Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have the latest BVRI and 1881 on disc

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 18 Nov 2003 06:48

If I can help anyone with lookups for the above then please contact, will be glad to help. I work nights so will be slow answering but will get to you asap. cheers Debbie

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 18 Nov 2003 08:22

Hi Debbie, thanks for the offer! Have had previous VRI's checked, but just in case there is any new info.. I am looking for a marriage for William Henry Peterson and Elizabeth Benson. Eldest known child born about 1848. I have them in Poplar in 1851. Have got 1881 discs myself, so don't need a search on there. Thanks. Maz. XX

Sharon

Sharon Report 18 Nov 2003 09:36

Hello I would be grateful if you could do a couple of lookups for me when you get time. I am looking for Ringrow's that come from the East End of London(Mile End,Stepney,Limehouse) and any info about the Pizzie family that come from Aldbourne, Wiltshire. Thankyou Sharon

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 18 Nov 2003 18:19

Hi I am trying to find the baptism/birth of James Vale from West Wratting Cambridge born around 1795. I have the parish records but he is not on that so maybe from somewhere nearby. Many thanks-I just keep trying! Rosemary

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Nov 2003 18:25

Hi Debbie, I am still trying to find the marriage of William Woodruff(e) and Mary Brown(e). Their 1st child was born in Jan 1870 in Aldershot Camp. Wm was a soldier and Mary was from Limerick, Ireland. He was born c 1834/38 in Glossop, Derby and Mary c1845. I have them on 1881 census in Hougham Kent and Sheffield on 1891 census. Hope latest BVRI can help me as I have been looking for 4 years now!! Thank you, Margaret

Irene

Irene Report 18 Nov 2003 19:06

Hi Debbie Thank you for your kind offer. Could you please check out a birth for Samuel Henry Cornish. Could also be baptised as Henry John Cornish. I have dates of abt 1834 in South Pool Devon and 1842. Died between 1872-1881 and 1871 in St Saviour. I wish to obtain certificates for this family member. Can you vertify any of the dates for me. Thanks for helping a newbie. Irene in NZ

Deborah

Deborah Report 19 Nov 2003 08:01

Hi all Ive seen your messages and will get back to you shortly cheers Debbie

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Nov 2003 10:25

Hello Deborah Thanks you for your offer I am looking for the birth of a Richard Chantler, on the 1881 census he is shown a Chanter without the L. It states he was aged 19 at the 1881 census time and born in Kentish Town. The name Chantler is sometimes spelt Chandler with a D. Ta very much Linda

Shona

Shona Report 19 Nov 2003 10:59

Hi Deborah, I am looking for the marriage of Peter Lynch and susan Orr in Hadington, East Lothian, Scotland. 1854 Thanks Shona

Heidemarie

Heidemarie Report 19 Nov 2003 14:37

Hi Deborah Not sure if you can do this as it's vague- can you check for a marriage around 1880-1881 between a thomas lloyd and a esther in Wales. Thanks heidi

Christina

Christina Report 21 Nov 2003 04:21

Can you look up Andrew Bawden born around 1910, possibly Wimbledon area of London. Also his father Also Andrew Bawden born 1864? Croydon? registration area, and a marriage for him after 1884?. Robert Tucker [father Edwin] born around 1884-6 this one has proved elusive with GRO and previous VRI lookups. Annie Warner born Battersea or Fulham around 1890 [father Robert] Many Thanks Christina

Jackie

Jackie Report 21 Nov 2003 19:58

Hi Debbie! Can you help? Am very confused. Am looking for the birth record of Henry Barrett, born Gunthorpe, Norfolk in 1806. I know he married in Hull in 1838, but this was his second wife (Ann Copley, Castleford) His father was John - no idea when John was born or when died, or who Henry's mother was. Can you find any birth/death record ref. for John (probably about 1780ish) too, or marriage? Hope I'm not asking the impossible with so little info. to go on. Just hoping that I get lucky somewhere along the way! Jackie

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 21 Nov 2003 20:30

Hi Debbie, only if you can please,I'm looking for:- births & marriage's if poss. John King born Bristol abt.1828 he married a Sarah Cox she was born in Stroud. I have them on the 1881 with their family. Richard Ackland born Great Torrington Devon abt.1827 he married Mary A. (???) she was born in Devonport I don't know when but they had a daughter Mary Jane Ackland born abt.1861 in Plymouth.I have them on the 1881 also. John King and Sarah are Mary Jane's in laws as she married their son also John in 1882 I have that cert. Would be greatful for any info at all, many thanks. Jill

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Nov 2003 20:13

This is getting lost Debbie.

Lilian

Lilian Report 24 Nov 2003 23:41

Hi Debbie, Please look on the BRVI for William John Lindon (Linden), born about 1858, I don't know where and his father John Lindon, don't know when or where. Also John Williams, born about 1831 in Wrexham and Margaret Williams, born about 1848 in Bangor. Many thanks, Lilian

Shirley

Shirley Report 25 Nov 2003 08:04

Hi could you look for the birth of John Inman b 1828 Wincanton Somerset. Also Sarah Hallett b 1833 City Might be Clerkenwell. Thanks Shirley

Christina

Christina Report 29 Nov 2003 04:30

Nudge its getting lost.

Sandra

Sandra Report 29 Nov 2003 05:18

Hello Debbie, Thank you so much for the offer. I have been having problem locating birth record for ggrandfather Henry Stow. Supposedly he was born May 29, 1881 in London (probably East End) and on wedding certificate he listed his father as Walter. I know he had one sister. Not sure of any other siblings. He was a rogue and was inclined to stretch the truth to suit him. I don't know if his parents were actually married as I have found no listing for them on 1881 or 1891 census. In fact not one single Henry Stow on the 1891 census fits his profile. He sometimes also went under the last name of Jacobs. So, if I should be so lucky perhaps you might find a birth for me. Thank you in advance for your time. Sandra

Marion

Marion Report 29 Nov 2003 07:16

could you please do a look up forJames White born about 1785 in Derbyshire He married Ann in Pinxton and was burried there Also a birth of Charles Harris in Derbyshire who was born in 1834 at Horsley Woodhouse according to the 1881 census Thank you Marion western australia

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 29 Nov 2003 14:12

HI Deborah < Can you please look for the following, A marriage between Edward Arthur and Sarah Humphries around 1869/0 eldest child born 1870 could be in Staffordshire/Worcestershire or Wales Thanks Rosie