Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

killed on active service

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leni

Leni Report 12 May 2008 15:11

If anyone was killed in W.W.2 would their death be recorded in B.M.D. among civilians?
Gwyn

Sam

Sam Report 12 May 2008 15:16

If they were killed in action abroad then no but if they were civilians killed in a bombing for instance, then yes.

Either way they should be listed on www.cwgc.org

Sam x

Leni

Leni Report 12 May 2008 15:20

Hi Sam, the problem is I don`t know if he was in the army , navy or airforce.
Gwyn

Sam

Sam Report 12 May 2008 15:27

It shouldn;'t matter unless you are looking for a really common name. What was his name and when/where was he born?

Leni

Leni Report 12 May 2008 15:32

His name was James Edgar Lynam, born in Wales but then his mother took him to Birmingham ,,I do know that he was married in Leicester in 1932 as I have his marriage cert. I have trawled through the death from1976 -1983 then 1984- 2005 .He was born in 1906.I thought he may have been killed in the war, as he was the right age to be called up for service.
Gwyn

Leni

Leni Report 12 May 2008 15:42

Thanks B.P.C.

Gwyn

Leni

Leni Report 12 May 2008 16:01

Thanks Sam for your interest
Much appreciated
Gwyn

Merlin38

Merlin38 Report 12 May 2008 17:20

My uncle died when his ship was torpedoed in the North Sea. His death is recorded in the BMD registers.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 May 2008 17:23

He isn't on the CWGC site...............

Leni

Leni Report 13 May 2008 12:22

Thank you Reggie for looking on the C.W.G.C site for me,

Josie and Sarah thank you both.

Gwyn