General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Good news!.re g granddaughter.

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 16 Dec 2013 19:50

After a traumatic 14 weeks of waiting for an improvement in Katies condition.
Going through all the set backs,infections ,cardiac arrests,prognosis,even the prospect and question of the young parents letting her go,which was only a fortnight ago ...at last there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

She went down for an operation last Thurs to remove the tubes to her lung .
They found a lot of tissue that had gathered around the opening to the lung,possibly due to her trying to pull the tube out.They removed it and she is now breathing much better with just the oxygen cannula in.
She is still being fed by tube and yesterday they heard her cry for the first time.they could only tell that she was crying before by facial expressions.it was very croaky and quiet ,but at least they know her vocal chords work.

She has now been moved out of intensive care unit ,they can pick her up.
It is such a miracle and the best Christmas present they could have.
We thank everyone,,,and believe me we have had people praying for her from all over the world.
We just think she has been such a little fighter .
I am hoping to see her at the end of the week.

Hope little Esme is improving as well.I didnt add to old thread as thought it deserved a new beginning and hope both little girls have a lot going for them in the New Year to live as normal a life as possible.

Thankyou everyone <3 <3

Wend

Wend Report 16 Dec 2013 19:54

Wonderful news Brenda - I hope it's a new beginning for little Katie and that she goes from strength to strength.

May you all have a very happy Christmas <3

Fly

Fly Report 16 Dec 2013 20:00

Brenda that's wonderful news <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 16 Dec 2013 20:01

Oh that is fantastic news Brenda. It is lovely that they are now able to pick her up

Esme is much the same, still being fed through the tube. She has an appointment in January to see about having a stomach tube put in, so the nasal tube can be removed, that would make life much easier all round. This week, she started playing with a toy, trying to pick it up, that is a great improvement, but is well behind when she should have been doing it,she is officially developmentally delayed.

She is coming to stay later in the week and then we are joining up with the other grandparents so we can all spend Christmas together

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Dec 2013 20:37

Oh good news Brenda a lovely Christmas present for you all.

Linda picking up a toy is progress bless little Esme too, enjoy Christmas with her.

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 16 Dec 2013 20:41

Wonderful news, Brenda - every step forward is such good news.

Mersey

Mersey Report 16 Dec 2013 20:43

Fantastic News Brenda <3 <3 <3 to you and yours <3 :-)

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 16 Dec 2013 20:50

Brilliant news Brenda..........Enjoy Xmas now..... <3 <3

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 16 Dec 2013 21:21

Wonderful news Brenda and just in time for Christmas. :-D <3

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 16 Dec 2013 21:26

Aww Brenda what a fantastic Christmas present. I am so happy for all your family. Katie is amazing, and I have to say looking gorgeous on the picture.

Love Sylvia <3 <3

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 16 Dec 2013 21:28

L inda, bless little Esme. Sounds good to hear she is trying to pick up a toy, she is obviously taking notice of things. It is lovely that she is coming to stay and you will all be spending Christmas together. Love to you all <3 <3

Island

Island Report 16 Dec 2013 21:34

I've been following your thread with hope Brenda, not daring to post as it is too close to home. Thank the Lord your little one is at last showing positive signs. I wish her and her mummy and daddy all the best - and her grands of course. <3

Nolls from Harrogate

Nolls from Harrogate Report 16 Dec 2013 21:41

Wonderful news about little Katie a lovely Christmas Miracle indeed.
Well done Little Esme picking up a toy is a great hurdle long may it continue for both little ones.
We also are so lucky to have a Healthy Lovely Christmas Baby

Christmas Blessings to Both families :-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 16 Dec 2013 21:45

Such lovely positive news, so welcome anytime, but especially just before Christmas.
It sounds as if both little girls have come a long way already.

Gwyn

kandj

kandj Report 16 Dec 2013 23:29

A little Christmas miracle. What a blessing and wonderful news. I hope that both special little babies will improve daily and their families can enjoy Christmas together.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Dec 2013 00:01

Fantastic news <3

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 17 Dec 2013 00:33

Wonderful news about Katie, the whole family must be delighted. May she go from strength to strength.

Esme may be behind in her development at the moment but attempting to pick up a toy is quite an achievement.

Shows that she has the ability to see.
That she is interested on what she can see.
That she is aware that she has got hands at the end of her arms.
That these hands/arms can be used to reach.
That her hands/fingers/thumbs can be used to pick up something.
That she is bothered enough to give it a try.

Big smiles all round :-) :-) :-) :-) Plus love and hugs for being so tremendous.

EDIT
. Have erased my rather long-winded advice.
I haven't seen Esme, therefore on futher thought I realise that it is not a good idea for me to give advice about her.

May her progress continue -

:-) :-) :-)

Huia

Huia Report 17 Dec 2013 03:15

I am really delighted for both families. May they continue to experience progress.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 17 Dec 2013 04:19

What lovely news, both families must be encouraged by what is happening.

I hope both little girls go from strength to strength and will do all they are able as time goes on.

Christmas miracles for them both.

Lizxx

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 17 Dec 2013 07:14

Simply wonderful news. Bremda. long may she continue to thrive. BC XX

<3