General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone wants to have a pop at me

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jan 2014 22:30

now's your chance, make it quick and to the point. :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 8 Jan 2014 22:33

LOL Rose.....as if one would dare :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 8 Jan 2014 22:40

You're far too clever for your own boots. Stand one step back, Susan with.

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jan 2014 22:40

;-) ah go on Susan I bet there is someone out there who'll risk it ;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jan 2014 22:41

~~~ John, in answer to your question on that other thread, yes I am off , not renewing , but good luck with your book!

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 8 Jan 2014 22:43

As you have asked i feel it would be rude not tooooooooo

POP @ Rose

Roy :-P

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jan 2014 22:45

Pop back at you Roy :-)

apropos of nothing much I used to sell wooden pop guns :-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 8 Jan 2014 22:49

CANT THINK
why would anybody want to have a pop at your Rose :-D :-D

AT LEAST YOUR HONESY IN YOUR OPINIONS :-) :-)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 8 Jan 2014 22:50

I find it so difficult to stick my tongue out. But you do ramble a lot, Rose. That Fred was spot on :-D ;-) Can't see this thread taking off. Most posters are plain scared of you:-0 :-0 Me included:-( :-(

Ta re book. Really enjoying being back in academia after nearly 50 years away. Off to traipse round the inner sancti of Cambridge again very soon, and it makes me feel very special (like James Blunt when he met Bill Clinton) ;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jan 2014 22:58

I'm always honest Joy , often I temper it with politeness, or kindness, eg not saying 'your bum DOES look big in that" lol, but maybe "the other skirt is much nicer " ;-)

John I wasn't "rambling" , the larger part of what i said was quoting...you of all people should appreciate that! Frederick tells off colour and/or offensive jokes on a regular basis and not much else...though please if you can find a quote from him that isn't smutty or abusive in some way, feel free to post it here:-) I'm not averse to some witty discourse ;-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Jan 2014 23:05

Honesty is the best policy in my books Rose. You are a woman to my own heart I always tell it the way it is . I shall miss your posts

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 8 Jan 2014 23:07

To be honest, Rose - I read almost all your posts and I don't think I have EVER read one by Fred. I am sure he has an audience.

I hate to think we are going to fall out in your last 68 days on Genes - which will be a longer farewell than the witty gentleman who (like the Scottish play) must not be mentioned - though everyone knows who he is :-D ;-)

But if it is has to end in a fight, I shall raise my little gloved donnies :-D :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jan 2014 23:08

Thank you LaGooner :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jan 2014 23:11

12 John , days that is, or maybe it's 11? not sure which midnight it ends at lol, If i turn into a pumpkin I shall know then i suppose :-)

No we won't fall out, who knows you might write a best seller and then i can say " I knew him before he was famous" ;-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 8 Jan 2014 23:11

Time for me to be honest Rose
I don't want you to go I like reading your opinions
I also like hearing about your life experiences
and I would miss you :-( :-

(and also you once did something that I wont forget -- a good thing)
your honesty was much appreciated on that occasion :-D :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 8 Jan 2014 23:15

:-D :-D Nice, Rose. Such a short time, isn't it. Hope you have some fun before and after watershed.

Me being thick and all that, I have been struggling with your "POVBC" on another thread. Think I have just sussed it.

"I have an out of date point of view" :-D :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jan 2014 23:16

i remember Joy :-) But this time I really am going, financially it's an essential..I need new shoes more than I need to be here lol.

Just as a ramble ( to please John lol) I am shocked at the price of 'good' shoes these days, but as the wise man said "spend on good quality beds and shoes, because you spend most of your life in one or the other" :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Jan 2014 23:17

Correct John , "point of view " :-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 8 Jan 2014 23:18

and why would you be going Rambley ,,,,,,,? :-P

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 8 Jan 2014 23:22

This is a thread about having a pop. And you have turned it into fashion shoes and beds and soft furnishings, Rose. Yet another girlie thread :-0 :-0

My fil bought two very expensive pairs of leather shoes and they were still doing him proud 20 years later (true). Mind you, he did spend most of the day in bed (not true).

:-) :-)