Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1821 census for Hailsham available for lookups

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louisa

Louisa Report 8 Apr 2005 19:45

Hi I have the 1821 census for Hailsham in Sussex if any one wants a look up....not sure if it is complete and it lists the head of the family, how many females and males in the house, how many families live in one household, but it doesn't give the actual address and also lists occupations.....you never know maybe worth a try!!! I will try and check the board every day....and get back to you as soon as poss Regards Louisa

Louisa

Louisa Report 8 Apr 2005 21:03

moving this up in a case any one missed it thanks Louisa

Roland

Roland Report 10 Apr 2005 10:58

nudge in case anyone wants this

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Apr 2005 11:24

Would be very interested in any VERRALLs named. Specifically Edgar, Joseph - but dont let that stop you ! Many thanks indeed - kind regards, LD

Sheila

Sheila Report 10 Apr 2005 13:33

Hi Louisa I would appreciate a look for the surname IRISH. Thanks Sheila

Hilary

Hilary Report 10 Apr 2005 15:46

Hi Loiusa, I would be interested in any Wilshurst families you may find. Best wishes Hilary

Margaret

Margaret Report 10 Apr 2005 20:41

Would be very interested if you can find any Maskells on this census. Know my gt gt grandfather was born in Heathfield which is in the Hailsham district. Thanks Maggie

Louisa

Louisa Report 10 Apr 2005 20:51

Hi peeps sorry for the delay in repling ......ok here we go: For Laird I have found some VERRALLS for you and these are: Samuel VERRALL 1Male 1 Female 2 families living in household (other being GOULDSMITH) Samuel was an arig Lab Charles Jun VERRALL 3 Males 5 Females Arig Lab at Fox Hall and just the one family there and one more Will VERRAL 1 Male 1 Female Arig Lab again just the one family Sorry there were no Edgar's or joseph.....but i was wondering where your VERRALLS ended up as I have a connection with the VERRALLS in Croyden Surrey..... Hope this helps.... Regards Louisa Just going to look for all the other families that have been asked for ...will be back in two mins lol

Louisa

Louisa Report 10 Apr 2005 20:55

Hi Shelia Sorry are there are no IRISH listed.......sorry i couldn't help but good luck with the rest of your research Regards Louisa

Louisa

Louisa Report 10 Apr 2005 20:56

Hi Hilary Sorry I can't help you ethier......wish I could as this is possibly quite rare to have a census from this time period.....Good luck also with the rest of your research Best Wishes Louisa

Louisa

Louisa Report 10 Apr 2005 20:59

Hi Maggie thanks for asking and unfortunatley there are no MASKELLS on there ethier ......it is so frustrating when you want to help but you can't......I wish you well in the rest of your research Regards Louisa

Louisa

Louisa Report 10 Apr 2005 21:13

Thanks roland for the nudge.....truly appreciated especially if I can help some one Louisa :-))

Sheila

Sheila Report 10 Apr 2005 21:24

Hi Louisa Thanks for looking up the Irish for me, at least I know they weren't there. Thanks Sheila

Louisa

Louisa Report 10 Apr 2005 22:15

You are welcome Shelia ...just sorry i couldn't help. best wishes Louisa

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Apr 2005 08:29

Many thanks Louise, all adds nicely to the early part of the jigsaw ..... only recently started working back on Verralls, from a family in Marylebone in 1871-1901. Head Joseph born in Hailsham area, leaving a bro Edgar in the Eastbourne area. Hoping to get 1851 Sussex this week ! Many many thanks. Hope I can reciprocate.

~˜Kim in

~˜Kim in Report 11 Apr 2005 08:33

Hi louisa, i would be interested in anyone with the surname sandles or sandals many thanks for your kind offer kim

Louisa

Louisa Report 11 Apr 2005 09:26

Hi Kim Don't seem to be having much luck on some of these names and unfortunatley there are no SANDELS or SANDALS listed. Sorry I couldn't help and hope you find them soon Regards Louisa

~˜Kim in

~˜Kim in Report 11 Apr 2005 09:52

Thanks louisa, at least i know they were not hiding there lol, i know they were in sussex somewhere its just finding them many thanks for looking kim

Louisa

Louisa Report 11 Apr 2005 23:30

You are most welcome Kim ...after all they could of been there.... good luck with your research Regards Louisa

Hilary

Hilary Report 13 Apr 2005 14:47

Louisa, I made a typo on the original request - the name is WILMSHURST. Thank you Hilary