,,...

Margaret

Margaret Report 21 Jul 2005 01:26

Dawn, thanks for your offer. Can you see what you can find on the following men: John Darlison age 25 and Mr. Bacon (first name and age unknown) left Liverpool mid April 1859. They sailed on an American vessel - the Jeremiah Thompson. They landed in New York approx 3 weeks later. From the ship they were taken to a place called Castle Garden. If your records are searchable by name, could you check for a Thomas Darlison who went to the US, joined the Confederate Army and fought in the Civil War. (Sorry, don't know what date he emigrated). Also, Jonas Charles Darlison born c1850 who emigrated to the US. He was a mason in New York, and lived in Orange, New Jersey. He married and had two daughters by 1883, so that may narrow down his arrival to the 1870's. Margaret

Margaret

Margaret Report 21 Jul 2005 14:28

Thanks for trying. Margaret

Dawn

Dawn Report 22 Jul 2005 21:28

MICHAEL REYNOLDS Hi Michael Sorry my records are only for UK to the US 1840 - 1890, so can't help with your search. Hope that someone else here can help. Dawn :-)

Pamela.

Pamela. Report 22 Jul 2005 21:48

Hi Dawn, can you please see if you can fin d any details about Henry Rudkin and his wife Ann left england for America in the early 1870s Henry was born in Leicestershire 1844 Ann was born 1853. any information would be welcome thanks

Pamela.

Pamela. Report 23 Jul 2005 20:24

thanks for trying Dawn I will just keep looking . Pamx

Sandra

Sandra Report 29 Jul 2005 19:02

Could you please look for: Rebecca & Abraham Erhlich I believe they went out on the E.H.Taylor July 1862 Also Myer?Meyer Raphael belived to have gone out also in the 1860's Both families appear on the US 1880 census thank you sandie

Jean

Jean Report 1 Aug 2005 20:24

Hello Dawn I am looking for any information on the death of Johnathan Starkie (b) 1853 Cockermouth Cumberland. I know he died 13/7/1883 on passage to America. Would appreciate any infomation ie how he died, was he travelling alone, was he with family etc. regards Jean