Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FRC for BMD look ups Sat 15/01/2005

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 8 Jan 2005 11:35

Hi, i am hoping to get to the FRC next Saturday. For those of you who have BMD searches to do that would cost a fortune on 1837, post them here with as much detail as you can and I'll see what I can find :) Regards Ann

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 8 Jan 2005 12:12

Thank you for your kind offer! Please could you look for Mary GOLDSWORTHY born Sept 18937-Sept 1838 in the Helston district of Cornwall.

Ann

Ann Report 8 Jan 2005 13:18

Decided to go today as well leaving soon. Any last minute requests? Ann

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 8 Jan 2005 13:26

If I have caught you would it be possible to check for the birth of sARAH, jANE hARPER, BORN 1837 IN bRIGHTON sUSSEX, FATHER tHOMAS hARPER PLEASE, HOPE THIS IS ENOUGH TO GO ON....sorry for typing...Helen

Ann

Ann Report 8 Jan 2005 13:29

Yep you caught me, just trying to get hubby to hurry up, bribing him with a visit to Waterstone's to get some more books to add to his ever increasing library Thank God Islington has book shops :] Ann

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 8 Jan 2005 13:41

LOL brilliant thanks Ann, had to bribe mine with a steak dinner for a walk round a graveyard tomorrow..Helen

Ann

Ann Report 8 Jan 2005 20:24

Hi Twinkle, Hubby found your Mary, I might get him interested yet :] Mary Goldsworthy, June 1838, 9, 121 Helson Regards Ann

Ann

Ann Report 8 Jan 2005 20:26

Hi Helen, Sorry no luck on Sarah Jane Harper we tried 1837-1839. Let me know if you think it would be worth me looking later. Regards Ann

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Jan 2005 21:35

Hi Ann, If you are still going to FRC next week I would appreciate a look up for my great grandfather's death. I think he died in Sheffield after May 1893. That was the date of his wife Mary's death and he was shown as present at death on certificate. She died at Burnt Tree Lane Sheffield. He is not showing on 1901 census. His name is William Woodruff, born in Glossop c 1833. Could also be John William Woodruff. That name was on one birth certificate of his children but only William on 6 others!! Kind regards, Margaret

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 8 Jan 2005 22:04

Hi Ann many thanks for trying, I think she was missed off, or hidden in a parish register somewhere, almost positive no later than 1837....for once the census ages don't vary!! Cheers Helen

Christopher

Christopher Report 9 Jan 2005 01:34

Hi Ann, if time permits please could you look up the following for me: Deaths - Ralph Dickinson, 1851 Bolton Dec quarter Vol 21 Page 141 + 1892 Garstang Sept quarter 8e 434 / Henry Dickinson 1905 Sept quarter Ulverston 8e 455, I cannot seem to find either of them in Lancashire after 1851 census. Also could you also look up a marriage for Harry Dickinson, Leigh 8c 440 March 1902. Any additional information listed would be much appreciated ie. parents, witnesses etc. Thank you, Jennifer Dickinson.

Ann

Ann Report 9 Jan 2005 10:39

Hi Dawn, The FRC is the Family Records Centre. It is in Myddleton Road in Islington. I live in Catford so it takes me an hour to get there. At the minute I am using it for Birth, marriages, Deaths searches as I have not got back very far with my tree as yet. But I believe there are lots of other records there too for when I get further back. It is free to search all the indexes, so saves a fortune on 1837online. Regards Ann

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 9 Jan 2005 11:42

Thankyou very much Ann (and husband).

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 10 Jan 2005 12:57

Hi Ann, I would appreciate a look for Francis Kennedy born in Bermondsey sometime between 1847-1851. This is taking all his ages on the various census into consideration. Many many thanks, Lorraine

Geoffrey

Geoffrey Report 10 Jan 2005 19:20

Hi nice offer Could u please look up deaths of G F JONES b1848 MARY A JONES b abt 1853 both died FALMOUTH after 1901 many thanks

Pauline

Pauline Report 10 Jan 2005 21:24

Hi Ann, If you are snowed under with requests I really could do with help on this brickwall, Joseph Spafford born about 1888 Warington Lancs. Mother Maria Spafford father William Spafford although they were not married but both having same surname. On 1891 he was 2years old. thankyou pauline

Anne

Anne Report 11 Jan 2005 07:55

If you have time Ann..............The birth of FANNY ARCHER born c 1856 Handsworth Yorkshire, I have her baptism at Handsworth10/10/1858, but according to the various census and her marriage cert I would put her birth at 1856. Thank you for the offer Anne

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 11 Jan 2005 09:54

Hi Ann, Don't worry about my lookup now. I have checked and it isn't there :( regards, Siobhan

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 11 Jan 2005 10:48

Ann, this is a bit of a long shot, but could you please look up Robert Siddle, born somewhere around the Cleckheaton area, probably about 1900. I'm not sure of anything as my grandmother doesn't like to talk about him (he's her father... previous family hurts) but if you could find a birth record for him, I'd be eternally grateful. UPDATE - I though he was born in 1900, as she was born in 1919 - BUT her mother was born in 1892, so maybe he was born around the same time?

Jane

Jane Report 11 Jan 2005 12:30

Ann you are a very kind soul to make such a generous offer. I have found my ggg grandfather's death and was about to apply for the cert, but would you be able to get me the info on the cert. The reference is 1B 213 Islington Jan-Mar qtr. His name was Samuel Remington, he may have been born maidstone kent around 1771. Thanking you Jeannie