Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wiltshire look up offer!! _ RESULTS!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wifey

Wifey Report 1 Nov 2004 15:08

I'm off to the Wilts record office in Trowbridge on Wed evening. If you'd like a look up, please give as much info as possible and I'll do my best. If I don't get all done this week, I'll do some more the week after, as I usually only get a couple of hours each time I visit. Paula

Bronwyn

Bronwyn Report 1 Nov 2004 16:16

Hi Could you look up some parish records for me please. Firstly, the marriage of George Chalk and Ann? at Whiteparish. Their first child was baptised in 1840. Secondly, a marriage between William Harris and Susanna ? in Salisbury. Their daughter Hannah was baptised at St Edmunds 24/11/1793 but I have no idea how long they might have been married. Thanks for the offer. Bronwyn

Wifey

Wifey Report 1 Nov 2004 17:10

Hi Bronwyn, I'll certainly do my best! Bye for now Paula

Susan

Susan Report 1 Nov 2004 20:57

Hi Paula Many thanks for your very kind offer could you please look in the Parish Records for the birth of Susanna Phillips c1829 in Hindon, Wiltshire. Susan

Wifey

Wifey Report 1 Nov 2004 21:16

Hi Susan, I'll do that for you! By the way, where is Hindon. I've never heard of it! Best wishes Paula

Susan

Susan Report 3 Nov 2004 00:12

Hi Paula Hindon is a lovely Wiltshire village just south of Salisbury with a great coaching inn called The Lamb - we stayed there in September and although I was able to do some searching in the Library in Salisbury I could not search parish records so am very grateful for your offer. If you ever get the chance to go to Hindon do I am sure you will like it and make sure you have a meal at The Lamb. Susan

Frederick

Frederick Report 3 Nov 2004 06:11

Paula, Could you have a look for any information on George Weston born Meilksham Wiltshire in 1859 /1860 and Elizabeth Weston (nee Farmer) born Chippenham Wiltshire in 1868/ 1869. Anything at all Mums and Dads names, address and occupations. I do not know whwn they married

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 3 Nov 2004 14:54

Hi Paula, I wonder if you could be so kind and find for me any info on his family and b/m for JAMES CREWES B abt 1849 Salisbury Wiltshire.He married Mary Ann Rivet (formally Williams) If you could I would be most grateful,Thankyou Kind regards Lorraine

June

June Report 3 Nov 2004 17:00

Hi Paula, could i possible take you up on your kind offer, i'm looking for a Birth of a James Razey b about 1835 in Oare Wiltshire, And i'm also looking for his Marriage to Hannah ??????????? b about 1825 in OAre Wiltshire they would have been married about 1858 as their eldest child George Razey was Born in 1860 in Huish Wiltshire, any help appreciated, thanks june

Wifey

Wifey Report 3 Nov 2004 21:44

Hi Bronwyn, Good news and bad! Firstly, I looked for a marriage in Salisbury St. Edmund for William Harris and Susanna, but unfortunately nothing there! If you want me to, I can look in other churches of Salisbury for their marriage next time I go. Secondly, marriage in Whiteparish 5/2/1839 George Chalk,24,b, lab, whiteparish, s of William Chalk, lab Ann Light (couldn't read age), whiteparish, d of James Light, lab. (Sorry, I couldn't read who the witnesses were as the fiche was very faint) Hope this helps you. Best wishes Paula

Wifey

Wifey Report 3 Nov 2004 21:49

Hi Susan, This is what I found for you. Hope it all ties in! Baptisms in Hindon 1/7/1827 William Phillips, s Philip and Mary, Hindon, lab 8/3/1829 susanna " " " " , sweep 3/6/1831 John " " " " " 7/6/1835 James " " " " " 5/5/1839 Henry " " " " " And these while I was looking for something else. Also in Hindon 19/7/1846 Frederick Phillips, s Philip and Mary, Hindon, sweep 5/9/1852 Mary Ann Phillips, baseborn dau of Susanna, hindon, spinster. Best wishes Paula

Wifey

Wifey Report 3 Nov 2004 21:54

Hi Frederick, Well, I could find no mention of George Weston in Melksham, but I did find these. They may be of use somewhere! Melksham St. Michael 1851-1863 26/10/1851 Eliza Weston, d William and Elizabeth, Melksham, lab 30/11/1851 Eliza Weston d James & Martha, forest, lab 30/7/1856 emily augusta weston, d James & Martha, forest, lab 27/2/1859 fanny weston, d James & Martha, forest, lab I also checked between 1864-1870, but no Westons at all. Time flew so I didn't get chance to look for Elizabeth Farmet in Chippenham, but if you leave it with me, I'll look next time I go. (usually every week, give or take a few) Best wishes Paula

Wifey

Wifey Report 3 Nov 2004 21:59

HI lorraine and June, Sorry I couldn't look up anything for you this week. I had already left by the time you had posted your messages. I will be going again in the very near future, so I've added them to my next "to do" list. Bye for now Paula

Sarah

Sarah Report 3 Nov 2004 22:01

David Phillimore born c 1843 in Chute Wilts married Ann born 1845/6 in Tangley Wilts. It would be good if you could find out her maiden name and their marriage details. Also the parents of Isaac Phillimore who was 63 in the 1851 census born in Chute Wilts. He married someone called Bridget who was 10 years younger and born in Ludgershall. Hope you don't get too inundated. Thanks for any info you can get Sarah

Wifey

Wifey Report 3 Nov 2004 22:02

Hi Andrea, Sorry I couldn't look up anything for you tonight. Did you want parish records or census info looked at? I will do parish records, but the censuses are on film and me and films don't get on! Let me know and I'll look next time I go. Bye for now Paula

Wifey

Wifey Report 4 Nov 2004 10:40

Hi Sarah, I've added yours to my next list! Bye for now Paula

Annabel

Annabel Report 4 Nov 2004 11:32

Hi Paula have you had time to have a look for my NEW family I am still seaching but no sign of them cheers ANN

Susan

Susan Report 4 Nov 2004 19:45

Hi Paula You Star - thank you so much for looking up my Susanna Phillips and for all the information about her brothers I cannot thank you enough. I do hope you were successful in your own research. Best Wishes Susan

Bronwyn

Bronwyn Report 5 Nov 2004 11:58

Hi Paula Thank you very much for the Chalk information. I have a name at long last. I would be very grateful for another look at Salisbury records for William Harris and Susanna. Sorry I have not thanked you earlier but I was in the Bristol record office most of yesterday - so if you ever need a lookup there please let me know. Bronwyn

Sue

Sue Report 5 Nov 2004 21:19

Hi Paula, Thanks very much for your search offer. If you are making another visit, Could you possibly look for Hezekiah Phillimore d. aged 77, March 1868 as I'm wondering whether he might be related to Isaac (see Sarah's search request (on 3/11/04 I think)- Sarah is my sister!). Ive also found a Henry Phillimore b1798 in Wiltshire, but can't find anything else. We would both be delighted for any more info. Many thanks Sue