Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

india records...new thread...keep them coming ! TH

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gemma

Gemma Report 22 Oct 2004 11:10

Starting a new thread, please see message on last thread (India names-many uk related) THREAD ENDED...SEE NEW THREAD STARTED 26/06/05

Edna

Edna Report 22 Oct 2004 11:19

Hi Gemma, Could you please see if you can find my gr grandfather, his name was THOMAS CRITCHLOW, he was in the army but don't know what regiment stationed in India but not sure of the years, I think it was sometime between 1875 & 1882 as I can't find him on 1881 census

Gemma

Gemma Report 22 Oct 2004 12:00

EDNA ( CRITCHLOW) similar record. replied personally

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 22 Oct 2004 15:34

Hi Gemma is there any sign of a George William Poole all I know he was in the army in India late 1890 till the 19----.just a wild hope as this is all I know. he is on the 1891 census but not on the 1901 census. Here is hoping Regards Margaret

Olgiza

Olgiza Report 22 Oct 2004 18:45

Hi again Gemma, thanks for looking, Roger GC

Gemma

Gemma Report 22 Oct 2004 18:47

Margaret (POOLE) Surname found, sent you a personal rep.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 22 Oct 2004 19:13

Hello Gemma, Am desperately seeking info on Charles Wright, Royal Garrison Artillery, am trying to find his marriage details, or his Army number, or anything that's about him. Would be very grateful, Thankyou!.

Murky

Murky Report 22 Oct 2004 19:35

Could you look up an Albert Victor Norbury (b. 1870) - he was in the Indian Ordanance Department in India in the early 1900's Thanks Mark

Gemma

Gemma Report 22 Oct 2004 19:54

Sorry Christine and Mark, I don't have anything with these names. Christine-Did he serve in India? if so you may be able to get his army papers from The British library-India office collection. Thats where i got my g-g-grandads.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 22 Oct 2004 19:56

Thanks Gemma, this is where I need to be heading!..

Sally

Sally Report 22 Oct 2004 23:09

Hi again Could you please check for a Philip DALEY/DAILEY/DALY? He was in Barrackpore and Agra circa 1860's Many thanks Sally

Ann

Ann Report 23 Oct 2004 10:41

Hi Gemma Thank you for kindnes. I have previously asked you for alook up for a William Henry Mitchell who was in the 35th Regiment of Foot in 1881 based in Worcestershire. Having gone back through my info spelling of surname was Michell would this have made a difference to your search. If not then accept my apologies for being a pain in the bottom. However if it might could I impose on your kindness for another look up for this elusive man. He dissapears until 1899 when he appeared on my Grandmothers birth cert. Thank you again for your kindness.Kindest regards Ann

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 23 Oct 2004 11:20

My g g grandfather was in the army. He was in the 2nd Battalion, 20th Foot. I am wondering if any of his children were born in India in 1863, 1864. The women & children were in Dum Dum. HIs name was John Irwin, born in Ireland. His wafe's name was Elizabeth. Thanks

Jelly

Jelly Report 23 Oct 2004 17:15

Hi, looking for a JAMES McDONALD born c 1835, Scotland (possibly Golspie). was at Battle of Sebastapol in 1855 then at seige/relief of Lucknow India with 93rd Sutherland Highlanders in 1857. Any info appreciated. thanks. Julie

Maggie

Maggie Report 23 Oct 2004 17:29

Hi Gemma, I'm looking for the Woodhouse family. Rev Albert and wife Annie. All children born in India. Don't know if your list will include these as Albert was part of the Church Missionary Society Thanks Maggie

Gemma

Gemma Report 25 Oct 2004 09:52

Hi...sorry for they delay...site has been playing up since Friday. SALLY DANAHER (DALEY ect) personal reply, other person on old link looking up the same name. KAREN FROM AUZ ( IRWIN) Irewin found, sent a personal reply. MAGGY IN SUNNY SUSSEX (WOODHOUSE) sorry only got Woodward. JULIE ROBERTSON (McDONALD) sorry i've got loads of Mc's but not Mc DONALD. ANN RABY (MITCHELL/MICHELL) i did check all varients last time....sorry. MICHELLE RICHARDSON (PINKER) there were a few P's which I could not read properly, i will have another look to see if any look like PINKER. will also look at other spellings. I will reply direct if I find any. SORRY FOR THE DISSAPOINTMENT TO PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T HAD ANY LUCK WITH THIS. I HAVE BEEN RECIEVING LOADS OF MESSAGES DIRECTLY WHICH HAVE BEEN VERY FRUITFUL. Gem

Debbie

Debbie Report 25 Oct 2004 10:38

Hi Gemma I wonder if you could find anything out about a Charles Day who served in the 2nd of the 12th regiment I think he was in India between 1865 ish and I cannot find him in 1881 on the England Census. So I think he might of still been out there then. He had a couple of children born there. His wife was Jane. Any help appreciated. Thankyou Debbie

Mardi

Mardi Report 25 Oct 2004 14:32

Hi Gemma, Sally Danaher has been helping me find the Daley family and probably didn't realise that I had already asked you for a lookup on your other thread. I've just noticed that you've sent her a message. Sally has been wonderful and through her I've been able to get Christopher Daley's birth certificate (born Agra), but still havn't been able to find William who was born in Barrackpore. Getting Christophers birth certificate has given me Philips regiment details, which was a great break through..I've been searching for this family for so long now that their name is branded on my brain! Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know that it is the same family. regards, Kaye.

Sam

Sam Report 25 Oct 2004 15:48

Hi Gemma, William Bernard Sharpe Born 1913. Any Info gratefully received. Thanks Sam Gemma, My father William Bernard Sharpe was born in India in 1913. He married a Kathleen Williams in 1938ish (not my mother) whon was also born in India. Their daughter Colleen Mabel Sharpe was born in Calcutta in 1939. I have no idea about how to trace any records relating to him (I was a "secret" child born as a result if an affair and none of the Sharpe family new of my existence. My father died in Mallorca in 1984 and there is no trace of his death in Family Recoreds Centre even though he was a British Citizen. Any help really gratefully received. many thanks Sam

Gemma

Gemma Report 26 Oct 2004 13:11

MICHELLE RICHARDSON (PINKER), not even Stinker, sorry I checked through everything... DEBBIE IN HANTS ( DAY) sorry he is hiding with Michelles Pinker ! SAMANTHA MORIARTY ( SHARPE), sent you a personal reply