Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

<b>English birth don't know if it s possible!! St

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Aug 2007 02:34

to find the birth of someone born in 1966, I have his birth year, month and date but really want info on his parents. He is still living (aged 41) but his parents are not. Betty

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Aug 2007 02:37

The birth reference on Ancestry will list his mother's maiden name. Rose

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Aug 2007 02:49

Hi Rose, I don't have Ancestry!! So if anyone can help I would rather PM the details to you, it is an unusual surname? added later at 5:30am If anyone can do a lookup of the birth on Ancestry please let me know but I wont be on GR until later now, haven't been to bed yet, will be about 6am. Thanks in advance!! Betty

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Aug 2007 05:43

If you're still up PM me. Rose

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Aug 2007 05:54

Hi Rose, Thanks for doing this, have sent you a PM, really grateful!! Betty

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Aug 2007 06:45

Betty, Have sent you the details of the birth but without knowing the parents' first names it's very time consuming to look for a marriage. Rose

Janice

Janice Report 3 Aug 2007 07:45

Hi Betty, Did the parents die after 1983? If so, you can PM the details to me and I'll see what shows up in deaths ie their dates of birth. Janice

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Aug 2007 08:11

Janice, Betty doesn't know their names. All we have is both surnames. Rose

Janice

Janice Report 3 Aug 2007 08:12

Hi Rose, If the surname is unusual, is it possible to find a possible husband and wife with that name dying in the same area? (Talking post 1983 here not doing a trawl!) Janice

Janice

Janice Report 3 Aug 2007 08:57

OK. Got the marriage in Q4 1954 Husband is James A Will update when I've found wife - there's 13 pages to look through lol! Hope her name isn't Zoe!!! Janice UPDATE wife is Kathleen M OND 1954 Liverpool N 10d 295

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Aug 2007 09:07

Hi Janice, Thats great, thanks for all your help, dont know how you managed it. Betty

Janice

Janice Report 3 Aug 2007 09:12

Betty, Do you know anything else about the parents? There are deaths for a couple with matching names in the right place in 1985 for him and 1990 for her, but that doesn't make sense with the other info you gave me. Their births were 1924 and 1932 - does that sound right? Janice

Janice

Janice Report 3 Aug 2007 09:18

Hi Betty, If that's the correct James, he's a twin! Q3 1924 James Alfred and Joan E mother's maiden name Croft

Janice

Janice Report 3 Aug 2007 09:24

But Kenneth would be an adult when these two died. Are you sure his parents were dead?

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Aug 2007 09:26

Hi Janice, I am not really sure about who died first father or mother really, I just know Kenneth was looked after by an aunt. So maybe the two you found could be correct!! Betty

Janice

Janice Report 3 Aug 2007 09:34

This is raising more questions than answers lol! There are very few people with that surname so it would be safe to assume that the marriage I found is the right one, especially as the groom is James and you thought that was his name. The place is correct too. However, unless there are two other people with the same names in the same place and of the same age, then they didn't die until Kenneth was in his 20s. Wonder if mum was ill and couldn't cope with another child so he was brought up by his aunt. What do you think? Janice

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Aug 2007 09:34

Hi Janice, Sorry about this, I am not sure now!! This is all hearsay, passed onto me, I can't be 100% sure of this. Betty

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Aug 2007 09:34

Hi Janice, Just remembered something, I was also told his mother was in hospital for a long time before she died, maybe that would explain it, well maybe! Betty

Janice

Janice Report 3 Aug 2007 09:37

That would make some sense. What happened to the other children, do you know?

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 3 Aug 2007 09:39

Hi Janice, I think they were all quite a bit older than Kenneth, as I said I think he was a later baby than the rest of them. They may even have been married by the time the mother died as there was a gap in their ages between them and Kenneth. Betty