Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Going to Manchester Records Office = ON HOLD

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Jan 2005 00:21

No more requests for the moment please. I'll be going in again next week but I still have a few to get thru from this batch and I'm not going to be around much over the next few weeks so it wouldn't be fair to take any more look up requests. Lou xx

chezzy

chezzy Report 8 Jan 2005 00:46

Hi lou,sorry to bother you..was wondering if you could poss(only if you have time)find anything out for two of my rellies??bit out of practise cnt remember if you can use what i have?? know Charles Hall married Martha/margaret Watson in 1901 manchester in june/july/aug thats all i have..anything at all would be brill.dnt worry if not.thanx cherie

chezzy

chezzy Report 8 Jan 2005 01:12

hi lou..Anything as l know very little.have to wait to order the cert til feb as i already got loads for xmas(sorry just excited and impatient) poss yrs of birth as i dnt know the locations they were born in and quite pop names.

Lynsey

Lynsey Report 8 Jan 2005 01:20

hi lou, thanks fir the offer. i was wondering if you can find anything on the inmates of salford union workhouse. i am looking for details of my great grandmother annie truscott around 1910/1911 she was there with her daughtwer edith. Any details would be appreciated thanks

Lynne

Lynne Report 8 Jan 2005 05:06

Hi Lou Lynne from New Zealand. My original request was re the SHUFFLEBOTHAM's and I am still very much interested please in any additional information you can find. Thank you. Glad to hear your son is okay. All the best in 2005 and God bless you! Lynne xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Jan 2005 07:20

not sure info you can help me , I am looking for a birth or christening for a thomas ashton b. manchester 1799 I dont know his parents I believe the father could be samuel ashton as on IGI this seems to be the only one but need this checked for the possibilities for any others.

Lynn

Lynn Report 8 Jan 2005 15:33

Hi, im trying to trace my tree and ive been stuck for over a year now grandad william mylett born ashton 1904 vol 8d page 516 died march 1976 his father i think !!! no one seems to know if this was his name john mylett born 1881 newton heath vol 2l 608 died around 1954 ive been told married annie riley only one I could find was march 1898 prestwich 8d 392 that would have made him 17yrs my grandad william married cecilia dornford crompton born 23/5/08 vol 8d page 1567 also from manchester my dad was harold mylett born in cheetham jan 1931 died 2001 i have tried to trace the mylett family to no avail it is doing ancestry sites etc if you go to manchester office and you have time i would appreciate it. LYNN

John

John Report 8 Jan 2005 15:45

Hi Lou, could you look up details of my grandmothers first marriage,it was at St.Thomas's,Pendleton,Salford,Fanny Hall/James Singleton marriage was in 1898 June quarter ie somewhere between April and June.If possible I would like to know James's age occupation and his father's name and occupation,as for the original lookup I asked for marriage of David Hall /Mary Ann Read 1838,I have decided to risk sending for cert so wont need that lookup. Many thanks,hope your little boy is doing well now, regards, John

Diane-Lee

Diane-Lee Report 8 Jan 2005 16:20

hi lou glad to see you back online.happy to hear little lad is o.k . i requested info on thomas crowther ,you had builders in at the time.thanks for the offer Diane

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 9 Jan 2005 02:54

Hi again Lou! If you get the chance to look at the Dukinfield/Stalybridge parish registers, could you possibly look for the burial of a John Sugden in 2nd quarter 1839? Would be interested to see what age he was and any other info that was recorded (unfortunately, ages are not in the GRO index for these early deaths). Also, would be interested in the baptism details of any children to John & Mary Sugden: Ann (1842), Hannah (1844) & Ben (1846) - and especially JOHN (c1839). In 1851 John was shown as born in Marsden Yorks but by 1861 (if I have the same person!) he gave his birthplace as "Oldham". Someone has already kindly checked the Oldham births for me, which is why I'm expanding my search to the surrounding towns (and this family of John senior & Mary seem to fit!). The family moved from Marsden sometime before 1841 (I suspect around 1839, which may explain the confusion as to John junior's place of birth). Many thanks, Richard

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jan 2005 21:23

Lynn Sorry, but what information exactly are you looking for and for which of the people you've mentioned? Lou

Barbara

Barbara Report 9 Jan 2005 22:10

Lou, I had a request on your original thread. I have since found the birth (I think - will find out when the cert arrives) so you can cancel my look up request and do someone elses instead. Many thanks for the original offer though. Barbara

Diane-Lee

Diane-Lee Report 10 Jan 2005 09:38

Hi Lou, It was Thomas Crowther`s birth in 1832 in Hulme and also could you have a look on 1841 census to see where he was living. I have him on 1851 lodging with a Millwright (he was an apprentice aged 19)in Oldham.I hope this is not too much if it is don`t worry.Thanks again Regards Diane x

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jan 2005 22:56

Pat In that case I can't help, sorry, Manchester doesn't hold the records for Bootle. I'm not sure where does, possibly Liverpool or Southport? I'll have a look for the death for Catherine for you though cos she comes under the Manchester district Lou

John

John Report 11 Jan 2005 15:38

Hi Lou, I have been waiting for ages for a marriage certificate from Manchester cathedral but it doesn't look too good. I am waiting for a Joseph Lawton who married margaret Shawcross at the Cathedral on the 20th Jan 1828. If you could get some info on this that would be great!! Also I am looking for a Joseph Lawton b 1836 in barton Upon Irwell. I know the index only starts from 1837 so where do I start? His parents where the ones above. Best Wishes John

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2005 16:11

Lynsey Sorry, couldn't locate any workhouse records for the period you wanted Lou

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2005 16:13

Diane Couldn't locate a birth for Thomas Crowther in Hulme. Checked 1830-1835, quite a lot of Thomas Crowther's but nothing listed as Hulme. The 1841 census is also just a 'headcount' and only lists the Head of Household so a 9 year old Thomas wouldn't show up Lou

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2005 16:13

Siobhan Burnley not covered by Manchester, sorry, but Ann Frowd has a thread on both the Tips and Records Boards. She's going to the Family Records Centre in London this coming weekend, if you post her a message I'm sure she would take a look for you Lou

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2005 16:14

Irene It will either be Manchester or Ashton under Lyne and I can check either for you if you want to let me know the details Lou

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2005 16:17

Pat Couldn't locate a death that matched Catherine but a lot of the more 'recent' films were being used so could only view a few Lou