General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Genes support

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 19 Feb 2014 15:34

I wish to send an email to the Genes Reunited Support Team and thought that I had the email address but I can't find it. Can some kind soul out there post the address on here for me please.

Thanks

Island

Island Report 19 Feb 2014 15:51

[email protected]

:-)

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 19 Feb 2014 15:52

Here you go Jonesey:-

[email protected]

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 19 Feb 2014 15:52

Snap :-D

Island

Island Report 19 Feb 2014 15:54

:-D

I must admit I looked on FB for it (it's always on there) but as soon as I saw it I realised how obvious it is lol. :-D

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 19 Feb 2014 16:03

Thanks for the address. Something funny is going on as the message keeps getting rejected:

Today at 3:56 PM
Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

:
Remote host said: 554 rejecting banned content [BODY]

Kense

Kense Report 19 Feb 2014 16:14

It is given in at least three of the items at the bottom of each page. i.e. Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy and Company Information.

As the normal email isn't working you could try:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/help/contact/support/feedback

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 19 Feb 2014 16:18

Tried it Ken. That doesn't appear to be working either as when you have entered your message and pressed "Preview Message" this is what you get:

Sorry. An error has occurred
The page you were trying to load has experienced an error. This error has been logged and will be investigated.

If you hit the back button on your browser, it will return you to the page you were on, and you may like to try the action again. If you repeatedly experience the same error, please contact Customer Support.

If you were following a link from your favourites, an email or from another site, the link may have changed. We recommend returning to the home page of the Genes Reunited site, and following the existing menu options to navigate to the same content.

To return to the home page, click on the Genes Reunited logo.

Now where have I seen that before? ;-)

Kense

Kense Report 19 Feb 2014 16:21

Oh dear. I'm sorry. :-(
You will have to send a letter. :-)

jax

jax Report 19 Feb 2014 16:39

Or you could ring FMP and ask them to run up or down the stairs in the office, to pass on a message from you :-)

Island

Island Report 19 Feb 2014 16:42

or send Shelley aka 'community manager' a pm via the sticky on this page.

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 19 Feb 2014 19:28

Hi Jonesey ;-)
I suppose if you want to make sure GR read a message you send to them, it looks like the best bet is to post it on here then RR it immediately .
That way they would have to read the content so as to make a judgement or whatever.
Seems it might be quicker to get through to them that way, they`re pretty quick at looking at RR`d posts and pulling them. :-D

Joy

Joy Report 19 Feb 2014 20:32

The "banned" thing has happened before, Jonesey. Perhaps best to post on GR's page on facebook?

Noooo - RR`d posts have taken about ten days recently :(

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 19 Feb 2014 22:07

Joy Kentish Maid

"Noooo - RR`d posts have taken about ten days recently"

I`m pretty sure Joy that at least 3 posts were RR`D today and they got seen to pdq. :-)

Joy

Joy Report 19 Feb 2014 22:16

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1299386?d=desc
29 Jan 2014 08:27
Any news, please, Shelley? It is ten days now.

jax

jax Report 19 Feb 2014 22:19

It took about an hour for a post of mine to be removed for no good reason yesterday....never got the do it again and we will bann you email either :-D

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 19 Feb 2014 22:20

Here you go.........

http://www.genesreunited@ Dimwitts.Co.....

:-D :-D

Joy

Joy Report 25 Feb 2014 14:42

Any response, Jonesey?

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 25 Feb 2014 15:15

I have just sent a message via the link Prickles has given. Got an answer straight away :-0 :-0

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 25 Feb 2014 15:35

I tried to send an email on 19th, 20th,21st and 22nd but the email bounced back by Mailer-Daemon on each occasion.

I posted a message on the Genes page on Facebook on the 20th but got no response or reply.

Yesterday I send Hannah (The current GR Community Manager) a personal message which included a copy of the email that I had been trying to send. I asked Hannah if she would kindly pass a copy to the most appropriate person in the GR Support team. Hannah sent me a PM yesterday teatime acknowledging receipt of my PM and said that she would pass a copy on to the support team..

No response or reply from the GR support team as yet but we live in hope. ;-)

P.S.

Genes do not appear to be firing on all cylinders at the moment.

I see that GR request messages for people to give help to requests for information at WDYTYA-Live are still on the various message boards even though the exhibition ended last Saturday..

The WDYTYA-Live message board is still there not that it did much business this year. Just 4 requests from 3 people in 3 days.