Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 Thread FAULT!!!!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Apr 2004 00:08

There is a technical fault with this thread, I can't seem to add any more replies!! So will start a new one and hope it's GC not me!!

Little Lost

Little Lost Report 1 Apr 2004 06:52

Hi Michelle, Thanks for the images on the other thread of my Smith family.Something I am puzzled about. George W Smith is married to Mary Ann on 1891 census. I could not see the date but I believe they are usually at the end of March. But their marriage is under the December quarter for that year.Does that mean they were living in sin and lied on the census form??? Gloria

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 1 Apr 2004 08:24

So nice to have new thread! I wonder if you could find Joseph Penston b.1850, wife Miriam b.1846 and household? Many thanks for all your help.

Julie

Julie Report 1 Apr 2004 08:32

Hi Michelle, Thanks so much for your offer. Could you look-up another on of my brick walls please? William Madden wife Louisa Madden not sure of ages possibly30 ish. They should have at least one daughter called Bridget Anne Madden born 1883 in Fulham. I have Bridgets birth cert. but can`t find her on any of the censuses. Many thanks Julie

Julie

Julie Report 1 Apr 2004 08:40

Hi Michelle, would I be cheeky if I asked you for another look-up.My gr grandmother. Edith Jane Davies or Davis born 1885 in Llandrindod, Nantmel Wales. (radnorshire) As you can see such a common name in Wales. Many Thanks Julie

Joyce

Joyce Report 1 Apr 2004 08:45

Hi Michelle, So good to find an 91 lookup at the beginning of the list. Can you check a Joseph Moffatt age 21 +/- 2 on Co durham , I think it would be the Chester le st census because he lived in Lumley area.Many thanks. Cheers Joyce

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 1 Apr 2004 09:29

hi michelle please could you lookup the following people. henery clough b1845 preston elizabeth clough b 1851 bolton martha clough b1879 preston emma clough b1888 clitheroe isabella clough b1891(2) clitheroe anything you find will be appreciated thanks tracy

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Apr 2004 09:41

Hi everyone Have taken down all your details and will do look-ups and get back to you all tonight Cheers Michelle

Susan

Susan Report 1 Apr 2004 16:09

Hi Michelle - could you look up for me my grandfather, John David Jones who was born in Hull 1890/91. His father was also a John David Jones. Any information on mother, siblings, address, would be wonderful. Thank you

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Apr 2004 21:10

Ness Could you give me an area at all? Cheers Michelle

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Apr 2004 21:17

Julie Hi sorry nothing coming up for the Maddens - do you know Louisa's maiden name? What was the address on the birth cert? Edith Jane Davies All that came up was this one _ THOMAS DAVIES 48 Head born Llanyre Radnorshire Farmer (retired Carpenter) ESTER DAVIES 47 Wife born Hargest Herts FRED DAVIES 11 Son born Llandrindod EDITH DAVIES 9 Daighter born Llandrindod JOHN DAVIES 6 Son born Llandrindod NELLIE DAVIES 4 Daughter born Llandrindod The Bank, Llanbister, Radnorshire Source RG12/4583 Dist Knighton Sub Dist Llanbister Folio 8 Page 10 Have saved image if you e-mail. Cheers Michelle

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Apr 2004 21:18

Joyce (David) Please could you send me an e-mail and I'll send you the listings I have so we can narrow it down. Cheers Michelle

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Apr 2004 21:22

Tracy HENRY CLOUGH 45 Head born Preston Cotton Room Overlooker ELIZABETH A CLOUGH 39 Wife born Bolton Cotton Weaver MARTHA A CLOUGH 12 Daughter born Clitheroe EMMA CLOUGH 3 Daughter born Clitheroe 22 Hayhurst St, Clitheroe, Lancaster Source RG12/3388 Dist Clitheroe Folio 11 Page 15 Isabella must have been born after the census. Image saved for you if you send e-mail Cheers Michelle

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Apr 2004 21:23

Susan Please could you send me an e-mail for listings. Do you know John David Jones Senior's birthplace? Cheers Michelle

Dot

Dot Report 1 Apr 2004 22:59

Hi Michell, Could you please look up Robert Michael Willis. Newcastle-on-Tyne probably still living with his parents. dont know who they are. Many thanks

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Apr 2004 23:45

Dorothy Hi Do you know his age at all and was he born in Newcastle or just living there? I have listed the ones that are coming up with Newcastle Global Search Results Name Age in 1891 Birthplace Relationship to head-of-house Civil parish County View Census? Willis, Robert 29 Newcastle, Northumberland Boarder Gateshead Durham Willis, Robert 33 Newcastle, Northumberland Head Stockton on Tees Durham Willis, Robert 27 SCT Boarder Elswick Northumberland Willis, Robert 30 North Scarle, Northumberland Inmate St Nicholas Northumberland Willis, Robert 9 Newcastle on tyne Son Carlton Colville Suffolk Willis, Wm Robert 24 Newcastle upon Tyne Son Isell Old Park Cumberland Cheers Michelle

Dot

Dot Report 2 Apr 2004 01:49

Sorry no have emailed you. Thankyou.

Kaz

Kaz Report 2 Apr 2004 07:59

hello michelle thanks so much for sending me the images, youve been a great help many thanks kaz

Stephen

Stephen Report 2 Apr 2004 08:43

Hi Michelle, you have helped me before so i feel a bit bad asking for more help, but if you don't mind i am trying to find out about Albert Edgar Exworth born Witham 1872 died 1945, did he have any brother or sister and who was his parents? like many other members i am at a brick wall. thanks very much, Steve

Michelle

Michelle Report 2 Apr 2004 09:06

Stephen Don't worry about asking - I'll gladly help if I can anytime. I think I've found what you're looking for.It's a case of mis-transcribing!! GEORGE ALLEN 57 Head born Bentley Essex Ag Labourer ELEANOR ALLEN 57 Wife born St Oeyth Essex ALBERT EXWORTH (TRANSCRIBED AS ESWORTH!) 18 Lodger Single Raiway Porter New Cut, Gt Bentley, Essex Source RG12/1404 Dist Tendring Folio 57 Page 10 .......................................................... I found him and his family on the 1881 census (transcribing gets worse!1) Samuel E. WORTH Head M Male 36 Framlingham, Suffolk, England Rail Engine Driver Caroline WORTH Wife M Female 32 Stisted, Essex, England Alice E. WORTH Daur Female 9 Chipping Ongar, Essex, England Scholar Albert E. WORTH Son Male 8 Witham, Essex, England Scholar Ellen M. WORTH Daur Female 7 Witham, Essex, England Scholar Charles J. WORTH Son Male 4 Witham, Essex, England Scholar Ernest E. WORTH Son Male 5 m Witham, Essex, England Source Information: Dwelling Scrivener Terrace 5 Census Place Witham, Essex, England Family History Library Film 1341436 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 1809 / 66 Page Number 23 ...................................................................... this is the rest of the family in 1891 (actually correct!) SAMUEL EXWORTH 46 Head born Framlingham Suffolk Engine Cleaner CAROLINE EXWORTH 42 Wife born Stisted Essex CHARLES EXWORTH 14 Son born Witham Grocers Assistant EARNEST EXWORTH 10 Son born Witham Braintree Road, Witham, Essex Source RG12/1425 Dist Braintree Folio 47 Page 4 Have saved images for you if you e-mail me direct - I have to go out today so don't worry if you miss me I'll get them to you tonight! cheers Michelle