General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Departure of David Moyes

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Apr 2014 09:41

Why on earth is this the top news story on BBC? So much time being spent on it - no one has died - but the way this story is being portrayed is absolutely ridiculous - it's football - not the end of the world as we know it

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Apr 2014 09:55

Agree, Ann.
I'd also like to know why my licence money has been spent providing football programmes continuously over the Bank Holiday!!
I want entertainment, not to watch overpaid idiots chasing a ball around.
I thought that was what Sky Sports was there to provide

.....rant over :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 22 Apr 2014 10:15

Quite agree AnnC and Maggie.....bloody ridiculous....Money is the name of game, and Man U don't like losing, worse than that they can't accept losing....say no more :-D :-D :-D :-D (gritting teeth)

jude.....>>>> :-P :-P to football...

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Apr 2014 10:21

next we'll have gum-chewing Alex Ferguson's views on the whole thing :-( :-(

Phyll

Phyll Report 22 Apr 2014 10:23

How much more b****y football can I take. Not only over this weekend but it seems to be on tele every night. OH watches, of course, and then we end up having a row because I'm bored stupid. Went to bed at 8.30 last night because I had just about had enough!

Harry

Harry Report 22 Apr 2014 10:29

Long May headlines like that take pride of place. It means there have been no fresh disasters to report.

Happy days

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Apr 2014 10:31

fair point Harry :-) - BUT it's still overkill :-D

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 22 Apr 2014 10:54

I'm not a Man U. supporter but saying nothing .....cos my team is also rubbish at the moment :o(

Happy Earth Day everyone :-D

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 22 Apr 2014 11:51

Personnaly Football Double Yuk.

They are a lot of overpaid little boys including the mamagers.

The only reason it is top of the page title is because Ferguson recommended him fot the post.

But it wouldn't matter who took the job after Ferguson they wouldn't have been good enough.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 22 Apr 2014 12:04

Apparently he was thanked for his 'hard work, honesty and integrity'. Obviously those qualities aren't enough, says it all really.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Apr 2014 12:08

S i Y, SWW,
one of the few times Sir Alex got it wrong?

Merlin

Merlin Report 22 Apr 2014 13:26

You cant blame David Moyes for the debacle at Man United, He was way out of his depth there,Its one thing to manage Everton But United are a diferent world.It seems that even Everton are doing better since he left.The person/persons to blame are 1.the Players, 2. Fergusson. :-( Plus of course the never ending greed for more Money.**M**.

Robert

Robert Report 22 Apr 2014 13:27

Yes Bobtanian, Alex Ferguson got it wrong and HE should resign.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 22 Apr 2014 13:33

Moyes did OK out of it £5 million kiss off.

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 22 Apr 2014 13:35

As one person tweeted - David Moyes should stand as an MEP for the UKIP party in the forthcoming European elections as he is an expert in getting out of Europe :-D

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 22 Apr 2014 14:10

Quiet news weekend

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 22 Apr 2014 14:22

It really isn't important and there are far more events happening in the world that actually matter far more than boys' games.

So sick of the media taking sport seriously.

Kense

Kense Report 22 Apr 2014 14:31

Yes they should fill the time with more of Will and Kate. :-)

Joy

Joy Report 22 Apr 2014 15:10

http://myliverpoolfc.org/quotes.htm

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very
disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more
important than that." Bill Shankly

;-)

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 22 Apr 2014 17:49

bet you lot can not wait for the world cup to start ....... :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D