Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HOORAY - SOME OF 1901 CENSUS IS ON ANCESTRY

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jools

Jools Report 12 Apr 2004 22:45

I'm sure this wasn't on 9pm tonight (monday) Berkshire Hampshire Kent London Surrey Sussex Oh bliss and great joy. It's not immune to transcription errors though - I've just searched for male Howes in London and found Ada Howes described as a male by ancestry when it is quite clear on the image that she is female.

Eames

Eames Report 12 Apr 2004 22:50

OMG.. Yayyyyyyy !!! I see it on Ancestry.. woohoo!

Jools

Jools Report 12 Apr 2004 22:55

Aren't we a sad lot - it takes so little to please us!!!! No more battling with the pro credit card system. Yippee, hooray, OMG, bells, whistles and roman candles. Now why couldn't they have put it on yesterday so we could burn the midnight oil and not have to get up for work in the morning?? Jools

Annie

Annie Report 12 Apr 2004 22:57

Oh wow There goes my early night ... Ann

Eames

Eames Report 12 Apr 2004 22:59

Max, Yopu should have it.. try and search for smiths and it should come up 1901 on it - or clear the cache!

Eames

Eames Report 12 Apr 2004 23:09

Max, yay! :) Now I gotta find this damn family .. luckily it's in London.. but grr STILL cant find them.. but I know I'll be searching allllll night til morning.. Bet the others are planning for that (providing they not got work in the morning! LOL) T

Eames

Eames Report 12 Apr 2004 23:12

LOL .. arent we sad?! We're soooo excited and full of joy.. <laughing> Oh dear! T x

Susanne

Susanne Report 12 Apr 2004 23:15

Well thats saved me £2.00 already! Just confirmed GGranddad and the household was on 2 seperate images.... No more spending a fortune on PRO:-)

Annie

Annie Report 12 Apr 2004 23:15

Go for it Max .. you've done LOADS for the rest of us. I've found stacks of stuff already ... Now all I need is Gloucester and Glamorgan on 1871 and ... never satisfied me! xxx Ann xxx

Eames

Eames Report 12 Apr 2004 23:17

Can I say... ? NER NER to 1901 Census at PRO ...! <blows raspberry> I think Ancestry definately worth the money !! T x

Eames

Eames Report 12 Apr 2004 23:20

Max, I do wonder how PRO feel about losing it's customers... ? <smirk>

Eames

Eames Report 12 Apr 2004 23:23

Oooh Max.. didnt think of that! cooo ... time for more pushing and whinging..! COME ON.. 1911 is needed.. I need it desperatly ! Well ..not THAT desperate lol T x

Mary

Mary Report 12 Apr 2004 23:36

All this euphoria spare a thought for those of us who don't have any rellies in the few areas released,we're still stuck with paying for our info.GRRRRRRR. I'm not jealous really just pleased that some people can now blow raspberries at PRO. Good luck to all those with rellies in Hampshire Surrey etc,etc Mary

Eames

Eames Report 12 Apr 2004 23:38

I'm sure it wont be long! Mind you.. didnt know that Ancestry was doing 1901 then... thought it was after 1871 is completed.. But they're far ahead with it.. ! T x

Eames

Eames Report 12 Apr 2004 23:43

LOL so am I ! Oh the joy of it. Think my fingers will die by the time I finished it - well if I do finish it.....?

Eames

Eames Report 12 Apr 2004 23:47

LOLOL Max! That got me in fits of laughter! T x

Annie

Annie Report 13 Apr 2004 00:00

I was gonna say they can't answer back ... But somehow they seem to xxx Ann xxx

Karen

Karen Report 13 Apr 2004 00:09

Yep, I found it quite by accident. was looking on wales census for gough, searches came up 1 in 1901 census. thought I was seeing things.

Eames

Eames Report 13 Apr 2004 00:14

Ann, Answer back? How I wished! I'd ask endless questions .. like "WHERE ARE YOU IN THE CENSUSES THEN?!" lol T x

Marlene

Marlene Report 13 Apr 2004 04:53

Kia ora DELIGHTED for you all. Now who will be first to offer look ups for 1901 to we Colonials I wonder??? We'll know exactly who has burned the midnight oil searching for their own family!! Who hasn't cooked dinner for hubby, who hasn't washed, ironed, fed the cat! I guess the Easter Bunny does exist, just late in some places! Enjoy your Easter treat. I always know my FAIRY family will come to the party on their birthdays and today is Grandma's 115th!! SO ENJOY MY FRIENDS! and remember - Ancestors never die they simply lose their census! Cheers Marlene in NZ