Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish origins..look ups SORRY ALL GONE

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 9 May 2004 15:53

I have some spare Irish origins credits left if I can help anyone. [will be later on tonight] As much info. as possible please. Mail me direct as I am the worlds slowest typist, then I can just send you the results.

CATHKIN

CATHKIN Report 9 May 2004 16:20

COULD YOU PLEASE LOOK FOR A JOHN CALDWELL BORN IRELAND IN 1846-ABOUT.I`M SORRY I HAVE NO OTHER DETAILS BUT HE`S ON 1881 CENSUS IN RENFREW MARRIED TO AGNES CALDWELL-MY HUSBAND`S GREAT,GREAT GRANDPARENTS. THANK YOU, ROSALYN

Tracey

Tracey Report 9 May 2004 16:33

hi Helen I'm looking for any info on my grandparents William Joseph Kirwan and Edith Lavinia Coupe born around 1897 in Dun Laorghaire in Co. Dubliln, Williams father was John but that's all I know. I know it's a longshot but you never know!! and Thank you for any help you could give. Kind Regards Tracey

Jackie

Jackie Report 9 May 2004 17:56

hi helen , i would be ever so greatfull if you could find anything on ,my grt grandads family , they were from saintfield county down. his fathers name was thomas mccarroll born around 1850 his mother was jane mccarroll ( maiden name skelly) born around 1853 . my grt grnada was born in saintfield 1876. dont know if this would be enough for you . its about all i have apart from thomas mccarrolls father was a john mccarroll . thankyou regards jackie.

Roger

Roger Report 9 May 2004 18:17

Hi Helen I'm really struggling to find out details about my Irish roots and have very little information. If you can help I'll be very grateful, however if you can use your credits to better effect please do so - I will understand. I'm looking for John O'Neill b 1891 at Glendalough, Co Wicklow. He had two brothers Tom and George and a sister called Cissie (not sure if this is an abbreviation). They all moved to Barrow in Furness Lancashire after 1901. That’s all I know. Many thanks for your offer. Roger.

Bernadette

Bernadette Report 9 May 2004 19:23

Hi I am looking for any members of the Quirke family in the townland of Whitepark Roscrea co tipperary, however in the 1850/60s this townland may have come under offaly .i am struggling with this section of the family so any help welcomed tanx Berniexxxxx

George

George Report 9 May 2004 19:39

Can I have the details of the 2 Fullerty's exact match coming up in the griffiths valuation database? Thank you George

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 9 May 2004 22:08

Nichola No returns in Griffiths Valuation in Ballyseedy for any permutation of Collins/Powell. On Geocities, don't know if you already have this: Extract of Kerry Marriages 1882 part 1 Barony of Trughanacmy place - Ballyseedy date - 09 may Year - 1882 First name groom - Edward surname groom - Powell age - F status groom - S occupation groom - soldier address groom - Tralee Bks first name father[groom] - Jhn surname father[groom] - powell first name bride - Margt surname bride - collins age - F status bride - S occupation bride - servant address bride - Ballyseedy first name father[bride] - Denis surname father[bride] - Collins Hope it helps - sorry no more Helen

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 9 May 2004 22:13

Hi George, yours was easy so hope no one else minds I did it out of order... Occupier Last Name/ Occupier First name/ Lessor Last Name/ Lessor First Name/ County/ Parish / Townland Fullerty/Margaret/Maclean/JohnR/Antrim/Shankill/Townparks Fullerty/Daniel/Lennox/John/Londonerry/Magherafelt/ Annaghmore Hope it helps..Helen

George

George Report 9 May 2004 22:31

Thanks Helen!

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 9 May 2004 22:54

Rosalyn, There were 116 Griffiths valuation returns, so don't think I would be able to help by giving you all those . 1851 Antrim census shows 3 John Caldwells all wrong DOB aged 18, 21, and 5 months.....printed them off just in case you want them. Again wrong date found baptism 1839 in Lavey Parish Co. Derry for a John Caldwell. Sorry! Helen

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 9 May 2004 23:27

Hi Tracey, Irish origins is only searchable up to 1864, so went with John Kirwan, and Coupe on it's own [not many of them] there were no returns for Coupe on the valuations in Dublin at all. The only origins info that came up refered to Samuel Coupe. Found 15 valuation returns for John Kirwan, Dublin County, these are lessors of land/houses from 1847-1864, which would probably make these guys a little on the mature side for having kids in 1897, but not impossible, if you want me to send you details pls mail me direct..Helen

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 9 May 2004 23:52

Hi Jackie, got 7 returns on Thomas McCarroll, but none in Co. Down, saved them anyway. But got 15 Skelly returns actually in Saintfield Co. Down. If you want me to send them to you pls mail me direct, if not I will type them out if you like.... Helen

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 9 May 2004 23:59

Hi Roger, there were 3573 returns on the Griffiths valuations under O'Neill, but none with Glenalough. The dates are too late for any other origins info, SORRY! Helen

Roger

Roger Report 10 May 2004 00:05

Hi Helen Thanks for trying. Roger

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 10 May 2004 00:32

Hi Nancy, had 1 return on Griffiths valuation for Nicholas Byrne Queen County and 16 for James Byrne, Roscommon. Pls mail me direct and I will forward them or if not I will type them up[....I'm very slow at typing, have warned everyone now on my intro message lol ] Helen

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 10 May 2004 00:49

Hi Bernadette, all I can find is 9 Griffiths valuations for Quirke in Offaly county, pls mail me direct or let me know if you need me to type them Helen

Barbara

Barbara Report 10 May 2004 00:50

Hi Helen, If you have any spare credits left I would really appreciate a look up. Hope I have enough info, if not I apologise. Mary Anne Booth(I think of Dublin)protestant marriage to Joseph Thompson(of Maryport, Cumberland) early 1860's as first son born 1864. Thank you so much for taking time to read this. Regards Barbara

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 10 May 2004 01:01

Hi Sue, searched 1750 to 1864, nothing for Catherine anywhere, 4 Griffiths valuations for Edwin, in Longford and wicklow but none in Cork, let me know by direct mail if you want those cheers....Helen

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 10 May 2004 01:18

Hi Barbara Rose, Sorry all I could come up with was 2 Griffiths Valuations for a Mary Jane BoothE in Dublin and 4 other Mary Booth/e's in other counties, No Mary Anne's at all. As usual if you want what I found any way I have kept it pls mail ma direct SORRY! Helen