Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lancashire 1851 census Look ups available

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Melvyn

Melvyn Report 26 Jul 2004 16:27

I can do lancashire 1851 census look ups. I need town and street if possable and i you give me your email address i will send you an image of the census. Please note that i will try to answer all look ups as quick as i can but i have to fit it in around my work.

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 26 Jul 2004 16:34

Hi Melvyn can you send me the image for the following if poss McEvoy, Arthur Folio 2179/4 Page 830...sorry don't have the address. And if poss could i also be pushy and ask if you would check 17, Bute Street, Everton, Liverpool for Timothy Rafter...I am very grateful for your offer...Helen [will also mail you dierect just in the hope ...Thanks]

Melvyn

Melvyn Report 26 Jul 2004 16:41

Hello helen is page 830 right it only goes up to 457

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 26 Jul 2004 16:45

Hi Melvyn, that was the ref given by Paul who did a look up for me a couple of days before...he couldn't find it himself so rather than him having something missin it looks like a mistake....never mind i'll have to go back to the dtwing board i think. Thanks for trying...Helen

Melvyn

Melvyn Report 26 Jul 2004 16:51

Helen i have looked in bute st Everton and i could not see a tim rafter. On mc evoy have you got a town

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 26 Jul 2004 16:56

Hi Melvyn....ahhh Tim elusive as ever...Arthur McEvoy was in Liverpool, St. Pauls and exchangeParish, with Thomas, Rose, Elizabeth, Edward and Catherine McEvoy....I hope lol..Thanks Helen

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 26 Jul 2004 17:09

Hello Melvyn, Firstly thanks for your kind offer. Could you check 24 Wignall Street, Trinity Ward, Parish of St Luke, Preston. There may be a family called GORNALL or HIGSON living there. Also Atkinson Street, Preston for GORNALL. I hope this is enough information for you to search with. Kind regards Jenny

Paul

Paul Report 26 Jul 2004 20:55

Hi Melvyn, As Helen says, I found the folio number for her look-up but on checking my 1851 Lancs census I found that the pdf files were missing in fact two were missing from that folio, I take it your copy is the same? Paul

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 26 Jul 2004 21:08

hi, many thanks for your offer. the address i have is from an 1845 birth certificate. the family were william walker, wife mary, and i only know of one child also william[ aged 5/6] the address is ' greatmount street, in the parish of deansgate, manchester.' i believe some of the census material for that area was badly damaged, so please do not spend too much time on it if it is very difficult to read, many thanks again, sue.

Susan

Susan Report 27 Jul 2004 07:31

HI THANK YOU FOR YOUR OFFER COULD YOU PLEASE LOOK UP 20? OGILVIL STREET CHARLTON ON MEEDLOCK SALFORD MANCHESTER NOT SURE ON THE NUMBER BUT IT IS THE STREET FOR THOMAS WILLIAMSON 36 JOINER AND AGNES WILLIAMSON 34 BOTH BORN IN SCOTLAND THEY WERE THERE IN THE 1861/71/81 CENSUS I DONT KNOW WHEN THE MOVE FROM SCOTLAND THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN SUSAN

Melvyn

Melvyn Report 27 Jul 2004 15:12

Hello Susan, I am sorry but the area that you have asked for census is very badly damaged and i am unable to really make heads or tail sorry. If you need a any more look ups please get in touch.

Melvyn

Melvyn Report 27 Jul 2004 16:50

nudge

Lynda

Lynda Report 27 Jul 2004 19:03

Hi Melvyn Yes please to a look up! Sorry don't have an actual address!! Mary Collins dob 3/5/1836 Denton (poss st Lawerence) father John, mother Mary Many thanks Lynda [email protected]

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 27 Jul 2004 21:09

many thanks for looking melvyn, i now know for sure that it is unreadable. cheers, sue.

Anne

Anne Report 27 Jul 2004 22:36

Hi Melvyn I would be very grateful if you could find time to look up the following please.... George White and Jane nee Mason Addresses connected to them around 1851.... 20 Fawcitt St, Manchester 36 Lever St, Manchester 1 Lee St Manchester Names on 1847 marriage cert George White..Chairmaker Jane Mason...a minor Thomas White ...Chairmaker James Mason .. fustian cutter ( type of material ) Witnesses Thomas Mason and Jane Mason Hope that this is possible. Many thanks Anne

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 31 Jul 2004 11:43

Hi Melvyn Thank you for your kind offer/ Could I ask for a look up please for the 1851, Im looking for Jospeh and Mary Bleakley in Bolton,Could be living in Spring Gardens, Many thanks Claire

Chris

Chris Report 31 Jul 2004 12:01

Hi Melvin Could you look up John Littlewood, London Rd, Manchester, sorry but thats all i have on him, i dont know what part of manchester hes in Thanks Christine

Sue

Sue Report 31 Jul 2004 12:08

Hi Melvyn Thanks for the offer. Can you lookup Richard Trafford (b 1841). He should have been living with his parents in Croston - in Drinkhouse Lane/Drinkhouses I am interested in any Traffords in Croston as I have traced nearly all of them to my tree. Thanks Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Jul 2004 14:21

Hi Melvyn, Hope this isn't too much to ask: Salford area I THINK/HOPE ! (age in '51) Elizabeth Shawcross b 1815 (46) ; William Shawcross b 1820 (31) ; Emma Shawcross b 1822 (29) ; Louisa Shawcross b 1826 (25) ; James Shawcross b 18?? ; Jane Shawcross b 1829 (22) ; Hoping to find the above children still at home with Mum Sarah. I don't know if Mum married again but she was widowed in 1829. I appreciate that this is a big ask ... sorry I have no other info to offer. Children all christened at Manchester Cathedral but Dad was an Auctioneer in Salford so I'm presuming the family stayed in Salford ?? Elaine :-) Will understand if I haven't provided enough info.

Melvyn

Melvyn Report 31 Jul 2004 14:40

Hello Elaine, Sorry but the Salford Census returns are really badly damaged and I could not make them out sorry :( If yo ever find the folio number get back me and we might be able to make them out. Kind Regards Melvyn