Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with some 1891 info - cream buns on offer!!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maxine

Maxine Report 20 Oct 2003 11:48

Have moved the message below inorder to get better formatting! - thanx for the tip Andrew

Emma

Emma Report 20 Oct 2003 12:01

Hi Maxine, I'll have a look for you. Emma.

Maxine

Maxine Report 20 Oct 2003 12:03

Thanks Emma - you're a star I have taken Andrews advice and copied the message here to try and utilise the spacing - I have also added the missing dates that I know. II am looking for Trivetts in Glamorgan in 1891. John Trivett (b 1846 Shute Devon)married to Emma(b Colyton devon 1847), with children Flora, Lillian and Adrian- where were they living & are there any more children or people in the household? Walter Timothy Trivett (son of the above born 1872 in Devon) married Mary Ann Pickering(born Shreswbury 1872) in Glamorgan 13/03/1891 - are they on the census? if so who are they living with? I am also looking for Hannah Trivett born circa 1818 in Devon, died 1894 in Pontypridd. Where was she living and who was she living with? Finally I am looking for Georgianna (spelling may vary to Georgiana, Georgeana etc..) Pickering born 1833 Bayston Hill Shrewsbury. Was her husband John with her? he was definately alive then, who else was in their household in Shrewsbury? I would be eternally grateful if anyone has chance to have a look for these people for me. Best Regards Maxine

Janet

Janet Report 20 Oct 2003 12:07

Could you give some approx years of birth for any of these? Jan

Andy

Andy Report 20 Oct 2003 12:10

Maxine, If you have a long message to type out and would prefer it formatted, you can initially post a blank message (with title) or post an appropriate message, then type out what you want to say, which of course will be formatted when you post it. If you see what I mean... Andy.

Emma

Emma Report 20 Oct 2003 12:21

RG/4410, Folio 80, page 58 Glyntaft, Eglwysilan, Glamorgan John Trevett, head, mar, 45, general labourer, Devon Shute Emma Trevett, head, mar, 44, Colyton Devon Walter Trevett, son, 19, hauler in colliery, Colyton Devon Thomas Trevett, son, 16, coal miner, Lyme Regis Flora Trevett, daur, 9, scholar, Pontypridd Lilian Trevett, daur, 6, scholar, Pontypridd Adrian Trevett, son, 3, scholar, Pontypridd Hannah Hitt, mother in law, ret. lace maker, Devon Hatford John Lyte, lodger, 18, coal miner, Somerset Letton Fred Lyte, lodger, 16, coal miner, Somerset Letton 94 Coedpinman Road

Emma

Emma Report 20 Oct 2003 12:33

Maxine, RG12/2111, folio 30, page 19 St Julian Shrewsbury 45 Longdon Colsham? John Pickering, head, 59, farm labour, Wellington Shropshire Georgena Pickering, wife, 53, Shrewsbury Harriett Pickering, daur, 24, Shrewsbury Rose Pickering, daur, 11, scholar, Shrewsbury Matilda Pickering, 9, scholar, Shrewsbury Emma.

Emma

Emma Report 20 Oct 2003 12:34

Maxine, On the schedule for John Trevett - Hannah is indexed as Hitt although when you look at the schedule this is very unclear. Is she Hannah Trevitt that you requested a look up for do you think? Emma.

Andy

Andy Report 20 Oct 2003 12:40

Regarding Hannah (the mother-in-law), my guess is that 'Do' for ditto was initially written but then the surname was written on top. It looks as if a W has been written on top of the D, and the next letter looks like an 'a'. To my eyes, the surname looks like 'Waitt'. Hannah is also 73 years old according to the census.

Maxine

Maxine Report 20 Oct 2003 12:41

Hi Emma Thanks for all your efforts I really appreicate it. I am pretty sure that you are right and Hannah Hitt is Hannah Trivett (also spelt Trevatt, Trivatt. Trevitt etc...!). It looks like her husband Thomas was dead by then, so she moved in with her son and family as a widow. You have also managed to provide me with an aproximate DOB for John Pickering, which I didn't have before, and also missing sibblings for My great grandfather Walter Trivett. Thanks so much - I can't tell you how grateful I am , there is definately a cream donut coming your way. Regards Maxine

Maxine

Maxine Report 20 Oct 2003 12:46

Hi Andrew I think the W may just stand for Widow, but it is definately the Hannah I ma looking for, not too many 73 year olds around in those days. Regards Maxine

Maxine

Maxine Report 20 Oct 2003 12:49

You have answered all my questions, but can I be really cheeky and add another? I was expecting Mary Ann Pickering to be either with the Trivetts or with her family in Shrewsbury, but she is neither. Is there any chance you can pin her down for me and tell me where she was living and who with? (It will help answer an age old question of how my great grandparents met in the first place - how on earth did she end up in Wales?!) regards Maxine

Andy

Andy Report 20 Oct 2003 12:51

Hi Maxine, She is a widow and that is indicated, two columns along from her name. I wouldn't want to put money on my hunch about the name being Waitt, but the way the word is written is totally different to how Trivett is written. Just my thoughts for what they're worth... Andy.

Emma

Emma Report 20 Oct 2003 12:56

Maxine, Do you have an approximate age of birth for Mary Pickering? Emma.

Maxine

Maxine Report 20 Oct 2003 13:04

Hi Emma Mary Ann was born 1872 , Shrewsbury so would have been around 19 Regards Maxine

Maxine

Maxine Report 20 Oct 2003 13:07

Hi Andrew It is always possible that she remarried, but she was registered as Hannah Trivett when she died. I am inclined to think it was just a case of "Census takers dropsey"! Thanks for looking though - I really appreciate it a great deal. Maxine

Emma

Emma Report 20 Oct 2003 13:12

Maxine, The only two possibles that I can find at the moment are: Mary Pickering, serv, 20, born Thenab Shropshire in Stockport Cheshire Mary Pickering, niece, 17, born Donnington Wood Shropshire in the household of Arthur Wallis Hanse and Ruth Hanse in Gloucestershire. Do you want details of either or both of these? Emma.

Maxine

Maxine Report 20 Oct 2003 13:20

Hi Emma Those 2 are definately not my Mary Ann, as she was definately born in Shrewsbury. Do you know what date the 1891 census took place, as I am wondering if she was mary Ann Trivett by then, as they were married 13/03/19891. Regards Maxine

Emma

Emma Report 20 Oct 2003 13:38

Maxine, The census took place in April so they should have been married, unfortunately I still can't find her. I'll keep searching and hopefully she'll turn up!! Emma.

Maxine

Maxine Report 20 Oct 2003 13:42

thanks for all your help Emma