Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Liverpool Gores 1911 & 1938 Available For Look Ups

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colette

Colette Report 2 May 2004 16:31

Hi I own the Liverpool Gores Directories for 1911 & 1938 lists head of house and there occupation if they have one. Regards Colette In Southport xx

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 2 May 2004 16:39

Colette, Please can you look up a Woods family. Richard Woods married to Frances Edith or Edith Frances Woods nee Platt. Toxteth Park area. Thanks

Colette

Colette Report 2 May 2004 17:53

Hi There was one Richard Woods in Toxteth area 1911 living at 10 Kentmare Rd Toxteth no occupation listed. Colette xx

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 2 May 2004 18:22

Thanks, was he living there by himself? Can you also try a Richard Woods in the Port Sunlight area of Liverpool please. Thanks

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 2 May 2004 19:25

Hi Colette, can you look in both for Dolan, John, cheekily another, Burke, Francis. Think Dolans may be tabacconists? Cheers Helen

Colette

Colette Report 2 May 2004 23:16

Fifi & Angel The directory only lists the head of the house its a bit like the phone book of today but gives an occupation. Col xxx

Colette

Colette Report 2 May 2004 23:22

Hi Helen one John Dolan listed living at 6 Cyprus Vale Grt Crosby no occupation. There was a Thomas Charles Dolan Cigar Manufaturer ( W. Ariel & Co) 35 Everton Rd. Regarding the other names is it a Francis Burke you need as i wasnt sure. Col xx

Colette

Colette Report 2 May 2004 23:23

Fifi & Angel No Richard Woods in Port Sunlight area or on the Wirral do you have an occupation for him at all. Col xx

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 2 May 2004 23:28

Hi Colette, Nice to see you back, have sent you an email, regards trish

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 2 May 2004 23:39

Hope you got a nice suntan from your hols. Colette can you please do a lookup for Chadband,Westfield Road,L9. much appreciated, regards trish

Lovettpod

Lovettpod Report 2 May 2004 23:54

Hi Colette, Dolan cigar manufacturer, that's mine...what year was that or was it both? Yes it was Francis Dolan. Brilliant many thanks.......Helen

Diane

Diane Report 3 May 2004 06:31

Hello Collette, Thank your for your Look Up offer, it is very much appreciated. I would like info on: William Hawkins, stonemason/wood carver, could be at St. James Place or Mount Pleasant. Bert Healy a dentist living around Brownlow Hill/Mount Pleasant area. Thanks a million. Diane NSW Australia

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 3 May 2004 09:07

Thanks for the info Colette. Sorry I have no occupation for Richard Woods. I will go by the info you gave me. Fi

Lisa

Lisa Report 3 May 2004 10:05

Hi Colette, Thanks for your kind offer to do look up's. Could you please see if George William Hankinson was living at 10 Lunt Road, in Bootle in 1911 for me? That's where he was in 1913. I'm trying to work my way back to 1908 to see where he was!!! He has been registered as a 'painter' & a 'general labourer' in other information. If you find him, if the information is available could you please tell me what other names were at his address. Also if you have time could you please look for Clara Amy Liston of Liverpool? She would have been only 24 so may not be in the directory, she married a John R. Evans 4 years later in 1915 at Chorlton, but her mother Margaret Liston aged 54 probably is in the directory & Clara may still have been with her. Thanks so much Colette, I really appreciate it. Best regards, Lisa (in Australia).

Shannette

Shannette Report 3 May 2004 13:27

I'm not sure if you can help as it's Birkenhead I need. If you can the firm is a jewellers Palfreyman and Pyke and it's the Palfreyman side I'm interested in. Do you need any other details? Thanks.

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 3 May 2004 14:00

Hi Colette, I've been researching the DUXBURY name in Liverpool and have managed to get back as far as possible. Now I am trying to fill in all the modern day branches. If it is possible could you have a look for any DUXBURY entries. in both directories. They are mostly (but not all) butchers living around the Pembroke Street area. Thanks very much. Kathy (Hoylake)

Colette

Colette Report 3 May 2004 14:52

Hi Trish no Chadbands listed in 1911 i will check the 1938 for you. Col xx

Sandi

Sandi Report 3 May 2004 14:56

Could you please look to see if you have a Leonard Hardwick in the 1911 please. I think it would be Toxteth or Walton Area Thank you very much Sandi

Colette

Colette Report 3 May 2004 15:01

Sorry Diane i looked in both no William Hawkins or Bert /Albert Healy Healey. Colette xx

Colette

Colette Report 3 May 2004 15:02

Hi Trish sorry no Chadband again in the 1938. Colette xx