Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Look up please

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥. Report 8 Aug 2007 11:01

hi everyone,could someone please look up william gratton born around 1837ish,dont know where he was born ,hes parents were john born1796 and martha born 1811 ,siblings henry ,emma,and ann. thank you michelle x

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥. Report 8 Aug 2007 11:10

hi sophie,i have no idea about them ,sorry to be a pain .

Rosalind

Rosalind Report 8 Aug 2007 11:12

What details would you like. I have found a William Gratton living in Richmond Surrey who was born in 1835 with the parents you list and he has siblings.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥. Report 8 Aug 2007 11:12

henry was born in richmond surrey london he is the only one i know where born.1835 any good?

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥. Report 8 Aug 2007 11:13

hi ros ,yes that could be them

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 8 Aug 2007 11:16

Hi Could this be him? 1841 Census: Name: William Gratton Age: 6 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1835 Gender: Male Where born: Surrey, England Civil Parish: Richmond Hundred: Kingston (First Division) County/Island: Surrey Country: England Street address: Occupation: View Image Registration district: Richmond Sub-registration district: Richmond Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Ann Gratton 15 Emma Gratton 10 Henry Gratton 8 John Gratton 45 Pubilican Martha Gratton 30 William Gratton 6 Cheryl x

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 8 Aug 2007 11:19

Hi Parents in 1851: Name: John Gratton Age: 54 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1797 Relation: Head Spouse's Name: Martha Gender: Male Where born: Eccleshall, Staffordshire, England Civil Parish: Richmond Town: Richmond County/Island: Surrey Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View Image Registration district: Richmond Sub-registration district: Richmond ED, institution, or vessel: 2e Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 35 Household Members: Name Age Margaret Donnell 19 Ann J Gratton 24 Emma Gratton 20 John Gratton 54 Pubilican Martha Gratton 41 Cheryl x

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥. Report 8 Aug 2007 11:20

thank you sophie cheryl that sounds like him .

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 8 Aug 2007 11:25

Hi Here's his brother Henry in 1851 working as an assistant at 5,7,9 Regent Street London Name: Henry Gratton Age: 17 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1834 Relation: Assistant Gender: Male Where born: Richmond, Surrey, England Civil Parish: Westminster St James County/Island: Middlesex Country: England Still looking for William Cheryl x

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥. Report 8 Aug 2007 11:32

thank you cheryl x

Rosalind

Rosalind Report 8 Aug 2007 11:40

whilst I was assisting you to find William Gratton I found his father in 1961 and one of my relatives was his servant. What a small world

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 8 Aug 2007 11:50

Hi Possibility that this could be William,with his Grandmother in 1851. And his father was born in Staffordshire but not sure. What do you think? Its the only one I can find that comes close!!! Name: William Gratton Age: 15 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1836 Relation: Grandson Gender: Male Where born: West Bromwich, Staffordshire, England Civil Parish: West Bromwich Ecclesiastical parish: Christ Church County/Island: Staffordshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View Image Registration district: West Bromwich Sub-registration district: West Bromwich South ED, institution, or vessel: 1o Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 120 Household Members: Name Age Rebecc` Gratton 60 Thomas Gratton 12 William Gratton 15 Mary Nork 25 Mary Nork 1 2 Mo Cheryl x NB: Forget this Rebecca not older enough to be his Grandmother!!!! sorry

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥. Report 8 Aug 2007 11:51

oh my god it is a small world . thank you ros x

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥. Report 8 Aug 2007 11:54

thank you again cheryl, it sounds good to me .didnt know hes grandparents names but if thats right then you have just found my ggggg grandparents,thank you again.michelle x

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥. Report 8 Aug 2007 11:58

just see the bit u added at the bottom of page not grandparents haha ,

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥. Report 8 Aug 2007 11:59

cheryl it could be an aunt of hes.

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 8 Aug 2007 12:03

Hi Michelle Could be his Aunt but Rebbecca listed as Widow so she is actually an aunt in law so to speak ( if you see what I mean). Have you found William after 1851? Do you know if he married. Cheryl x

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 8 Aug 2007 12:06

Hi Found these deaths which could explain why he isnt on the 1851 Census. Just a thought maybe?? Name: William Gratton Year of Registration: 1851 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: Richmond Sry County: Surrey Volume: 4 Page: 311 (click to see others on page) Name: William Gratton Year of Registration: 1851 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Lambeth County: Greater London, London, Surrey Volume: 4 Page: 20[79] (click to see others on page) Cheryl x

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥. Report 8 Aug 2007 12:07

yes with you cheryl,no i dont know if he married. thank you for your help michelle x

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥. Report 8 Aug 2007 12:10

oh so he died young poss not married or any off springs thanks again cheryl x