General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A Lobster in the Garden!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 3 Jan 2014 16:04

The weather on the west coast of Ireland, where my family live, has been extraordinary. Enormous boulders have been tossed up by the Atlantic, landing in the middle of the roads. The Gods surely must be a trifle grumpy!

On the plus side, my grandchildren were thrilled to find a lobster in their garden this morning, kindly donated by the sea! How excited they must have been! And how delicious it must taste!

Kay????

Kay???? Report 3 Jan 2014 16:17

Hello lady wonderful.

oh my fav shell fish,,,,,,,yummy yum,,,,,,,i shall forward my addy incase they get a good haul.,,,,,,,, :-D :-D :-D..........

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 3 Jan 2014 16:22

Mine too, Kay, but it must be slathered with butter and grilled.. Let's hope they get some more and we can share! :-D <3

Kay????

Kay???? Report 3 Jan 2014 16:27

I can taste it now,,,,,,dribble,droodle,slaps lips.......grilled is fine aswell........ask them to cook it fisrt BC I cant bring myself to look at its sad beady eyes as it sinks in the pot of boiling water......

wrapped in foil with a slab of butter done the the bbq is mouthwatering,,,,, :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 3 Jan 2014 16:29

I could just eat a lobster thermadore, yum yum :-D

Kay your avatar is fab !!! :-D :-D :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 3 Jan 2014 16:35

Ta Mersey ,,,,,,,,,

Its one I had taken a litle while ago........ ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D..........

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Jan 2014 16:43

Ooh how wonderful BC I love lobster. Mmmm! :-)

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 3 Jan 2014 16:48

Sorry girls, but I think the odds are against the sea dishing up any more lobster tonight! :-D

Kay, you look simply....simply...well a bit different to the lovely lady I met at Peterborough. The years have not been kind...*titters.... :-D <3 <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 3 Jan 2014 16:52

Kay I bet you havent changed LOL ;-) ;-) :-D

BC if they do get another one please put pity on a Liverpool Lass who does not see the seaside from one year to th next, who doesn't get lobster from her ickle corner shop, and a girl who needs feeding every now and again, holds hand upto brow *hope she feels my pain* ;-) ;-)

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 3 Jan 2014 16:58

Mersey...am fillin up here :-( :-( :-( Have put in a request for any seakill that is thrown up tonight. Have explained the sad circumstances and they will send it asap...they ask if a nice crunchy seaweed would be acceptable? My grandma used to boil it and make blancmange. Yes yes I know it's not lobster thermidor but hey! :-D :-D :-D <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 3 Jan 2014 17:12

BC I now know you care, but please only shout me if it is lobster as I can get seaweed with number 11, 18, and 29 at my local takeaway... ;-) :-D :-D

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 3 Jan 2014 17:29

What Mersey said except I'm further away from the sea so am in even more dire need ;-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 3 Jan 2014 17:30

BC.,,,,,,,,its called the LA lift wind swept look,,,,,,, :-D :-D :-D..

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 3 Jan 2014 17:35

ooh loverly fresh lobster in the garden!!...have you seen the price of it?? :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 3 Jan 2014 17:40

CATC I said it first :-P :-P :-D :-D ;-) holds hand out "please BC can I have somemore" bottom lip pertruding :-(

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 3 Jan 2014 18:31

Oh I dont like lobster but if sny crabs sppear stick my name down ;-)

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 3 Jan 2014 18:38

I've got crabs Stray.

:-D :-D :-D

ChAoTicintheNewYear

ChAoTicintheNewYear Report 3 Jan 2014 18:41

Ah, but I should have it as I don't have much longer to go :-P

Prickles :-D :-D :-D

Wend

Wend Report 3 Jan 2014 18:41

Boohoo - I only have goldfish and shubunkins in my garden. Well, I did have last time I looked - I daren't go down to check in case I slip over and fall in the pond :-0 :-D

Ooh, Stray, I agree - nuffin' like a bit of crab with brown bread and butter. :-D

Talking of crabs - anyone seen Prickles lately?

Wend

Wend Report 3 Jan 2014 18:44

Falls off chair :-D :-D :-D

Evenin' Prickles - great minds fink aloike eh! ;-) :-D