General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Genes exported wrong tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 21 Dec 2013 15:18

Would you believe it , I have exported my tree but Genes have sent an email and they have exported me someone else,s tree, :-(

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 21 Dec 2013 16:07

Yes i would believe it.

:-(

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 21 Dec 2013 19:53

Hi wanted to export mine today but decided to do it tomorrow instead when I have more time. Maybe I'll leave it for now. :-(

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 22 Dec 2013 00:17

not funny really, but I had to laugh.

:-D

Do you know anyone on that tree?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Dec 2013 00:39

...so much for keeping your tree private! :-|

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 23 Dec 2013 11:31

Hi Margaret,

Please PM me with details and we'll take care of this.

Regards,

Shelley

Margaret

Margaret Report 24 Dec 2013 18:48

I have already sent a PM and you replied saying you would look into it for me ,I look forward to an explanation.
Margaret.

Margaret

Margaret Report 30 Dec 2013 17:07

I am still waiting for an explanation.
Margaret.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Dec 2013 17:18

Send them another message - don't count on them reading this thread, cos it's unlikely to happen or at least not until Shelley has recovered from the Festive Season!

Staff will start to trickle back into work after the New Year; if GR are like most office based organisations, they'll only have a skeleton staff (perhaps working from home) over the Christmas/New Year period.

Margaret

Margaret Report 30 Dec 2013 17:23

Thanks I will do that, I will wait till after new year as like you say probably only a skeleton staff working.

Thelma

Thelma Report 30 Dec 2013 20:07

You could try and download your tree again.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 Dec 2013 22:02

I down loaded mine a couple of days ago and it was okay. Maybe as Thelma says you could try doing it again, it can't get any worse.

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 31 Dec 2013 12:19

Hi Margaret,

Customer support are looking in to this one for you. We apologise for the delay, please bear with us.

Regards,

Shelley

Margaret

Margaret Report 1 Jan 2014 19:44

Well I tried again and still get this other persons tree, just tried a few mins ago and still the same, it looks I will just have to wait while genes look into this, I cant understand how this should happen, and like maggiewinchester says, so much for keeping your tree private :-|

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Jan 2014 14:43

Just a update ,Finally GR have exported my tree successfully, they said the reason I was exported the wrong tree is because I had nothing entered for my current surname in my registration , so now they are exporting my tree under my maiden name,( which is my family tree name and always has been), Ive been a member many years and i have exported my tree before with no problems, so i emailed back and pointed this out , the reply was, sorry but they can now see that my surname was not entered correctly on actual registration, first they say nothing was entered now they say it was entered incorrectly, I give up ! whatever the reason, there is still no excuse for sending me some one else,s tree with a name not remotely like mine, no explanation for that.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 3 Jan 2014 16:15

If I go into 'my account' the only name I have entered there is Tenerife Sun. My real name, maiden or married, is not on the form.

I exported my tree last week so not sure what they are on about

Wendy

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Jan 2014 16:51

No I don,t know what they are on about either, I think they made a blunder but wont admit it, it would have been nice to admit their mistake instead of making excuse,s.

Margaret.