General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Don't know why but thank you.

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 May 2014 21:37

I am told that there is an embarrassingly large amount of money coming to me from the lovely people on here.

Don't really understand why you thought it might be necessary or, indeed, deserved in any way but I am very , grateful to you and I thank you very much.

I did suggest to Wend that she should send it to the Selsey and District Carers Support Group, who have been very supportive while Fred was alive and for whom we are asking donations rather than flowers, but she insisted that I should have it.

At the moment I am not even sure I can carry on living here as the tenancy was Fred's and not mine. I certainly hope I can because the garden is becoming well productive again and you don't want to move when you have just got your taters in do you?

I can't really think what to do at the moment so I will let it nestle down quietly in the ISA for now. Otherwise I will be out squandering it on bags of washing soda and seed potatoes in my usual manner.

Later, when things are more settled, I may well renew our passports and, perhaps, take a day trip or two. I think it right that I should give some to the carers group as well.

The lady who is making the vegetable coffin topper for me is was the partner in a nursery which has recently been sold. She has a number of rosemary bushes which we will use as table decorations for the funeral in the hope that people will take them away and plant them in remembrance. There will be collecting boxes dotted about for the carers in the hope that they might drop a couple of bob in for them.

Once again, thank you for this totally unexpected, and greatly undeserved gift.

I am wondering if it might be an advance against royalties for that book you are going to be very disappointed about when I don't write it.

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 8 May 2014 22:23

Be as embarrassed as you like Sharron.........then enjoy spending every bloomin' penny of it , on whatever your want, you very much deserve it:-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 May 2014 22:24

as Lynda says - blush as much as you like - we thought you deserved to go to the meet, so enjoy spending it <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 May 2014 22:24

How FGS?!

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 8 May 2014 22:29

It was meant for thee - just to let you know we really care.
If it has given you a lift - that is good.

You must write that book when the moment is right - after all the draft is already on here! :-D <3

Kay????

Kay???? Report 8 May 2014 22:40

It aint for you to understand or puzzle over it.

it just is.

<3

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 9 May 2014 08:36

As AnnC says we thought it would give you the opportunity to go to the meet and have a good laugh, which l'm sure it will be (wish l could go), but the book also sounds like a good idea....its for YOU!!

jude :-)

lilybids

lilybids Report 9 May 2014 09:02

just enjoy it knowing it was given for the lovely stories we all enjoyed that you wrote about Fred and his mate.
<3

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 May 2014 09:07

I am sorry I won't be able to come to the meet.

It was all sprung on me too quickly and I have a little work that week-end.

There is also an elderly cat to consider.

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 9 May 2014 09:08

Sharron although most of us will never meet, and are unable to pay our respects at the funeral. This is a token of our recognition of all you have done for Fred. Enjoy it, whatever you decide to do.

Thank you for sharing the stories, your memories will keep him alive.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 9 May 2014 09:21

As Paula says "enjoy it what ever you do with it"....its yours:)

jude

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 May 2014 09:39

I just can't understand why it should be mine.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 9 May 2014 09:40

The alternative suggestion was, that if you couldn't make the 'meet' you should use the gift to pay for a break away. That is a good idea as it would be a stepping stone into what could be regarded as a 'new life' for you.

You gave us Fred who we all took into our hearts. We loved your tales and I think we all miss him already.

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 May 2014 09:51

The REALLY pressing problem, which , I might tell you, is causing me a lot of stress at the moment, is whether I can stay here.

I have only ever lived here and a house down the road where I was born and so was my grandfather, eighty years before me. They lived there as well as us, that is how we did it round here.

Fred's mate looked after his mother until she died. He lived with her three doors away from us until he chose to move from the three bedroomed house to a flat. Next to that house, in another three bedroomed house, is another man of our age with his mother. There is a woman, whose daughter has grown up, who lives with her mother round the corner. Plenty more locally. We just do it that way here.

Once that awful trauma is over I can start thinking ahead.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 9 May 2014 09:51

We all so enjoyed your stories of Fred, he was such a character and so are you, you have a way of telling those stories. You obviously spent alot of time looking after him and got him to do so much, you encouraged him to look after himself and get out and about....so maybe its now time for you. Take care

jude

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 9 May 2014 10:02

Was the house your fathers or is it rented??

The way its done in your area is lovely by the sounds of it, families looking after each other:)...wish more people did it.

jude

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 May 2014 10:07

It is housing association. The decision is theirs.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 9 May 2014 10:12

Ok, l can see why you are worrying...are they deliberating on the situation now? Have you spoken to CAB??

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 May 2014 10:20

I understand the situation completely.

The paperwork is in , I know what I can do to make my case a little stronger.

I am fairly sure they will house me but I want to stay HERE.It is something I will need to gather my strength and adapt to if they need the house for a family.

It is quite selfish of me not to want to leave this house really and I understand this but it doesn't stop me does it?

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 9 May 2014 11:15

Well we are all thinking of you Sharron, especially next week.

I have my sausages already for Mondays tea.

Take a bit of time to yourself and get away for a few days if you can.

Leaving any home is difficult, whether you want to or not, especially hard if you have lived somewhere for a long time.

Thanks for all your stories, we all so enjoyed hearing them.

Take care, M. x