Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birkenhead Photos

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 2 Aug 2004 15:18

Still here if you want a pic of somewhere in Birkenhead. Leave a message and i'll get back to you. Dan

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Aug 2004 15:52

Hiya, Thanks for the offer .... how far are you from Liscard ? Address on my G Aunts birth cert 1898 says: 64 Elgarth Street Liscard Sub District Wallasey, Reg District Birkenhead would this be too much out of your way ? I will understand if this is too much ... but would love a picture of the address IF its still standing ? Thanks, whatever the outcome Elaine :-)

Daniel

Daniel Report 2 Aug 2004 15:57

Definatly Elgarth? Had a look on Multimap for modern maps and another site which usually finds the old addresses but without success.

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Aug 2004 16:32

Hi Dan, Yes, looks like it but you know what this oldy worldy writings like ... and they have cut the bottom of the writing off ... so its harder to deciver. ! Never mind ! Possibly not there anymore ! What about Wright Street, Liscard, ? thats where they lived when the birth was registered the following month !! Talk about Gypsy's ... mine never stayed anywhere longer than a month or so ! Elaine :-)

Daniel

Daniel Report 2 Aug 2004 16:38

I've got a wright street in Wallasey District on the old maps.

Daniel

Daniel Report 2 Aug 2004 16:40

Also just found it on modern day. It is a bit out of my way but i'll try and get there.

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Aug 2004 16:47

Dan, Is this Wright St within distance for you to take a photo ?? If its out your way, then I will understand ... but this G Aunt is one I remember from my childhood, so any info thats related to her I really would appreciate. Elaine :-)

Daniel

Daniel Report 2 Aug 2004 16:49

It's about a 10 min car ride but i cant drive yet. I'll try and get there either by dad or on bus. Any particular address or just the street?

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Aug 2004 16:56

Hi Dan, Please don't worry about it, it does seem out your way, so I can wait ! No number for the addrees that I can read so it would have been the street anyway. Thanks for your offer anyway, much appreciated. Spend your time on someone who needs you a bit closer to home. Thanks a million Elaine :-)

Daniel

Daniel Report 2 Aug 2004 16:59

No no, I said I would try and i will.

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 2 Aug 2004 21:25

Just so you know Wright Street is in Egremont find King Street turn into Tobin Street and it is off there. There is an Eldon Road in Liscard. Linda x

Daniel

Daniel Report 2 Aug 2004 21:57

Hi Linda, I've got the latest street directory from Wirral Council so i shouldn't get lost. If i do i'll call you.

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 2 Aug 2004 22:01

There is an Aysgarth Road maybe that is it? Ellery Park or Egerton Street could have been mis transcribed, any way just a thought good luck! Linda x

Daniel

Daniel Report 2 Aug 2004 23:00

You reading this Elaine?

Daniel

Daniel Report 3 Aug 2004 10:57

Nudge

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Aug 2004 11:02

Just picked up on it ....! just gonna have another look on birth cert ... back in a min Elaine :-) Grr. ! 95% sure it starts with E, what I thought was an L could be the bottom loop of the E ?, def g, looks like ar /or, def t , but now then the above date 1898, the stick on the 9 in coming down onto the word SO what I thought was an h could be an o followed by n (Egorton - Egerton - Elgarton ??) Def says Liscard underneath BUT would uc on the end of Liscard make any difference ( can't make out what it is, they have chopped the bottom half of the word away ) Wright Street would do just as well ... but PLEASE DON'T go out of your way ...

Daniel

Daniel Report 3 Aug 2004 11:16

Liscard comes under the Wallasey part of Wirral. I'll try and get a pic of Wright Street for you. Stop fussing.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Aug 2004 11:22

I'll e.mail you now, then you'll have my e.mail address. THANK YOU ... I hate to think anyone goes out their way just for me, makes me very humble !! E.mail on way in one min THANKS Elaine :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Aug 2004 11:48

Hi Dan, please can you do another one for me sometime, its 49 Linwood Road, Tranmere near Mersey Park. The home of my gt grandmother in the 1930s, many thanks Janis

Daniel

Daniel Report 3 Aug 2004 12:19

Ok Janis and Elaine I got the email ok.