Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PLEASE HELP! MESS UP IN MY TREE!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Laura

Laura Report 2 Apr 2005 17:09

HELLO ALL, I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP I'VE REALLY HIT A BRICK WALL, SEE BELOW MESSAGE LAURA XX

Janette

Janette Report 2 Apr 2005 17:14

Hi Laura Whats happened, can I help, sorry no message appeared Jan

Laura

Laura Report 2 Apr 2005 17:15

I HAVE A GEORGE BACON WHO IS DEFINITELY CORRECT. HE WAS BORN ANNESLEY NOTTS 1860 HE DEFINITELY MARRIED ANNIE PEACH. I SEARCHED ANNIE'S BIRTH USING THE 1901 CENSUS DETAILS. SHE WAS BORN KIMBERLY 1859 (NOTTS). I FOUND THE ONLY CERT' FOR THAT NAME IN NOTTS IN THAT AND THE CLOSEST YEARS. THAT GIVES HER DAD AS THOMAS COX PEACH, WHO I HAVE BEEN RESEACHING. I GOT A MARRIAGE CERT' TODAY FOR ANNIE AND GEORGE WHICH IS THE ONLY ONE WITH BOTH NAMES IN NOTTS/DERBY. THE MARRIAGE CERT' HAS MESSED IT ALL UP, IT GIVES ANNIES DAD AS JAMES RICHARD NOT THOMAS!!! PLEASE HELP, ITS DROVE ME CRAZY!!! THANKS LAURA XXX

Mary

Mary Report 2 Apr 2005 17:15

will help if I can but your message is not showing (lol) Mary

The Bag

The Bag Report 2 Apr 2005 17:21

have you found annie peach more than once in census with father name Thomas or (what ever the other one was)? Is there more than one Annie peach in the latest census before they married? Jess

Laura

Laura Report 2 Apr 2005 17:22

IN 1901 CENSUS SHE WAS LIVING WITH HUSBAND GEORGE AND HER CHILDREN.

Vera

Vera Report 2 Apr 2005 17:31

Hi Laura, On the 1871 census I have a ANN Peach aged 12 father Richard 1881 census ann Peach 22 sister in law to HAmmonds 1891 census Ann Bacon married to George with Joseph son Any good Regards Vera

Laura

Laura Report 2 Apr 2005 17:37

DOES IT SAY THERE PLACE OF BIRTH? IN 1891 ANNIE WAS WITH GEORGE IN BULLWELL NOTTS AND SON JOSEPH GB BACON AND DAUGHTER ANNIE MAUD.

Smiley

Smiley Report 2 Apr 2005 17:37

Another 1871... Thomas Peach 36 Beeston, Nottinghamshire, England Head Nottingham Nottinghamshire Mary Ann Peach 36 Blackfriars, London, England Wife Nottingham Nottinghamshire Ellen E Peach 15 Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Nottingham Nottinghamshire Anne Eliz Peach 12 Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Nottingham Nottinghamshire Mary Ann Peach 9 Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Nottingham Nottinghamshire Eliza Jane Peach 4 Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Nottingham Nottinghamshire Jane Harriett Peach 2 Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Nottingham Nottinghamshire Harry Ed Peach 2 months Nottinghamshire, England Son Nottingham Nottinghamshire The address is 58 Newcastle St Image also says Annie..not Anne

Laura

Laura Report 2 Apr 2005 17:38

IN 1891 SHE REFERS TO HERSELF AS ANN HER AGE IS 32

Laura

Laura Report 2 Apr 2005 17:39

HELLO SMILEY SAMMY, THEY ARE THE FAMILY I THOUGHT WERE MINE AND HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING. THE MARRIAGE CERT' HAS CONFUSED ME!

Smiley

Smiley Report 2 Apr 2005 17:46

It certainly seems as though the birth cert & marriage cert you have are for 2 different Annie Peaches. Oh dear!

Vera

Vera Report 2 Apr 2005 17:47

Hi Laura, This Ann Bacon lives in Bulwell on the 1891 census. All the census' has her name as ann If you want images. please send me your e-address Regards Vera

Laura

Laura Report 2 Apr 2005 17:55

THANKS VERA, IF THE NAMES ARE AS FOLLOWS I HAVE IT; GEORGE COAL MINER 31 ANN 32 ANNIE M JOSEPH GB. I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING THROUGH THE WHOLE COUNTRY TO SEE IF THEIR NAMES COME UP. THANKS AGAIN X

Vera

Vera Report 2 Apr 2005 17:59

Hi Laura, Yes they are the ones. Regards Vera

Vera

Vera Report 2 Apr 2005 18:03

Hi Laura, Like most of us who family tree we know all to well about 'brickwalls', I do hope yours is tumbling down. Good Luck :-) Regards Vera

Smiley

Smiley Report 2 Apr 2005 18:09

So am I right in thinking the marriage cert you've just received is definitely the one you want.. as George Bacon is yours? But now the Peach birth cert is doubtful, as the fathers names differ from birth to marriage? If so, you picked the wrong Ann/Annie Peach birth..yes? Marriages Dec 1881 ----------------------------- BACON George Basford 7b 321 PEACH Ann Basford 7b 321 If the above is your marriage, then I would definitely doubt the birth as Ann has no middle name. What age does it give for Ann on the marriage cert? And what was JAMES RICHARD's occupation?

Laura

Laura Report 2 Apr 2005 18:20

THATS THE MARRIAGE CERT' I HAVE ITS THE ONLY ONE THAT MATCHES BOTH NAMES. IT HAS NO REASON TO SE INCORRECT IT ALL MATCHES. SO YES ITS ANNIES BIRTH CERT THAT SEEMS TO BE WRONG. ON THE MARRIAGE CERT DEC 1881 HER AGE IS 22 AND SHES LIVING IN SELSTON. HER FATHER IS JAMES.

Smiley

Smiley Report 2 Apr 2005 18:24

Yes, James...but what is down as his occupation?

Smiley

Smiley Report 2 Apr 2005 18:25

This looks like your Ann/Annie, the ones Vera mentioned earlier I think. Richd Peach 31 Kirkby, Nottinghamshire, England Head Selston Nottinghamshire Hannah Peach 34 Kimberley, Nottinghamshire, England Wife Selston Nottinghamshire Elizabeth Peach 13 Kimberley, Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Selston Nottinghamshire Ann Peach 12 Kimberley, Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Selston Nottinghamshire Hannah Peach 10 Kimberley, Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Selston Nottinghamshire Joseph Peach 9 Selston, Nottinghamshire, England Son Selston Nottinghamshire Joyce Peach 6 Selston, Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Selston Nottinghamshire James Peach 3 Selston, Nottinghamshire, England Son Selston Nottinghamshire Mary Peach 2 Selston, Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Selston Nottinghamshire George Peach 4 months Selston, Nottinghamshire, England Son Selston Nottinghamshire