Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how much is this costing the country!????

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Matthew

Matthew Report 21 Oct 2003 13:50

The amount of time I/we spend sneaking a peek at this site during the day etc. i'm sure it wont be long before the Daily mail or some equally histerical paper tells us how much we are costing the country in lost working hours!!! £billions i'm sure

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 21 Oct 2003 13:53

What's work?! Jeanette

Janet

Janet Report 21 Oct 2003 13:56

squillions!

BrianW

BrianW Report 21 Oct 2003 14:04

Ah, but how many squillions would it cost for the Civil Service to construct this database which we are doing at our own expense? (And it would be years late and ten times over budget)

Ian

Ian Report 21 Oct 2003 14:52

and it would only serve the goverment to take more of our cash coz you can bet your life they would charge the earth to use it

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 21 Oct 2003 15:26

Hey Matthew Don't swear at us lovely people on GC by using the word ---work--- as Jeanette has said what is work!! Some of us have done our share and more!!! We are keeping our brains alive by looking at this site and a lovely site it is too Retired and proud of it Ann,Darlington

Matthew

Matthew Report 21 Oct 2003 15:29

Ann you are right, please accept my most humble, however i would guess a high majority are people such as myself who are meant to be toiling, so we can reach the pyramid of retirement and all the riches that go with it but going on my work load at present its going to be a long way off.........

Matthew

Matthew Report 21 Oct 2003 15:33

lesley perhaps you didnt have such distractions such as GC, Freinds reunite.. etc etc, (and possily the most boring job in the world)

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 21 Oct 2003 16:43

Matthew Never mind you will be there some day,but don't rush your life away as getting older doesn't alway's come on it's own!! Ann,Darlington

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Oct 2003 17:03

I have to say that it is the housework that suffers these days being retired from paid work! Had I still been working I would have not been allowed to be on the Internet in working hours. Ann Glos

Samantha

Samantha Report 21 Oct 2003 19:01

Hi all, If I admit to you all that I am a civil servant will you hold it against me!?!? I must admit that I have always been interested in family history but this site has got me seriously addicted! The first thing I do when I get home from work is have a sneaky peek (when the hubbys not looking!) to see what I've missed during the day. Sam xx

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 21 Oct 2003 21:17

I'm a student. I cost the country anyway.

We're all crazy now

We're all crazy now Report 21 Oct 2003 21:23

When they (the powers that be) have worked out how much it all costs, they'll probably tax us all for it! Jeannie

Annie

Annie Report 21 Oct 2003 23:35

I got this from a friend who works full time Time spent sneaking a peek at GC while at work - (only twice in lunchhour) 10 mins Time spent talking to people at work about GC - oooh er - 10 mins Time spent talking about my family tree and where I have got with it - 10 mins Time spent listening to people wondering whether I can look up their family trees - 3 hrs Cost per day = approx 20 pounds Weight of bag with work to take home because didn't finish it 20 pounds A

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Oct 2003 23:50

I only work part time purely so I can spend time on here!!

Bryan

Bryan Report 22 Oct 2003 01:23

Matthew Anyway just make sure your Boss doesn't find out or it will COST YOU !! I'm a dear OAP as well it's lovely..after working over 40 years..!! Bry

Janet

Janet Report 22 Oct 2003 10:45

I'm self-employed - working from home - so it's my choice - and MY computer!! Janet

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 22 Oct 2003 10:52

Kathryn S Don't worry about it I am an OAP and I cost the country too. But I don't feel guilty.Ooppss can here hubby coming in must get off this PC. he thinks Family tree stuff is daft but if I enjoy it that's ok!! Ann,Darlington

David

David Report 22 Oct 2003 19:04

Today is yesterday - tomorrow!

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 22 Oct 2003 21:08

On the internet, in work time, for your own pleasure, not you guys surely? you're all too righteous for that. ok quick everyone the bosses are looking away, go for it!!!!!!! Kim