Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

available for 1851 look ups - Leicestershire

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 15 Nov 2003 15:48

i have the index for 1851 census that covers all of Leicestershire villages, but not the city,so am willing to do look ups . Jane

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 15 Nov 2003 22:42

Hi Jane If your index is searchable by name I would be extremely grateful for any information you can find on the name WYKES, I have them popping up in Sibson and Sheepy Magna areas mainly. Thanks very much! Regards Sally

Dawn

Dawn Report 16 Nov 2003 12:14

Hi Jane, I have some families from Thurmaston hope it's not too much. Solomon Hurst b 1818 and wife Caroline b 1821 I only have 1 son George b 1841 Gilbert family I think the husband was dead by 1851 but his wife was Ann Gilbert b 1811 I know of 1 child Mary ann b 1843 Ann Gilbert was a Thorpe and her parents were Daniel and Ann b 1784 of Thurmaston. I oly have 1 child for this couple Which is Ann. Just one more family in Shearsby Richard Simons b 1813 and wife Rebecca b 1818 I only have 1 child for them William b 1839 Thank you so much for any help you can give. Dawn Hurst NZ

Jane

Jane Report 16 Nov 2003 14:52

Ruth, it is name indexed, all 3 places are covered. if you can give me names i'll look them up for you. Jane

Jane

Jane Report 16 Nov 2003 14:55

Sally, none in Sheepy i'm afraid. in Sibson there's: Ann 51 - no other Wykes in household. John 62 Mary 56 Charles 24 John 23 William 20 Mary 17 Catherine 13 - all in same house hope this helps Jane

Jane

Jane Report 16 Nov 2003 14:59

Dawn, all in South Thurmaston; Ann Gilbert 40 Jane 17 Thomas 12 Elizabeth 9 Mary A. 7. Solomon Hurst 34 Caroline 29 William 10 George 9 no Daniel Thorpe, but there is an Ann Thorpe 70, no others in household. in Shearsby; Richard Simons 38 Rebecca 35 Mary 15 William 11 Ann 9 Thomas 7 Ruben 2 Jane 4mth hope this helps Jane

Dawn

Dawn Report 17 Nov 2003 02:06

Jane, Thank you so much. I can now tie in siblings and their families that I have on the 1881 census Dawn

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 17 Nov 2003 09:44

Jane You are a star!! Thank you very very much! Anything you want looking at in the Coventry area - let me know! Regards Sally, Coventry

Diane

Diane Report 17 Nov 2003 17:18

Hi Jane I'm looking for two families hope you can help THOMAS POTTER from Nottingham b1801 married to Eliza from Loughborough. SAMUEL PERKINS from Market Harborough b1825 married to Elizabeth from Market Harborough b1826 Hope you can find them. Thanks Diane, Leicester

Jane

Jane Report 17 Nov 2003 18:45

Ruth + Diane have sent you both emails direct. Jane

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 17 Nov 2003 23:09

Jane Thank you so much for the Wykes info. I have checked and the head of household looks like he is my 1st cousin 8 times removed!! Do you have any other info on the CD such as address or folio number of any other details such as relationships or birthplaces or occupations? Sorry to be a pain! But I am really excited and looking forward to proving the link! Many Thanks Sally, Coventry

Diane

Diane Report 18 Nov 2003 14:27

Thanks you are a gem!!!!!!!!!! Diane xx

Diane

Diane Report 18 Nov 2003 14:44

Hi Jane Thanks for trying to help find the POTTERS prehaps they were still in Nottingham any info on Samuel and Elizabeth Perkins would be welcomed with open arms. Thanks Diane xx

Eileen

Eileen Report 18 Nov 2003 21:35

Hello Jane, Can you please do a 1851 look up for a James and Ann Nutt, theywhere married Humberstone,but all the children (and there where quiet a few) born in Thurcaston, Leicestershire. If this is to much work, don't worry. Eileen in Portsmouth

Jane

Jane Report 19 Nov 2003 14:06

Sally, glad to be of some help ,but can't tell you anymore than i've given you. All the index gives is name( not middle names though ), age,and a code for the house they were in, so can cross reference the people to find out who else was in same house and work out which village they were living in at time of census, but thats you're lot i'm afraid. Jane

Jane

Jane Report 19 Nov 2003 14:29

Eileen, Had a look for you, but the only Nutt's in Thurcaston were ; Anne 65 Sarah 20 both in same house Also checked Thurlaston and Thurmaston for you, just in case , but nothing i'm afraid. Do you have any other ideas as to where they could be? Or give me a rough idea on ages or childrens name. Jane

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 21 Nov 2003 00:27

Hi Jane Thanks very much anyway! I shall try and find a marriage or something else to prove the link. Thanks for taking the time for me. Regards Sally

Jane

Jane Report 25 Nov 2003 22:21

Jean, is there any clues at which village he might be in .......... as i have 27 volumes to go through, and with only an estimated age it might prove a lengthy exercise. Jane

June

June Report 26 Nov 2003 10:56

Still looking for CHARLES WILLIAM FAULKS. the 1881 census has him born in 1845 and living in Qourndon . Many thanks, June.

Julie

Julie Report 26 Nov 2003 12:49

Hi Jane Any information you could let me have on the Whittington family living in Sileby would be most appreciated. Thanks very much Julie